Thread: flying in argus

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    That's like asking if you would be able to fly on Isle of Quel'Danas, Molten Front, Isle of Thunder, Isle of Giants, Timeless Isle. The answer is, quite obviously, no ofcourse fucking not - it's an alien planet that is in a worse state than Outland and swarming with demons, they gave you the dumbest reasons they could come up with to explain the absence of flying in the places I mentioned and you think the one that actually would have a reason (you know demons all around you and disruptive fel magic everywhere) is going to be the exception? It won't.
    Legion is not IQD, Molten Front, Isle of Thunder, or any other previous expansion's content. Again, in the post I made just above, the context for those No-flying islands is completely different. None of them were under the oppressive stupidity of the Pathfinder unlock. I think people are greatly underestimating the potential for backlash if Blizzard slaps a bunch of no-flying content right after flying is finally available again.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think people are greatly underestimating the potential for backlash if Blizzard slaps a bunch of no-flying content right after flying is finally available again.
    Yeah I agree, with the big blizzcon flying mount announcement already out there they hyped up people somewhat, then only being able to use the mount for not longer then 7.2 itself would be huge slap in the face.

Even when they clearly designed some class mounts for ground use with magic wings or something, some are actual dragons/birds which by default always have looked awkward walking on the ground imo, ever since TBC, who really runs around on the ground on a nether drake/(proto) drake/firehawk in ground-only zones/bg's, yes its possible, but from my experience it happens far less.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Yeah I agree, with the big blizzcon flying mount announcement already out there they hyped up people somewhat, then only being able to use the mount for longer then 7.2 itself would be huge slap in the face.

Even when they clearly designed some class mounts for ground use with magic wings or something, some are actual dragons/birds which by default always have looked awkward walking on the ground imo, ever since TBC, who really runs around on the ground on a nether drake/(proto) drake/firehawk in ground-only zones/bg's, yes its possible, but from my experience it happens far less.
    The issue with all the flying I have is.... how do the point mounts fly? I mean some of them are the exact copies of the mounts players have. Dispels the immersion a bit do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    No idea man.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk
    Hells bells... that made me laugh harder than it should have....

Flying will be in 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    "spent all that time and effort getting" What time and effort? You unlock the flying achievement just by playing the game. There are no ways of not getting it unless you're lazy to the point where all you do is sit in Dalaran and AFK while waiting to get free rewards from LFR. Loremaster? Get it while leveling. Class campaign? You shouldn't even be playing the game if you aren't doing it, ilvl from third relic is too big of a gain to pass out on. Revered with all the factions? You get it while doing the World Quests for your gear(if new) and artifact power, during which you'd get your 100 WQ's completed and Broken Isles explorer unless you purposely avoided one part of the continent.

The constant crying and moaning on the forums prior to Legion's launch hasn't changed their mind about the way flying was implemented in Legion, do you honestly think they'll give in to them for patch content? They won't.
    You definitely do NOT just get Loremaster by leveling. ROFL! Good Suramaritan alone is time-locked behind daily rep grinding.

And the rest of what you're describing is exactly what I'm talking about when I said "All the time and effort".

This isn't even about crying and moaning. It's a legitimate complaint and criticism of how Blizzard is implementing a feature that a LOT of people clearly want. Flight is supposed to be a "reward" that you work hard for. Ok....I can get on board with that. But when the "reward" is just being able to trivialize content you've already had to grind out in order to get flying in the first place? How does that even make sense? Your reward is to be able to more easily do content you've already done ad-nausem?

I'm not saying they're going to change their mind. I'm just saying that if they follow up Pathfinder(and it's 8-12 month time gate) with more no-flying content, it's got a high potential to backfire on them.

Blizzard is delaying the release of flying in Legion so long is to extend content as far as they can for as long as they can, with every kind of timewasting mob, terrain, roots, branches, trees, invisble barricades, walls that cant be jumped over, hills you have to run around, paths you cant find, brick walls everywhere, daze, daze, stun, stun, stun, disorient, disarm, dire locked, frost locked, shadow locked, silenced...every single method they can find to make everything we do take three or four times as long to do, flight paths that are loop de loop de loop (you ought to sit and watch the map sometime)

They can design content with flight...they just absolutely refuse to, and I wont be surprised when they announce flight is delayed, postponed, or they pull another Polygon and we find out they "changed their minds".

We will get flght in 7.2 the same way we got flight in 6.1.

I will believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Except you can. You just can't fly with it. And yes, you're not SUPPOSED to fly in content you're still progressing through, because then you're not progressing - You're just skipping the content.
    Oh man....here we go again. /sigh

I get so tired of hearing this bullshit. Do you really believe that flying lets you skip content any more than simply outgearing it does? Are you going to sit here and ask me to believe that people rolling around with 940 legendaries and titanforged gear with max rank Artifacts are REALLY going to be threatened by anything in the open world? And then throw in all the gliding, leaping, teleporting, hearthing, summoning, stealth, anti-dismount buffs, and whistling that players have at their fingertips.....?

Right...my bad. Blizzard is SUCH a hard-ass when it comes to forcing people to not skip content.

Again, people are completely misinterpreting the context here. And last I checked, my flying mount never killed anything for me, or clicked a quest objective. I still had to land and do that myself. So the only thing being "skipped" is a couple meaningless hills, or maybe a log palisade that doesn't have any place being used as a barrier in a world with dragons and freaking ALIEN SPACE SHIPS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    They showed this picture at blizzcon
    Well i fit is a huge planet like place im sure they would have to allow flying or have super fast transports.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

The only way Blizzard actually manages to slow players down is by using hard-locked time gates, such as daily rep grinds. And those would absolutely NOT be effected in any way by flying. If anything, I expect Argus to be a zone that progresses much more like Suramar, with reputations limiting how far you can go in any given day. And probably with some garbage missions from your Order Hall thrown in with 48-72 hour long durations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    So in other words, things you find meaningless and have no reason to be bitching about not being able to see from the equally meaningless empty sky. And yet here you are, bitching about not being able to see it from the equally meaningless empty sky.

Let me get my top team right on that. /s

The content is designed to be seen from the ground. If you are not on the ground, you aren't seeing what blizzard wants you to see. That is reason enough to restrict, if not outright remove flight.
    Here's a novel concept(and one I presented MUCH earlier in the thread, if you bothered to read): Blizzard actually designs content that takes flying into account.

Shocking!

Again, lets keep this in the correct context: Argus content for 7.2 or later which is post-launch content not necessarily designed under the same doctrine as the WoD/Legion stuff(which we already know was developed more or less at the same time, with the same team). You can't say "The content is designed to be seen from the ground" because unless you work for Blizzard, you don't actually know what content on Argus will be. For all we know it could be some kind of FPS experience!

And I was not "bitching about not being able to see". I was poking holes in the logic that flying allows players to "skip" content, when the "content" in question is virtually meaningless in the first place. The ground is still there. I just experience it from a different point of view. The actual content of killing enemies for quests, clicking on items or triggers, or talking to NPCs, STILL GETS DONE regardless of how I get to it. Flying doesn't allow me to skip any of that.

So what does that leave? Some open areas with a few trash mobs which aren't actually relevant to the quest? Because if they were relevant, they'd be part of the objective. Alternatively, if they're meant to be some kind of passive, ambient obstacle, how is my flying past them any different than simply burning an anti-dismount consumable and riding past them? Furthermore, why are people leaping to the defense of such shoddy, low quality "content" as a bunch of empty space, or a handful of wandering trash mobs? Instead, you should be asking Blizzard to design quests more complex than "Kill X bears" than trying to tell me that flying is the devil that ruins everything.

- - - Updated - - -

You want to take a real hard look at why flying isn't bad? Lets take Suramar, for example.

Ok, so the city is full of all these wandering, hostile NPCs. You've got to sneak around and avoid them, and try to figure out how to get to where you need to be. I can get behind that. Except that one of the very first things Blizzard does is give you a tool that lets you "skip" almost every piece of that content. Where are the torches and pitchforks for the illusion buff that lets you bypass how Blizzard intended you to play!?!

"But SirCowdog! Flying would let you skip all the maze-like buildings and navigation you have to do in Suramar!"

That's a valid point. Except that you can glide in from highmountain if you want. Or just go to the nearest high building and glide from there. In most cases there's a handy hill or other vantage point readily available.

"But SirCowdog! If you can skip it already, what do you need flying for!?"

Because why not, at that point? The point I'm trying to make here is that all the reasons given for why flying is the worst thing to ever happen to WoW don't actually hold up when looked at closely. People want their flying mounts. Why not give it to them? Why not USE flying to make things interesting instead of taking the risk of pissing people off by withholding it?

7+ Year Old Account
    considering it's a) patch content and b) not connected to the mainland and c) it'd be a first I think it's safe to say it'll be a no flying zone like Isle of x.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it interesting that people are more concerned about flying instead of whether the rest of the game is still going to remain good.. Seems like the game can go to crap and people will not care so long as they have their flying..

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Do you even know how this game works and are trolling or are you spewing shit from your ass? Blizzard has introduced no-fly zones in the game with it being enabled in other parts of the world before and it has worked fine.
    I think the real question is why are you getting so angry? So what if they have done it before. It makes more sense to have flying enabled from the beginning for argus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

considering well get flying in 7.2 or 7.2.5, it would be super weird if they turned it off again for 7.3.

also from the picture, argus looks kinda outlandish, so id say making it no fly zone would actually be wasted potential.
    Last edited by pmkaboo; 2017-01-08 at 06:19 AM.

To be honest, it seems a little weird that Blizzard would send us to a small segment of Argus and leave the rest of it unchecked. It's a whole planet after all.

Maybe we slowly unlock more of Argus as Legion progresses? That or we unlock the rest of Argus next expansion, but I feel like the Legion story is pretty much done.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Blizzard is delaying the release of flying in Legion so long is to extend content as far as they can for as long as they can, with every kind of timewasting mob, terrain, roots, branches, trees, invisble barricades, walls that cant be jumped over, hills you have to run around, paths you cant find, brick walls everywhere, daze, daze, stun, stun, stun, disorient, disarm, dire locked, frost locked, shadow locked, silenced...every single method they can find to make everything we do take three or four times as long to do, flight paths that are loop de loop de loop (you ought to sit and watch the map sometime)

They can design content with flight...they just absolutely refuse to, and I wont be surprised when they announce flight is delayed, postponed, or they pull another Polygon and we find out they "changed their minds".

We will get flght in 7.2 the same way we got flight in 6.1.

I will believe it when I see it.
    I 100% agree with what you said! you can tell blizzard are clutching at straws because every zone is just hills, mountains, valleys and obstacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Do you even know how this game works and are trolling or are you spewing shit from your ass? Blizzard has introduced no-fly zones in the game with it being enabled in other parts of the world before and it has worked fine.
    Do you even PLAY this game? Past no-fly zones didn't have you work for flight only to take it away at the end of the expansion. ALL of the past no-fly zones are because they are so small that it would have been pointless to add flight and because Blizzard is too lazy to add flight in others like most of Quel'Thalas. Isle of Thunder worked fine? Sorry, but it sucked ass.

gravity is too high on argus, takes all our magix just to be able to stand on the ground. flying not possible

Can we fly in molten front?
    Can we fly in isle of thunder?

No and no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I think the real question is why are you getting so angry? So what if they have done it before. It makes more sense to have flying enabled from the beginning for argus.
    Not angry, not sure why you're saying "so what," because my point was that it worked fine with all the other zones that were implemented without flying, and no, it doesn't make sense because we have no idea how they're going to ship the zone when it comes down to size and content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Do you even PLAY this game? Past no-fly zones didn't have you work for flight only to take it away at the end of the expansion. ALL of the past no-fly zones are because they are so small that it would have been pointless to add flight and because Blizzard is too lazy to add flight in others like most of Quel'Thalas. Isle of Thunder worked fine? Sorry, but it sucked ass.
    You talk as if the implementation of the Argus zone is going to stop you from entering and using flight in the other zones. Nobody is stopping you from doing any of that. Additionally, we have no idea how Argus is going to be delivered, so the concern over there possibly not being flying could be completely unnecessary.

Your post just proves that you ultimately have no idea what you're talking about because there's more to them being "lazy" with adding flying to Quel'Danas.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-01-08 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting