Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess we'll be seeing some Roadhog buffs in a bit (hopefully). Most of my time played is on Roadhog and actually seeing this in action makes me sad, especially since a tree even cancels it even though it's you know....a hook....

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Guess we'll be seeing some Roadhog buffs in a bit (hopefully). Most of my time played is on Roadhog and actually seeing this in action makes me sad, especially since a tree even cancels it even though it's you know....a hook....
    Trees cancel DVa explosions and has not been changed yet, don't think too many people are feeling sad for Hog right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It seems fair to me. If he hooks most heroes then he's guaranteed a kill if he plays his cards right. He can do this every six seconds. So if an enemy is behind cover even partially then it seems logical that they won't be liable to die so abruptly. It will reward precise timing - which is something needed for a powerful ability. 76's helix rocket can kill Tracer in one hit, for instance, but only if he aims correctly.
    This. Get over it people.

Right now, the hook is the most rewarding skill in the game, with the extreme minimum effort.

If you fail, try again in 6 seconds (Who came up with this retarded CD anyway?). I prefer to get headshotted by a skilled Widow, than get killed by an ability that even my 4 year old nephew can probably land.

well atleast i find this funny

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    This. Get over it people.

Right now, the hook is the most rewarding skill in the game, with the extreme minimum effort.

If you fail, try again in 6 seconds (Who came up with this retarded CD anyway?). I prefer to get headshotted by a skilled Widow, than get killed by an ability that even my 4 year old nephew can probably land.
    Except yet again, hook takes just as much aiming. It doesn't need to break over suck a slight LoS break.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love this change, about time really. The hook was such bullshit, for both Hog and the target but mostly for the target.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I love this change, about time really. The hook was such bullshit, for both Hog and the target but mostly for the target.
    I personally had more bullshit happen against me than the target, but then again i would only ever throw my hook at targets i could see. Never did abuse the hitboxes.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Trees cancel DVa explosions and has not been changed yet, don't think too many people are feeling sad for Hog right now.
    I feel as sad for Hog nerfs as I would for frost mage nerfs in WoW.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just me, but the hitbox seems much smaller too. So not only can you not hook anyone that's remotely near any kind of corner or object, you can't hook someone outside unless your shot is as precise as a goddamn sniper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tydrane View Post
    I'll remember that the next time I use my personal teleporter to escape from a miniature singularity fired from a laser gun by a Russian weightlifter...
    Well if you put it that way, then there's absolutely no problem with hogs chain bending and sticking to the target. Might as well throw in them texture pulling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I personally had more bullshit happen against me than the target, but then again i would only ever throw my hook at targets i could see. Never did abuse the hitboxes.
    If so, then this change might actually come out as a buff in your favor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    You've clearly not looked at any of the PTR footage. If the target is in any way, behind anything, the hook fails. They can stand at a corner, shooting you in the face, and you can not hook them anymore. If it is as you say, working as intended, then the intent is for Roadhog to never be played.
    I watched the videos. That's how it's supposed to work. You shouldn't be able to hit someone's earlobe and score a hook while standing behind a lamp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    We're talking about objects though that are thinner than the target's hitbox. The hook is just going straight through them. That's not right. Yes, if you're hiding behind a tree and I can't see you, then it makes sense that I can't hit you. But if you're hiding behind a light pole thinking that it's "cover", and I can't still see 3/4 of your body, there's no reason for me to not be able to hit you.
    Then that's an issue with the size of the light pole model. Not the hook ability right? That means the actual hitbox for the light pole is larger than the graphic we see.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except yet again, hook takes just as much aiming. It doesn't need to break over suck a slight LoS break.
    Well I've seen that Lucio gif, where he's going back and forth behind that tree. I still have no issues with that. You won't be in that situation often. And it's a great way to bait out the Roadhog using his hook. It's almost the same as knowing a Reinhardt has his Earthshatter up, and you as the other Reinhardt can bait him out by dropping your shield for just a second and then put it up again, in him wasting his ultimate.

It increases the skill cap in the Roadhog, and it can also lead to some skillful dodging.

If you catch someone out in the open as a Roadhog, you'll still get a kill most of the time. And that chance every 6 seconds.

I for one can't wait to be able to dodge a hook using cover. As a Pharah main, I can take some better shots at him, but will still be extremely vulnerable in the sky.
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2017-01-07 at 07:03 PM.

Well I've seen that Lucio gif, where he's going back and forth behind that tree. I still have no issues with that. You won't be in that situation often. And it's a great way to bait out the Roadhog using his hook. It's almost the same as knowing a Reinhardt has his Earthshatter up, and you as the other Reinhardt can bait him out by dropping your shield for just a second and then put it up again, in him wasting his ultimate.

It increases the skill cap in the Roadhog, and it can also lead to some skillful dodging.

If you catch someone out in the open as a Roadhog, you'll still get a kill most of the time. And that chance every 6 seconds.

I for one can't wait to be able to dodge a hook using cover. As a Pharah main, I can take some better shots at him, but will still be extremely vulnerable in the sky.
    Have you seen the 2nd gif then? Where you can quite clearly see the stationary unmoving bot in the other room, and the hook hits him, but doesn't even pull him because their shoulder is covered by the wall?

Deleted
    Have you seen the 2nd gif then? Where you can quite clearly see the stationary unmoving bot in the other room, and the hook hits him, but doesn't even pull him because their shoulder is covered by the wall?
    Yeah, I've seen them. I still agree with the hooks breaking near corners. Maybe it's something Blizzard will adjust a little bit more in time.

I'm just a bit salty about how the way these hooks work, I still don't think it belongs in a FPS. Headshots from snipers/McCree etc I fully support. The hook, I simply don't like.

There's some other things that annoy me, like the Symmetra turrets and those times when Scatter Arrows rek me from full health. But I find them to be different than just the hook. And I want things like that to stay. They can be annoying, but the hook is just frustrating.

Yeah, I've seen them. I still agree with the hooks breaking near corners. Maybe it's something Blizzard will adjust a little bit more in time.

I'm just a bit salty about how the way these hooks work, I still don't think it belongs in a FPS. Headshots from snipers/McCree etc I fully support. The hook, I simply don't like.

There's some other things that annoy me, like the Symmetra turrets and those times when Scatter Arrows rek me from full health. But I find them to be different than just the hook. And I want things like that to stay. They can be annoying, but the hook is just frustrating.
    There's a difference though between you thinking it's fine because you don't like it, and Blizzard saying that line of sight should break it, while having line of sight is ALSO breaking it.

10+ Year Old Account

If the hook was completely removed and Roadhog was balanced differently, I wouldn't necessarily argue with that. But the hook requires a certain amount of skill to throw, and make sure the melee shot gets off (it still takes skill, especially on fucking Genji). So why would one argue that the hook takes less skill that completely random Scatter Arrow kills?

This is what bothers me. Everyone complains about the hook. Nobody complains about Flashbang kills. Nobody complains about Reinhardt's charge having a gravitational pull effect pulling you towards him to pin you, or killing you by hitting a wall you're standing above. Nobody complains about Ana putting you to sleep and then teabagging you before she shoots you in the face killing you. yet everyone complains about the hook, when more often than not, the bugginess of it on live works in favor of the target, NOT Roadhog.

- - - Updated - - -

https://gfycat.com/PointedMindlessIndochinesetiger

If anyone still thinks hook is fine after seeing this...

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone still thinks hook is fine after seeing this...
    We'll just end up having hook as some sort of short duration stun to interrupt ultimate abilities, instead of pulling enemies to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    We'll just end up having hook as some sort of short duration stun to interrupt ultimate abilities, instead of pulling enemies to us.
    Also known as, pick anyone with a stun, and not Roadhog