Thread: flying in argus

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    And this is the most logical guess at this point.

Everything else is meh.
    There is an alternate explanation for why Flying via Pathfinder is being delayed so long. Granted, it's a bit of a long shot, but within the realm of possibility:

Blizzard is delaying the release of flying in Legion so long because they new areas becoming available in 7.2 and onward are being built from the ground up(if you'll forgive the pun) to include flying instead of treating it like it doesn't exist. This would, of course, make development of the areas in 7.2 and later take longer, but would also mean that flying would not be the content-trivializing phantom menace that everyone seems to think it is.

Anyway, when you look at all the tools Blizzard gives us right now to skip content, it's not like flying is actually going to hurt anything. Just make quests "Kill 11 boars" instead of "Kill 10" and you get the same result as restricting flying creates.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-01-07 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Any zone you want to play in, will not have flying going forward. They've removed flying and only enable it to appease people like me. However I am not appeased. I hate the decision they've made.
    Yeah itd be rather nice if someone got a flyhack working again... I'd like to leave the toothpaste out of the tube instead of trying to mash it back in...

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    will flying be active on argus when we get there ?
    will we have to unlock it ?
    will it be active at all ?

what do you think ?
    If everything will be implemented right - flying should be active immediately. Blizzard cater to players, who ask them to develop game without flying in mind at the beginning of xpack, but they should develop it with flying in mind at the end. And Argus, being shattered (floating terrain is possible) - is best place to develop content with flying in mind.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Argus will most likely not have flying, just like isle of thunder and timeless isle.
    I am hoping this is the case. Seems fitting when there are one or two places that will be flight free. If you can fly everywhere else, a single zone without flight is hardly an inconvenience.

I figure most likely situation is Argus not having flying (like IoQ, Molten Front, Isle of Thunder/Timeless Isle.)
    Or it will start with no flying and have its own achievement to unlock.
    Or it will have flying from the start and content that takes it into account (best case scenario we get an Ulduar experience where flight gives a great sense of exploration, worst case we get an Icecrown experience where flight makes the baddies seem non-threatening and a bit of a joke.)
    Or it will have flying unlocked by the Broken Isles pathfinder achievement, I find this the least likely possibility as Blizz won't want to give players such a big advantage in Argus for completing that achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they'll go all Molten Front on us and make it a no-fly zone
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Using simple logic, it should be flyable, because it's part of legion and legion flying is coming in 7.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really the type of question that nobody honestly knows the answer to. In all of the "smaller" new zones that Blizzard added in patches throughout the span of this game (Isle of Quel'Danas, Molten Front, Isle of Thunder, etc), flying has been disabled. Depending on how big the zone is or how it will even be designed, it's possible that flying will be enabled. It sounds like there's a chance that it will be big enough for flying due to the fact that they'll probably release it in a patch and then add on to the zone once the raid launches in a later patch, but again, it's pure speculation at this point.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-01-08 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying probably not available at the start. It's been YEARS since that's happened. I have no idea why anyone would expect that to change now.

Maybe available later but would have to see what Argus consists of to even guess.

They haven't said and no one knows until they do.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Pathfinder part 3: unlocks flying for the argus zone.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Things probably wont go so well to enable flight near the end of the expansion, only to disable it again in Argus. However I can imagine Blizzard doing that because they have no foresight in the consequences of bad decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Things probably wont go so well to enable flight near the end of the expansion, only to disable it again in Argus. However I can imagine Blizzard doing that because they have no foresight in the consequences of bad decisions.
    Do you even know how this game works and are trolling or are you spewing shit from your ass? Blizzard has introduced no-fly zones in the game with it being enabled in other parts of the world before and it has worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

i want it to not have flying, so i can put on overalls and bask in the glorious 100k+ post no flying ultra mega super SHITSTORM, if it was on twitter it would be the top trending thing around the world.

when people wonder hmmm what does the world care about most atm? it'll be NO FLYING IN ARGUS ZOMGWTFBBQ.

As long as my whistle works I don't really care all that much.

I think 7.3 will be going to argus in preperation for the next expansion so we spend 8.0 on argus It'd be nice rather than trying to cram it into one expansion.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how blizz likes to portrait other legion "planets" in legion, it's so far been black scattered rocks in space : Mardum, Niskara, Dreadscar Rift.

I'm sure that's the easiest way to design a boundary for continent not bound by oceans, it's how they did it in outland as well (compared to ocean draenor).

As for flying, I think it will be disabled, but it all depends on the scale of the place, and if it will serve as a replacement for broken isles or just a small quest hub, doesn't seem logical to easily travel back and forth unless it's a boring portal we are trying to close, yet abuse ourselves without risk somehow.

If there will be flying, to put the class flying mounts to use, I'm sure it's just spread out hubs of content, scattered floating or surrounded by lava islands or something.

As we are basicly "invading" / reinforcing the army of light, I doubt a full fledged flight master system makes sense unless it's progressively unlocked.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-01-08 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Do you even know how this game works and are trolling or are you spewing shit from your ass? Blizzard has introduced no-fly zones in the game with it being enabled in other parts of the world before and it has worked fine.
    You've completely misunderstood the situation and the context.

No-fly islands "worked fine" because the rest of the open world had flying available from the moment you hit level cap. There was content to appease both types of players: Those who like flying and those who don't. But with WoD, and now Legion, Flying is being made irrelevant. You never get it until it's virtually useless. And what's worse is that you have to sink a bunch of time in order to get it in the first place, then sit around around and wait until Blizz gives the green light despite all the work you've done to unlock it.

Then come along with new content and be like: "Trolololol! Here's more no flying so you can't use the flying mount you spent all that time and effort getting." Yeah...that'll go over REAL well.

Argus flight master license. Available day one. 1,000,000 gold.

That's like asking if you would be able to fly on Isle of Quel'Danas, Molten Front, Isle of Thunder, Isle of Giants, Timeless Isle. The answer is, quite obviously, no ofcourse fucking not - it's an alien planet that is in a worse state than Outland and swarming with demons, they gave you the dumbest reasons they could come up with to explain the absence of flying in the places I mentioned and you think the one that actually would have a reason (you know demons all around you and disruptive fel magic everywhere) is going to be the exception? It won't.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You've completely misunderstood the situation and the context.

No-fly islands "worked fine" because the rest of the open world had flying available from the moment you hit level cap. There was content to appease both types of players: Those who like flying and those who don't. But with WoD, and now Legion, Flying is being made irrelevant. You never get it until it's virtually useless. And what's worse is that you have to sink a bunch of time in order to get it in the first place, then sit around around and wait until Blizz gives the green light despite all the work you've done to unlock it.

Then come along with new content and be like: "Trolololol! Here's more no flying so you can't use the flying mount you spent all that time and effort getting." Yeah...that'll go over REAL well.
    "spent all that time and effort getting" What time and effort? You unlock the flying achievement just by playing the game. There are no ways of not getting it unless you're lazy to the point where all you do is sit in Dalaran and AFK while waiting to get free rewards from LFR. Loremaster? Get it while leveling. Class campaign? You shouldn't even be playing the game if you aren't doing it, ilvl from third relic is too big of a gain to pass out on. Revered with all the factions? You get it while doing the World Quests for your gear(if new) and artifact power, during which you'd get your 100 WQ's completed and Broken Isles explorer unless you purposely avoided one part of the continent.

The constant crying and moaning on the forums prior to Legion's launch hasn't changed their mind about the way flying was implemented in Legion, do you honestly think they'll give in to them for patch content? They won't.