Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Since I'm too lazy to check and am on mobile, has SimC been updated further for the patch?
    well it looks like they are working on it every day and did a new round of tests earlier today, but I am not really familiar with how far they are into actually completing their adjustments for 7.1.5.

I am mainly waiting for them to release tier set bonus sims ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    well it looks like they are working on it every day and did a new round of tests earlier today, but I am not really familiar with how far they are into actually completing their adjustments for 7.1.5.

I am mainly waiting for them to release tier set bonus sims ^^
    Ah k I'll check it out in a bit then. Edited it into this post since it's more relevant here. Was interested in the change to ELT build with the helmet getting nerfed. The helmet with ELT and Effigy was actually appearing to be really good which made me want to puke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    One thing I haven't thought about quite as much. With 7.1.5 and T19 and playing Roaring Blaze, the immolate relics, especially the 8% crit one, should be way more important than they currently are, shouldn't they?
    They do gain value, yes. But since you cast more Chaos bolts as well the CB relics also gain some (albeit not as much). So yes, they become more important. I personally wouldn't describe it as way more important but that's a bit subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think Roaring Blaze is seriously overestimated, a fuckup here and there and it can erase any advantage it holds.
    I never seem to get it to do more than backdraft on the PTR, and early sims suggest its still only 3%~ish ahead of BD which is what its been this whole time.

The more I played around with it the more I think BD will probably end up dominant still. There's just too much shit to try to fit into our kit that conflicts with each other to the point where you have to pick which one you're going to use improperly.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Oh does anyone know if there are relic sims for Backdraft instead of Roaring Blaze? Maybe they would shift things around a bit

Damnit I really love Demonology but I barely see any demolock out there... are they bad ?

I want to love Destro but I loathe Havoc.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Damnit I really love Demonology but I barely see any demolock out there... are they bad ?

I want to love Destro but I loathe Havoc.
    Not (the moderator woz on here) mains demo and is in SNF (us 5th world 21). If you really enjoy demo, play demo. Specs good its just got different strengths / weaknesses vs the other specs and its not necessarily a spec for everyone. All 3 specs are looking good for NH, so play what you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Not (the moderator woz on here) mains demo and is in SNF (us 5th world 21). If you really enjoy demo, play demo. Specs good its just got different strengths / weaknesses vs the other specs and its not necessarily a spec for everyone. All 3 specs are looking good for NH, so play what you enjoy.
    Yeah you're right... I'll only play it casually anyway.

thanks !

Cheers

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I also feel like Demo's weaknesses in Nighthold are being pretty over exaggerated, just like Affliction's buffs. All 3 specs feel great in testing, and Demonology's nerf to Demonbolt was offset by a buff to pets (which keep their damage while you're moving.)

All 3 specs felt great in testing and appear to be much closer to each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I also feel like Demo's weaknesses in Nighthold are being pretty over exaggerated, just like Affliction's buffs. All 3 specs feel great in testing, and Demonology's nerf to Demonbolt was offset by a buff to pets (which keep their damage while you're moving.)

All 3 specs felt great in testing and appear to be much closer to each other.
    that is probably true. All 3 speccs are going to have viable dps when it comes to damage meters/logs.

I think that most people have a problem with how demo plays. Well atleast for me personally that is the problem. Shadowbolt/Demonbolt for soulshards, Summon some pets, Empower them, repeat. Basically.
    And for those people to really love demo, demo would need to do insane dps. Like if they are all on par I would never ever even think about playing demo. It feels so sluggish and restricted. Especially on high priority adds I simply hate demo. I feel like a turrent tunneling the boss and while it is fun doing that for the duration fo heroism it starts to get really annoying after you have depleted your initial mana pool and find yourself life tapping every 10 seconds or so.

(That is just my opinion though. ^^)

Assuming you even have the luxury of playing 2 specs, you'll play demo on any fight where you can get a lot of value out of implosion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Assuming you even have the luxury of playing 2 specs, you'll play demo on any fight where you can get a lot of value out of implosion
    I am sorry I don't quite understand where you are going with this.

Destro and Affli do have AoE too. And affliction aoe is pretty good

Yeah my biggest complaint about locks is life tap.

It just feels wrong compared to all the other casters.

Homophobia is so gay.

Even if true, that's one fight that won't matter (skorpyron) and maybe tichondrius.

- - - Updated - - -

For affliction it makes sense thematically at least

Uhm, I think the only fight where you would want to play Demo, if you had the choice, would be on ST fights, like Guarm, Nythendra.

Deleted

I like it. Makes me think a bit about mana management, trying to make forced movement and forced Life Taps overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    I like it. Makes me think a bit about mana management, trying to make forced movement and forced Life Taps overlap.
    I don't mind it so much either. My only real complaint as of now is the nerf to sacrifice. Lame.

I don't think Legion Warlock is asking too much of you to just write a couple of pet command macros into your spells, so I don't get what the issue is with nerfed sacrifice.

You can barely fill 2 action bars worth with often used spells as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I don't think Legion Warlock is asking too much of you to just write a couple of pet command macros into your spells, so I don't get what the issue is with nerfed sacrifice.

You can barely fill 2 action bars worth with often used spells as is.
    People don't like pets, it was one of the biggest draws of destruction for the last 2 xpacs since it used sac for 90% of it.

I was actually hoping destruction was going to get the marks treatment and be petless back before they announced it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Uhm, I think the only fight where you would want to play Demo, if you had the choice, would be on ST fights, like Guarm, Nythendra.
    actually that is not entirely true, what ppl tend to forget is that afflic aoe got a slight nerf and overall tend to be backloaded, meaning you do little to actually kill them while destro aoe is sustained aoe for the most part if you dont count cata as you prolly want FnB instead, the only reliable option for burst aoe is demo and on some fights in nighthold implosion will give you great value, dont think any other button will give you the potential to deal 2+ mill dmg to everything within 8ish yards at the touch of a button and if you then have the doom belt then your sustained aoe will hit the roof, being able to hit for just as much implosion on each add and then add the darkglare to that, demo's ability to aoe has been greatly underrated, i will say tho that afflic is prolly in the best overall spot of the 3 specs imo, but if you think demo is mainly for ST fights then you're mistaken.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2017-01-08 at 04:49 AM.