Poll: What is your relationship to M+?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Describe your relationship with M+

I love M+. It's challenging, fast-paced, and easier to coordinate since it only takes five. Any time of the day or night, I can log in and find five friends/guild mates to run some M+. The rotating affixes keep things fresh; tyrannical dungeon bosses can be as challenging as raid bosses, and fortified-necrotic-raging-bolstered trash allows the tank in me to truly shine. I can honestly say that M+ has done more to hone my tanking skills than raiding ever has.

I still enjoy raiding. I am in a competent-but-not-elite raiding guild, 3/3H & 2/7M, and I main tank for one of the two raid teams. But raiding is two nights a week while M+ is every day. Most of my equipped gear comes from M+, but even if it didn't, most of my fun memories from Legion have happened in M+. Learning how to kite and shed stacks of necrotic, which mobs can be skipped and which need to be LOS, when to be careful and when to pull everything in sight... And the laughs. "It's all fun and games until someone sees us on youtube wiping to the snail boss." (Bolstered to 100 million health ).

I know some of you feel like M+ has complicated your raid-only playstyle, while others hate the timer and still others feel left out altogether.

What is your relationship to M+?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I like it a lot, but as I'm not a healer I can't run it very often. Spend around 20-30 hours a week getting 2 or 3 runs a week. Mostly waiting around.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    itz like dating Britney be4 she grew dark

None of the above. I like it, but its definitely not my favourite part of the game (raids are).

I would also prefer if Blizzard create small group content which allows people to play without having to rely on support roles (tanks/healers). Scenarios were a move in a right direction, shame blizz didn't develop that into something great.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    None of the above. I like it, but its definitely not my favourite part of the game (raids are).

I would also prefer if Blizzard create small group content which allows people to play without having to rely on support roles (tanks/healers). Scenarios were a move in a right direction, shame blizz didn't develop that into something great.
    I thought DPS were the support roles for tanks & healers.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Not bad, but HAS to be balanced.
    So - without putting caps on the number of runs each week, which would stop access for me altogether - how would you suggest they are balanced ?

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    We broke up a while ago....It just...It just wasn't exciting anymore...
    u sure u dont want to 1-hit her 1-more-time?

i wasnt, until madonna called

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Tanks and healers are the rarity, DPS are a dime a dozen ....

plz daddy no plz stop
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Tanks and healers are the rarity, DPS are a dime a dozen ....
    I'm a pally covered in gems wearing the epic purple shirt; I'm fabulous and expect to be the center of attention.

Well, try to get timed high mythic+ runs with only tanks and healers, and you'll quickly realise who supports who.

Where is the option:

"Its part of the game content so I run it"

I am not liking I have to vote "I love it", but I find it as enjoyable as other aspects of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friends with benefits. Multiple booty calls every week. Some nights are better than others, really depends on when and where we do it.

Well, try to get timed high mythic+ runs with only tanks and healers, and you'll quickly realise who supports who.
    I'd never try to high M+ without my favorite DPS; I keep the best ones on speed dial.
    Even if (as prot pally) I do enjoy topping the meters on big pulls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Where is the option:

"Its part of the game content so I run it"

I am not liking I have to vote "I love it", but I find it as enjoyable as other aspects of the game.
    Ok. I thought I had the main options covered, but guess I should have fit another one in there. Unfortunately no way to add it now.

Need weekly caps, at least on the AP.
    Mage in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> on Area 52

Even if (as prot pally) I do enjoy topping the meters on big pulls.
    That just means that you have to find better damage dealers. Our tank (prot pally as well) never tops meters anywhere (and never should), because we know how to do our job right :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ataxus View Post
    Need weekly caps, at least on the AP.
    If they set weekly caps, wouldn't players then feel obligated to hit those caps?
    Would this make things better or worse?
    Where could they cap it that someone wouldn't complain about?

If they set weekly caps, wouldn't players then feel obligated to hit those caps?
    Would this make things better or worse?
    Where could they cap it that someone wouldn't complain about?
    7/week (AP/loot) would be more than enough. It would destroy the boosting idiocy as well, rejuvenate pugging scene and stop mythic raiders from leaving game in droves because they have to grind enormous amounts of m+ to stay relevant.

They can't do anything about complaining though, but they shouldn't do anything about that. They should do good for the game in a long run.

That just means that you have to find better damage dealers. Our tank (prot pally as well) never tops meters anywhere (and never should), because we know how to do our job right :P
    What spec is your tank? Each spec has its strengths and weaknesses. One pally strength is competitive DPS, at least on big pulls. I can't touch my guys on 5 mobs, but let me get 15 bunched up and I'll make them work for it.

- - - Updated - - -

7/week (AP/loot) would be more than enough. It would destroy the boosting idiocy as well, rejuvenate pugging scene and stop mythic raiders from leaving game in droves because they have to grind enormous amounts of m+ to stay relevant.

They can't do anything about complaining though, but they shouldn't do anything about that. They should do good for the game in a long run.
    7/week would frustrate my guild to no end. I log on to guild mates linking their M+ keystones. I line them up and get to as many as possible, typically 3-4 a day. Anything less than 20/week would seriously cramp our style.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-01-08 at 06:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I'm an 880 tank who is willing to pug, so I'd describe my relationship with M+ as follows:

It's like being a pretty hot girl going out to a bar looking for men. I show up and within minutes I have a list of people who I'm pretty are interested in me. I only show interest in the one that seems most promising to me at the time and I'm surprised if I get turned down, unless it's someone who's clearly way out of my league. Sometimes it's really sexy (I like Eye of Azshara high level runs) and sometimes it's bleh (Arcway). Sometimes the people turn out to be assholes. And sometimes the dps don't have big enough dicks.

But all in all I tend to have a good time.
    lol ~ You took that and ran with it.