Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Really hard to take the doom and gloom a lot of people are spreading seriously..

I've been considering coming back to legion to play (very) casually. A few times a week I will go onto here or the official forums and see at least 2-3 posts per page about how awful the game is, how blizzard messed up, how everyone is quitting, how everyone is burned out, etc... And yet... I've learned something.

Checking the official forums by clicking character names is hilarious. It seems like AT LEAST 75% of the players that SWEAR up and down they're quitting, they're lapsing sub, they're done, etc are getting achievements / loot / doing runs (going off of the armory 'recent activity' feed).. And it isn't days ago, the majority of the time it is mere HOURS.

There are countless posts going all the way back to Legion's release where I can click through the negative replies and see that the toxic players are still playing. It can't be THAT bad..

People having fun rarely post... And when they do, the conversation doesn't last very long. Legion seems fine. They kinda screwed up with legendaries--the system has succeeded in making everyone unhappy and their proposed solution (only utility legendaries) would make no one excited. A lot of the bitterness you're reading is down to this problem. They probably also needed a cap on Mythic+ but it's not really my place to say since I don't run a lot of them.

I think it's in a pretty decent place for casual folk. I think you'd have fun, particularly if you get Legion on a deal. Quite a bit to do and see.

15+ Year Old Account
    After 10 years, I quit for the first time voluntarily. Went 7/7m and there was just nothing to do. Same WQs everyday despite them saying that wouldn't happen, fine dungeons that got amazingly old thanks to the one reason why diablo 3 is boring, irrelevant professions again, terrible ap grind that got compoundedly worse thanks to the same WQs everyday, everything is rng. It's just souless right now.

"B-b-b-but if you quit why are you still here!!!?" That isn't an argument.

Honestly, if you go in with a good attitude and intend on having fun yourself you'll generally be ok. When you get in bad runs it can suck yeah and some people are brutal but there is always ignore for that. A big way to influence your group is if someone screws up or does something stupid, passive-aggressive is 100% the thing you don't want to do. Before jumping to conclusions about people being bad or whatever you have to also realize people have bad days or something IRL takes their attention and they get distracted and mess up. I've seen so many groups boil over into a ragefest just because someone screws up costing a M+ group a whole 10 or 15 seconds and someone get snarky about it and sends the entire group into a downward spiral of arguing crappy gameplay.

All in all just go into stuff ready to enjoy it and give others the benefit of the doubt before getting frustrated, or help diffuse situations. Positivity really goes a long way in pugs and a lot of people don't realize that.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you haven't played Legion yet, then I do recommend grabbing it for the leveling experience. I'm one of the players who quit during this expansion, but that was more due to a disinterest in the end game content. I think they did a fantastic job with the artifact quests and leveling experience though and I'm actually considering coming back to do Brawler's guild when that releases. One fair warning though. If you like more serious raiding, this expansion is probably the worst for grinding in a long time. By now, people have reached artifact knowledge level 25 and even with the catch up mechanic, getting there is going to take a while (I believe 50 days with the catch up compared to 100 days normally). I could be wrong on the exact number of days, but I believe it was around there.

Deleted
    Well if the game is good or bad is really a subjective preference. I don't particularly like the game but that doesn't mean it's bad, just like it doesn't mean it's good if you happen to like it. Personal preference, and that's why I don't sub even though I follow what happens in the patches.
    People have been whining on forums since launch even though they continue to play the game. Maybe they just want something changed or something bad happened to them in game.

I would say that if you really wanted to get a feel for how the game is doing, just look at the sub numbers, but unfortunately they don't report them anymore. However even those are not so accurate because MMO's in general are losing popularity.

Just play the game man, if you enjoy it then that's good for you and why would you let random whiners on the forums bother you?

People whining on forums are such a tiny minority. Most people are busy playing, or NOT playing if they don't enjoy the game as is. Out of all the people playing the game on and off, a tiny TINY fraction feel that their decisions and feelings about the game are important enough to share at every turn...

10+ Year Old Account
    Come to forums of literally every somewhat fresh product, any product, video game or not, and you will see people complaining about everything. Complainers tend to be much more vocal and attention-wanting, but they hardly represent a very significant portion of the community. Ignore them and just enjoy games you play.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    After 10 years, I quit for the first time voluntarily. Went 7/7m and there was just nothing to do. Same WQs everyday despite them saying that wouldn't happen, fine dungeons that got amazingly old thanks to the one reason why diablo 3 is boring, irrelevant professions again, terrible ap grind that got compoundedly worse thanks to the same WQs everyday, everything is rng. It's just souless right now.

It's not an argument, it's a question. If you no longer enjoy the game and no longer wish to play it, why do you feel the need to contribute to the discussion? Unless you're advocating for certain changes and not just pointing out problems, it sounds like you're a little salty about your time spent playing and want to complain about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    It's not an argument, it's a question. If you no longer enjoy the game and no longer wish to play it, why do you feel the need to contribute to the discussion? Unless you're advocating for certain changes and not just pointing out problems, it sounds like you're a little salty about your time spent playing and want to complain about it.
    Lol, salty. Just buzzwords. Nobody on this forum can express a negative opinion about this game. You ever think doing something for 10 years makes you a little attached to it even if you don't like it anymore?

Deleted
    The same people were whining in Vanilla...BC...Wrath...Cata...Mists...WoD...and look, here they still are. Just use your own judgement, only you know what you enjoy.

This expansion really killed hardcore players tbh. I find it mind numbing at times so I just said fuck it. I have 35 points in both my dps specs weapons and a useful legendary for both specs (I was a dk so I went from unholy to frost midway through EN) 7/7m 1/3m. Just kinda... stopped caring about the rest of AP or WQs or even BiS lists... sadly. I used to love BiS lists but if you stress about it and run like m+ Maw of souls 20 times a day every day for a titanforged trinket then you'll want to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People whining on forums are such a tiny minority. Most people are busy playing, or NOT playing if they don't enjoy the game as is. Out of all the people playing the game on and off, a tiny TINY fraction feel that their decisions and feelings about the game are important enough to share at every turn...
    Yes, those enjoying the game don't need to convince anyone of that.
    They just do it.
    Those upset seem to need their arguments validated, through supporting voices yelling "me too !".

If a player who has whined about every expansion is still playing despite that, then it is them at fault rather than anybody else.
    Put your money where your mouth is, or shut up.

If the game is as bad as the doomsayers like to make out, then they should leave it, and let those remaining be those willing to talk constructively.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Lol, salty. Just buzzwords. Nobody on this forum can express a negative opinion about this game. You ever think doing something for 10 years makes you a little attached to it even if you don't like it anymore?
    There's no value in negativity. And if you're attached to something, I'd think that'd make you less inclined to attack it. Constructive criticism is different than negativity. So is telling someone they may not enjoy a game that's not executed (in their opinion) well. Very few people are doing those last two. Way too damn many spew the negativity and attack the game and its developers, as well as people who do enjoy the game. Often on a personal level. That's toxicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    i got all my vaccines because not being dead is pretty cool

10+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty of things to do to enjoy the game but unfortunantly all the people I played with have already quit again and I've achieved most if not all I wanted to achieve(past and present exp) so there isn't that much to do for me anymore.

PvP is pretty much ruined for me which is what I'd usually fill my time with, but that comes down to personal preference. It's still nice to whine about it from time to time though, it's a hard game to just let go okay!

Plus I'm too old and bitter to make new friends so I just decided to call it quits and move on :P

Deleted
    The AP Grind kills more than it helps. Grinding ONE Char to 54 Points is absolutely fine but doing more than that ? No thanks. They realy need to up the Artifact Knowledge for People who have maxed out one Character or for everyone i dont care but imo something needs to be done. Not even bothering writing anything about the Mess the legendary Items are or the Titanforged Bullshit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    There's no value in negativity. And if you're attached to something, I'd think that'd make you less inclined to attack it. Constructive criticism is different than negativity. So is telling someone they may not enjoy a game that's not executed (in their opinion) well. Very few people are doing those last two. Way too damn many spew the negativity and attack the game and its developers, as well as people who do enjoy the game. Often on a personal level. That's toxicity.
    Constructive criticism is negativity. If there was no value in negativity then nothing would ever improve. You understand we would have gotten another wod if people didn't tell blizzard how bad it was, right? I loved legion when it came out, but there is nothing to do in it and blind fanboyism isn't going to help anybody. It's boring and repetitive more so than any other expansion and blizzard needs to know this so they don't do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Constructive criticism is negativity. If there was no value in negativity then nothing would ever improve. You understand we would have gotten another wod if people didn't tell blizzard how bad it was, right? I loved legion when it came out, but there is nothing to do in it and blind fanboyism isn't going to help anybody. It's boring and repetitive more so than any other expansion and blizzard needs to know this so they don't do it again.
    There is a difference between "I dislike X, Y and Z aspect of the game. Here is how I think the developers could improve it..." and "The game is a boooooring repeeeeetitive grind, and there is nothing to do any more, I'm unsubbing!!!".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The problem with the mythic plus dungeon system is unlike Diablo 3 where everything is randomized, they decided to keep the same affixes for an entire week and have them on a set rotation with no variance. Instead of having the mobs spawn in random places, different variations of mobs, random affixes when they key is upgraded everything predetermined and boring.

I expected more from the D3 team and it's the main reason why I resubbed, I've promptly unsubbed and won't be coming back unless major changes are made. I won't even preorder next expansion or buy it until I've actually seen the first few months play out, if it's the same old thing I won't play this game again.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    The problem with the mythic plus dungeon system is unlike Diablo 3 where everything is randomized, they decided to keep the same affixes for an entire week and have them on a set rotation with no variance. Instead of having the mobs spawn in random places, different variations of mobs, random affixes when they key is upgraded everything predetermined and boring.

I expected more from the D3 team and it's the main reason why I resubbed, I've promptly unsubbed and won't be coming back unless major changes are made. I won't even preorder next expansion or buy it until I've actually seen the first few months play out, if it's the same old thing I won't play this game again.
    Well sounds to me you set yourself up for disappointment.