10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Only character you could reasonably argue about being a token inclusion for is Krem and that scene in the Tavern at skyhold that came across as horribly forced, but for the other gay characters them being gay isn't really the point of their characterisation.
    Guess you never talked to Dorian since that is like the point of his character. Not that I cared since Dorian was still a good character in spite of his being a token gay character with a gay story about being gay and gay being a problem for his padre and gay gay the word gay, he likes guys.

What Bioware should do in Mass Effect Andromeda is have a gay character that you can badger into going straight and then they go "dang so that's what I been missing out on!?" and watch SJWs go crazy.

Adding to the previous discussion though. When statistics say like 5% of the population or something like that is gay/bi/trans/attack helicopter, etc... Its not all that common. But then you pop in a Bioware game and 70% of the main characters fit that criteria. It definitely feels forced and unnecessary. Anyone who says otherwise is a silly willy.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    But then you pop in a Bioware game and 70% of the main characters fit that criteria. It definitely feels forced and unnecessary. Anyone who says otherwise is a silly willy.
    I never felt that it was like that. Maybe a little forced at points, I got the feeling that they were trying to normalise gay characters, and the way in which they did it, I have no issue with that. However it wasn't something that was omnipresent throughout the game, or with character interactions. That is why I say a little forced, as opposed to forced, shove it down your throat kind of forced, like certain others in this thread suggest.

Anyone who has seen my post history knows that I am not a regressive leftist by any stretch, however, I am not fundamentally opposed to game developers trying to show more of groups that you don't normally see in games, in an attempt to normalise these kinds of characters, and make it not a big deal. When they make it their defining characteristic (the gayness of Dorian, in terms of how present it is, is generally confined by your interaction choices with him, when I played it, it simply wasn't a huge part of things, due to my choices), then yea, I take issue there, I think it is insulting to the groups they are trying to represent. When it is obvious that they are trying hard for social justice brownie points, and make a huge deal out of the fact that the character is gay, or a woman etc, it doesn't look good. And I didn't get the sense that they were trying hard for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mas...source=twitter

BioWare's highly anticipated RPG Mass Effect: Andromeda will not have a Season Pass for DLC.

BioWare GM Aaryn Flynn confirmed this and more on Twitter today (via DualShockers). Asked directly if Andromeda would have a Season Pass, Flynn succinctly stated, "Nope."
    Awesome.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If I remember correctly. None of their games have had season passes. There will probably 3-4 story DLC, about 4-5 free MP DLC and a bunch of little cosmestic/weapon DLC. That is going off their past ME games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    If I remember correctly. None of their games have had season passes. There will probably 3-4 story DLC, about 4-5 free MP DLC and a bunch of little cosmestic/weapon DLC. That is going off their past ME games.
    Yup and I hope they keep this trend. The super premium pack is for booster packs for multiplayer. Sadly still no info on multiplayer at this point.

I am not sure what the gripe players have with season passes aside from when the DLC ends up being bad. Season passes are pre-ordering DLC. If the issue is DLC then point the complaints there.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-01-07 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Isn't his loyalty quest about meeting some member of his family and how they kicked him out for being gay?

And ANYONE could be aroused by EDI's voice, doesn't make her a lesbian doe. Could be bi or just into AI.
    From what I understood, his family denounced him because of his views on Tevinter Empire and his overall non-traditional behavior, and him being gay was probably just a small part of that. And even if your version is true, I don't see anything wrong with it: it happens in real world, so why wouldn't it happen in fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Guess you never talked to Dorian since that is like the point of his character. Not that I cared since Dorian was still a good character in spite of his being a token gay character with a gay story about being gay and gay being a problem for his padre and gay gay the word gay, he likes guys.

What Bioware should do in Mass Effect Andromeda is have a gay character that you can badger into going straight and then they go "dang so that's what I been missing out on!?" and watch SJWs go crazy.

Adding to the previous discussion though. When statistics say like 5% of the population or something like that is gay/bi/trans/attack helicopter, etc... Its not all that common. But then you pop in a Bioware game and 70% of the main characters fit that criteria. It definitely feels forced and unnecessary. Anyone who says otherwise is a silly willy.
    Also 0% population in the real world has pointed ears and speaks Elven. Evil devs, forcing me to accept such a negligible racial minority in their games... I'll go make a thread about it in General Off-Topic, seems like a legitimate complaint!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I wouldn't call it a "small part" of it, in Tavinter it’s common pair up couples from strong blood lines in order to achieve a strong descendance, his parents were trying to force him to marry a chick that he didn’t want to, mostly due his own sexuality I guess…
    He often said that he disliked the way Tevinter society imposed its values on individuals, hence ultimately he left the empire - so, I think, he didn't want to marry her not just because of his sexuality, but because he didn't want to live life his parents planned for him and he didn't.

Much like the love story in Titanic, really. Marrying someone you don't love, regardless of your sexuality, isn't something you want to do, when there are more attractive options out there.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thus why I wrote "mostly due", I don't think his sexuality was the only reason, as you just mentioned.
    I don't think it was even a relevant reason, to be honest. He just didn't want to marry some random person his parents chose for him, regardless of that person's gender. I wouldn't either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don’t you think that might be a little naïve? I don’t know, but as a straight guy myself, I would be highly upset being married to someone I don’t love, but being married to another guy that I don’t love would be even worse… ._.
    I don't know, to me, both options are bad enough to choose which one is worse. Either way it seems more like a royal marriage than anything, so I don't think attraction is that important here.

@Myobi and @May90, what really drove Dorian away from his family in Tevinter was that his father used blood magic in an attempt to change Dorian's sexuality and force him to marry the person he was arranged to marry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vogyn View Post
    I disagree with mostly everything everyone has said about ME2 > ME3. That isn't true. ME3 is everything ME2 is but better. The ending choices was the best part. I feel like the bandwagon started with a couple of articles posted and people just stopped remembering everything else about ME3 but the ending. Exploring planets was better, dialogue and story had more immersion, the cast and relationships was beautiful, DLC in this is the best DLC ever.

Now Bioware, GD it, give me a proper CE please.
    uh. UH. no.

autodialogue in ME3 was taken up to 11, any pretence of neutrality was done away with - in ME2 here and there, you got interesting neither paragon nor renegade choices (not as many as in ME1, but they were still there), while in ME3 - there were NONE, forced deaths, force ridiculousness of certain storylines at the cost of destroying characters sometimes both literally AND figuratively, I didn't need to read any articles to be gut punched by the ending - in a BAD way, all they did as well as going to forums is show me that I was far from the only one, on the contrary. the boring mechanic of scanning planet got even MORE boring side quests were taken from one of the worse parts of DA2 - you know the whole overhearing conversations on a citadel thing. and speaking of overhearing conversations. majority of companion conversations were turn from actual conversations? into.. this. so much of the story was forced and awkward. the ONLY thing that ME3 genuinely improved upon was gameplay, mechanically speaking.

as for DAI. personaly I enjoyed it. at least they went back to more interactive conversations rather then just overhearing stuff and I did like it that companion relationships with the player changed drastically depending on whether they liked you or not. it DID drag on in quite a few places and I can't say I'm a fan of main story and companion stories being locked away behind side quests with no way to tell which ones you MUST do and which ones you can skip without a detailed guide.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-01-08 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    @Myobi and @May90, what really drove Dorian away from his family in Tevinter was that his father used blood magic in an attempt to change Dorian's sexuality and force him to marry the person he was arranged to marry.
    Ah, I remember it now. Didn't pay much attention to it at the time, it just registered in my mind as "He was different and had to leave".

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Yeah I did recall there was blood magic involved.

So... yeah, there you go.

He's like the token gay character the player's meant to resonate with.

Which I dislike vehemently.

Leliana and Zevran could be romanced by gay characters and I found their characters believable and well done.

C'mon. He says '' my blushing butt cheeks ''.

Dorian was my favorite new character in Inquisition.

OT: Weren't we supposed to stop talking about Inquisition a while ago?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I did recall there was blood magic involved.

So... yeah, there you go.

He's like the token gay character the player's meant to resonate with.

Which I dislike vehemently.

Leliana and Zevran could be romanced by gay characters and I found their characters believable and well done.
    What in the world does "token gay character" even mean? Are there "token straight characters", "token robot characters" or whatnot? I get it that you don't like this character's development. I liked it, you didn't, it happens. Why are you bringing up the sexuality card? Seems like the problem with "token characters" here is on your part, not on the game's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    OT: Weren't we supposed to stop talking about Inquisition a while ago?
    Yes, and this is the final warning now. If ya'll want to continue that discussion take it to tells or the DA:I thread. So get discussion back on ME:A.

10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon. He says '' my blushing butt cheeks ''.
    I have two feminate gay friends who say a lot worse than that. Along with his demeanor, it perfectly aligned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, and this is the final warning now. If ya'll want to continue that discussion take it to tells or the DA:I thread. So get discussion back on ME:A.
    I didn't see this part.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I'd say them making Kaidan Bi after two games of being straight is a token inclusion/modification. But i guess that could have also just be more evidence of them not giving any fucks about the story anymore like the star child and the whole quick shit ending because they supposedly didn't realize in a game series where choices matter that people would expect the ending to have your choices matter.
    it pretty much was. he was added pretty close to release of the game (certainly after official guides went to printing presses as there is no mention of it there, nor did early datamining reveal anything). and the sad reason is... they suddenly realized that they had one gay male romance in a game, and it was with a non squadmate. fans would riot and when I say riot, judging by the forums, it would eclipse any and all discourse over ending. not to mention all the negative publicity they would get after promising for months that there will be more than one gay romance. so they grabbed Mark Meer, had him record femshep's lines, made minor modifications to the before the battle romance scene and called it done. not counting voice recording, it took about as much effort as Tali's portrait.

but... there was fan demand, fans were happy and bioware got away with their "oh shit, we forgot" with not even a scratch. but honestly? that was minor compared to all the other ways they fucked up his character that had nothing to do with sexuality. not as much as they fucked up Jacob and Thane, but... it's up there.

Only character I felt had a forced sexual orientation in ME was Kaiden in ME3. I think it is good that there are characters will no up front stereotypes while at the same time getting a character to up front go oh hey with the world ending I decided to like both sexes now with no build up screams forced.