Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Top DPS going into 7.1.5?

Any verdict on the DPS specs that will generally be in the top 5 in 7.1.5?

I'm guessing SPs will still be in there even after the nerfs. Mages are also looking good (Fire still looking to be the best overall even after the changes even though Frost looks like it might be better for single target fights).

How are the melee DPS looking? From what I'm seeing, it might be Rets and Havocs with maybe an Ass Rogue close behind? Enh also looking good. Did the Ele buffs make them worthwhile now?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Surrender to madness was nerfed but all other things were buffed. Priest might be one of the top dps even without s2m. On super short fight s2m will still be dominant. Mage will always have one good spec. Fire will be probably worst spec, frost might be looking good but I think arcane is where best mage spec will be.

Deleted
    Arms. Arms. I think still they will rekt everyone else.

Deleted
    BM hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    Surrender to madness was nerfed but all other things were buffed. Priest might be one of the top dps even without s2m. On super short fight s2m will still be dominant. Mage will always have one good spec. Fire will be probably worst spec, frost might be looking good but I think arcane is where best mage spec will be.
    Mage is pretty mediocre all things considered, unless I'm unaware of how well Arcane is performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Mage is pretty mediocre all things considered, unless I'm unaware of how well Arcane is performing.
    Arcane is simming almost 50k above any other mage spec and with tier is simming like 640k dps Making it top 1-3 specs..

UH DK. Its our time boys! Thats why the patch hasn't been given a release date. Our damage is too strong and they are freaking out on how to keep us in check.

Arms Warrior, Sub Rogue at higher Ilvls, Arcane Mage, BM with Tier could be very strong also... Havoc is simming slightly higher than it is currently with the changes also.. not sure what else... Frost dk with 2m30s sindra fury could be nice also if it crits each time (3-5m)

Deleted
    It's Warlock, I'm sure. They are just insanely overpowered this whole expansion.

Deleted
    The top DPS for most guilds will be the one that is very familiar with his class and rotation. Fights also vary a lot, seeing as some are better at single-target/AoE than others.

Deleted
    As melee Single target goes, I'd say strongest will be Rogue.
    as Ranged Single Target, I'd say strongest will probably be warlock.
    As melee cleave/Aoe I'd say it'll be between Enhacement shaman and frost DK, aoe Specced havoc demon hunter too, they'll three will be close.
    As ranged cleave/aoe I'd say Elemental Shaman.

Deleted
    Arms with a huge lead. Then maybe arcane mages

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prottek View Post
    Arms. Arms. I think still they will rekt everyone else.
    Why you think so? did they get overbuffed or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Varamar View Post
    They already are the top melee dps with the two bis legs

Quote Originally Posted by Varamar View Post
    probably looking at that shit http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19M.html too often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemviper View Post
    The top DPS for most guilds will be the one that is very familiar with his class and rotation. Fights also vary a lot, seeing as some are better at single-target/AoE than others.
    That is a stupid think to say... All mythic raiders should be very familiar with their class and rotation.
    Aye mate

Rogue, Rogue and Rogue again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    That is a stupid think to say... All mythic raiders should be very familiar with their class and rotation.
    You'd be surprised. I raid casually with a 7/7 and 2/3 Mythic guild (I come for the EN farm and the weekly Heroic clears which are open to casual members) and yet am still consistently top or near the top on Nyth, Ursoc, Renferel, Xavius, Odyn and Guarm as a Sin rogue even though I am 10-20 ilvls underneath the guild mains. That's because I have devoted myself almost entirely to the spec and practise constantly, to the point where I am logging 97%+ for my ilvl.

Humility aside, I am a GREAT Sin Rogue. The difference between "really good" and "great" is noticeable.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    It's Warlock, I'm sure. They are just insanely overpowered this whole expansion.
    Wait what? Are you playing Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Wait what? Are you playing Legion?

If that's not sarcasm I do not know what sarcasm is ^_^