Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey2211 View Post
    Which trinkets were used for these sims?
    BTI and Ethereal Urn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makro View Post
    No tier included.
    Reading the explanation, this would make sense that the increased focus cap gives more resource for resource starved combinations to use. I think there should probably be a separate breakdown that goes over what that kind of item does and does not affect positively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BendakWoW View Post
    Most of the BM issues I brought up earlier seem to be fixed now (thanks Jayeazy!) with two exceptions:

1. The new Dire Beast 2-piece bonus is not affecting Stomp damage
    2. Titanstrike's crit and mastery is still wrong
    Yeah, serious thanks to Jayeazy and gixxpunk for committing the changes. I'll update first post with what is fixed.

So is chimera shot viable now? looking at the sims it seems so, but i just wanted to be sure, it's hard to tell

Quote Originally Posted by reimmi2016 View Post
    So is chimera shot viable now? looking at the sims it seems so, but i just wanted to be sure, it's hard to tell
    The first post should now be updated with latest tier fixes for BM, MM and SV. CS appears to be a good talent with tier equipped in the current module. Not sure how it will work out by the time the patch and first raids come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    The first post should now be updated with latest tier fixes for BM, MM and SV. CS appears to be a good talent with tier equipped in the current module. Not sure how it will work out by the time the patch and first raids come out.
    Stomp should gain some ground on Chim Shot once this change is in a build (probably tomorrow).

edit: I grabbed the latest build and the Stomp damage buff still doesn't seem to be working (will try again tomorrow)
    Last edited by BendakWoW; 2017-01-08 at 07:00 AM.

Stomp should gain some ground on Chim Shot once this change is in a build (probably tomorrow).
    I'll be sure to rerun talents tomorrow

@Effinhunter

Can you also add Tier + No legendaries to the BM list ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    @Effinhunter

Can you also add Tier + No legendaries to the BM list ?

BM, even after nerfs, is largely driven by legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Did the same thing for the SV breakdown.

Tier will mean a lot more for SV than BM.

Deleted
    does someone has a link to the newest simcraft 7.1.5 build with the bm fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by monkey2211 View Post
    does someone has a link to the newest simcraft 7.1.5 build with the bm fixes?
    You can find these in the downloads.simulationcraft.org section of their site. Sort by recent date, and you'll find latest one.

So, I've rerun the trinkets for MM at 10k iterations and I've spent the day coding a new color-coding feature to the Simcraft Explorer Reporter tool. You can find the results here:

http://effin.highfiveguild.com/sims/..._trinkets.html

I've equipped tier and also the Karazhan Nightbane chest so Aran is shown at its max power for each item level.

As I stated earlier, this is not my intended final form for trinket comparisons. What I hope to do, if I get time tomorrow or over the next week, is generate webpages for each trinket ilvl that creates a sort of approximation tree for similar dps gains in other trinkets. From the master list, you would be able to click a trinket in the list and go to a new page that shows you how the trinket compares to other trinkets. What I plan to do here is create a data structure in the SER reporting tool that forms a hash map of the trinket in relation to all other trinkets according to ilvl, based on the absolute value of the difference between the dps of the selected trinket and all other forms of other trinkets. This would tell you what item level another trinket would need to be to have similar dps power as the selected trinket.

For those who mentioned the spreadsheet approach, understand that spreadsheets are typically very labor intensive and require copying values by hand, one-at-a-time, into the worksheets of the spreadsheet. Human error can occur here very easily unless you automate the approach, and the spreadsheets often get out of date really quickly because of the work required in maintaining them. What I hope to do is automate the approach, as in the past, generate useful comparisons, and allow me to quickly create new comparisons when Simcraft updates and do so within hours of the changes--not days or weeks. I have a busy professional life, and automating this process not only helps reduce human error but helps me juggle my professional life, my other hobbies, and my simming.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Looking over the sims, I accidentally removed the mastery component of the threetoed_rabbit_foot. I'll add that back in when I resim all of these soon. For now, know that stat sticks, especially with mastery, are still really, really powerful. The list is really meant to show the direction I'm going--not to show a finished list.
    P.S. SV and BM trinket sims are running overnight. It's 6 a.m. and I need to sleep a bit.
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2017-01-08 at 10:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

BM, even after nerfs, is largely driven by legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Tier will mean a lot more for SV than BM.
    Is this saying belt/ring are better legendaries than the new shoulders (BM)? I dont see a test for 910 tier with mantle......am I missing something?
    Last edited by Ehrees; 2017-01-08 at 11:01 AM.

You can find these in the downloads.simulationcraft.org section of their site. Sort by recent date, and you'll find latest one.

So, I've rerun the trinkets for MM at 10k iterations and I've spent the day coding a new color-coding feature to the Simcraft Explorer Reporter tool. You can find the results here:

http://effin.highfiveguild.com/sims/..._trinkets.html

I've equipped tier and also the Karazhan Nightbane chest so Aran is shown at its max power for each item level.

As I stated earlier, this is not my intended final form for trinket comparisons. What I hope to do, if I get time tomorrow or over the next week, is generate webpages for each trinket ilvl that creates a sort of approximation tree for similar dps gains in other trinkets. From the master list, you would be able to click a trinket in the list and go to a new page that shows you how the trinket compares to other trinkets. What I plan to do here is create a data structure in the SER reporting tool that forms a hash map of the trinket in relation to all other trinkets according to ilvl, based on the absolute value of the difference between the dps of the selected trinket and all other forms of other trinkets. This would tell you what item level another trinket would need to be to have similar dps power as the selected trinket.

For those who mentioned the spreadsheet approach, understand that spreadsheets are typically very labor intensive and require copying values by hand, one-at-a-time, into the worksheets of the spreadsheet. Human error can occur here very easily unless you automate the approach, and the spreadsheets often get out of date really quickly because of the work required in maintaining them. What I hope to do is automate the approach, as in the past, generate useful comparisons, and allow me to quickly create new comparisons when Simcraft updates and do so within hours of the changes--not days or weeks. I have a busy professional life, and automating this process not only helps reduce human error but helps me juggle my professional life, my other hobbies, and my simming.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Looking over the sims, I accidentally removed the mastery component of the threetoed_rabbit_foot. I'll add that back in when I resim all of these soon. For now, know that stat sticks, especially with mastery, are still really, really powerful. The list is really meant to show the direction I'm going--not to show a finished list.
    P.S. SV and BM trinket sims are running overnight. It's 6 a.m. and I need to sleep a bit.
    Appreciate the preliminary list!

Just a FYI the Stomp damage still isn't being increased by the 2 piece bonus (in todays build), so its still slightly undervalued with that talent. The bonus is actually pretty weak without Stomp.

Just a FYI the Stomp damage still isn't being increased by the 2 piece bonus (in todays build), so its still slightly undervalued with that talent. The bonus is actually pretty weak without Stomp.
    Is this a Simcraft thing or is this actually in the PTR?

I have uploaded latest trinket sims for all three specs here:

BM Single Target: http://effin.highfiveguild.com/sims/..._trinkets.html
    MM Single Target: http://effin.highfiveguild.com/sims/..._trinkets.html
    SV Single Target: http://effin.highfiveguild.com/sims/..._trinkets.html

I've added a rank next to the trinket so comparisons are a bit easier (e.g., you can do a Ctrl+F and find one trinket, remember the rank number, and then compare it to the rank of another). I haven't gotten to the clickable links for approximation comparisons. I might play a little bit as I'm getting a bit behind in my ap grind, but I don't see any technical reason why implementing this should be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    What were the changes to Chimera shot? Why is it better now?

Deleted

I've added a rank next to the trinket so comparisons are a bit easier (e.g., you can do a Ctrl+F and find one trinket, remember the rank number, and then compare it to the rank of another). I haven't gotten to the clickable links for approximation comparisons. I might play a little bit as I'm getting a bit behind in my ap grind, but I don't see any technical reason why implementing this should be a problem.

the bm hunter link is missing an "B" (http://effin.highfiveguild.com/sims/bm/bm_st_trinkets.html)

is threetoed_rabbit_foot representing all stat stick trinkets? because im missing eye of guarm

Are the MM sims right? Looks like its valuing haste fairly high, but thought it was the worst stat now.

You gotta set up the gear profile properly to not be fucked over when simming haste statsticks.

Deleted
    What about the new legendary trinket?

7.1.5 looking good on paper, MM only 4.8% ahead of BM and 2.8% ahead of SV if all specs have best legendary and tier. Unfortunately best legendary isn't realistic for everyone and full tier won't be happening for a while for many hunters(especially after MM set nerf).

I think I'll stick to BM for Nighthold, less cancer to play and less punishing for progress. I'd actually be excited to try Survival if this wasn't the worst expansion in the history of the game for trying new things.

You'd be extremely silly to use any of these "spec comparisons" for anything useful/tangible atm.