Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cherry picked the people to do this survey with, thats some great fake news there

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    It means "Romans Go Home!"

20 years since high school Spanish will do that.
    I'm an MD with a masters in Spanish et al linguistics. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Cherry picked the people to do this survey with, thats some great fake news there
    Please provide proof.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Please provide proof.
    try reading the article , says it clearly

[QUOTE=Anni;44082894]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanese_Arabic

Lebanese is a variety of Levantine Arabic, indigenous to and spoken primarily in Lebanon, with significant linguistic influences borrowed from other Middle Eastern and European languages, and is in some ways unique from other varieties of Arabic.

- - - Updated - - -

still it is arabic even if it is borrowing from other languages. same goes for arabic in North Africa, it borrows from french/spanish. Also to note, I have studied arabic for 7/8 years... Someone from north Africa understand perfectly a lebanese person speaking arabic.

May be this is a way to try a dissociates from other arabic speaking countries, I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Just wanted to see if you seriously meant what you were saying.

Someone had better go tell Rosetta Stone and all those language teachers we have in schools/etc that they are entirely wasting their time, and that all you have to do to learn a language is to go to the country of whatever language is in question
    You would be surprised how quickly someone learns the language when everyone else speaks it. Humans are social creatures so the desire to communicate will incentive them to quickly pick up on the new language. With children, they pick it up even quicker.

The point of taking a language class or buying software is to learn the language without having to move. People in the U.S. will learn French/German/Japanese/etc for just for shits and giggles or perhaps for a job requirement.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with all this posting of fake news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The US has no official language.

Perhaps you are at wrong for speaking English?
    Just because Congress never thought they would NEED to designate a national language doesnt mean it isnt the defacto national language. English was the only language we used for every official document until the Spanish speakers started bitching and moaning that we needed to cater to them so they wouldnt have to learn English about 20 years ago, and every time we have TRIED to make English the official language recently, we are called a bunch of racist bigots because we expect everyone to be able to communicate much easier

- - - Updated - - -

As in New York City? Where Clinton received >80% of the votes?
    But yes. The young people! Too bad we have this: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwznlnJWgAAxVqb.jpg
    Very misleading and wrong. First of all its a survey monkey survey which isnt scientific as anyone can take it, and secondly even if accurate it only shows who active millennial voters would choose, and only about 10% of millennials even vote. The other 90% are the silent majority (and the Silent Majority of all ages are who came out for Trump)
    Last edited by Orlong; 2017-01-07 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    There is no such thing as lebanese language... come on now.

Lebanese people speak arabic. period. a common second language is french, but the main official country wide Lebanese language is arabic.

thanks.
    Most people who speak refer to it as Lebanese, largely due the massive difference in structure and colloquialisms from Modern Standard Arabic. I'm well aware it's technically the same language. If you've ever tried to speak both dialects you'll understand why the distinction is used.

I'm glad you could educate me though

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite telling that it's a conservative source saying they're fitting in. Hardly any bias there.

That's pretty racist to call another language gibberish. Wow!
    language isnt a race... so how the fuck you come to the conclusion that its racist is mind boggling.

http://www.dw.com/en/immigrants-lead...nds/a-36798260

Hopefully we can stop having these false claims posted that they don't want to be part of society. Clearly they do.
    Really neat how highly they view Germany as well eh?
    It makes sense, they actually decided to move to Germany over others who were born there and take Germany for granted. You just don't know what you have got until it's taken away from you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    language isnt a race... so how the fuck you come to the conclusion that its racist is mind boggling.
    shhhhhhhh. Calm down. It is in fact racist to call another races language gibberish. Instead of getting all riled up and smashing your keyboard, maybe you should take a moment to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    The US has no official language.

Perhaps you are at wrong for speaking English?
    Sorry...my State I live in has its official language as English...almost 20 years before I was even born...yet there are still plenty of Spanish people who never learned English...I lived a block down the rode from this house of Mexicans who never learned English...played with the kids a bit.

Before that the official state language was American...generations before I was born...so where is the excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    You learn it BEFORE you immigrate
    ... Do you know how many English move to France, Spain or Italy without bothering to ever learn the languages first? Do you know how many people tourist in other countries without bothering learning even a few phrases that could be valuable should something happen? How many US citizens live on the border to Mexico without bothering to learn Spanish? How many natives are shit at their native language outside of the spoken tongue?

People fleeing war simply cannot sit and study languages before they flee. If that's an inconvenience to people safe in their little bubble, that's fine.

People look at the extremes and apply that impression to the masses... despite the fact that said extremists MOSTLY harm those masses that are then forced to flee...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-01-08 at 01:23 AM.

As an immigrant myself, integration is absolutely key to me. If you aren't willing to assimilate and adopt the social and moral values of the country you choose to emigrant to, they go somewhere else that suits your values.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... Do you know how many English move to France, Spain or Italy without bothering to ever learn the languages first? Do you know how many people tourist in other countries without bothering learning even a few phrases that could be valuable should something happen? How many US citizens live on the border to Mexico without bothering to learn Spanish? How many natives are shit at their native language outside of the spoken tongue?

People fleeing war simply cannot sit and study languages before they flee. If that's an inconvenience to people safe in their little bubble, that's fine.

People look at the extremes and apply that impression to the masses... despite the fact that said extremists MOSTLY harm those masses that are then forced to flee...
    Statistics show that 60% are "economic migrants" meaning they aren't fleeing war, they are coming for the hand-outs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    As an immigrant myself, integration is absolutely key to me. If you aren't willing to assimilate and adopt the social and moral values of the country you choose to emigrant to, they go somewhere else that suits your values.
    As an immigrant myself... this is bullshit. You don't need to adopt any values.

I posted a thread based on a study to debunk false claims that are propagated from some segments in society.
    you know what u did it seems you enjoy posting threads trying to cause drama
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by Steven French View Post
    Statistics show that 60% are "economic migrants" meaning they aren't fleeing war, they are coming for the hand-outs.
    I know. That somehow negates what I said... how? Economic migrants shouldn't be allowed to stay in the first place.

Sadly, the government of my country show exceptional ineptitude in this department... as with most other things. It harms those truly seeking refuge.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-01-08 at 02:21 AM.

Is that why you have huge areas with just Turks in Germany? Because of assimilation?

Duisburg-Marxloh, Dortmund-Nordstadt and similar areas disprove any kind of claim of assimilation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    As an immigrant myself... this is bullshit. You don't need to adopt any values.
    Then don't go there. Thanks.

http://www.ruhrnachrichten.de/storag...ion=1411381845

Assimilated romas in Dortmund.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-01-08 at 02:19 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I know. That somehow negates what I said... how? Economic migrants shouldn't be allowed to stay in the first place.

Sadly, the government of my country shoe exceptional ineptitude in this department... as with most other things. It harms those truly seeking refuge.
    Never said it "negates" your statement, just seemed like you were implying that the masses were just poor innocents fleeing war, when in fact the majority are looking for handouts.