Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rotation will be a lot better with a sub 6s RSK and now WDP back in the mix.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    That achievement is easy to get if your lvl 100+ like super easy you just take all 3 bosses and kill them instantly at lvl110.... Admitting I didnt read the wall of text above but that achievement is super easy.
    LOL are you thinking of earth wind and fire? hahaha this thread is about SEF , the monk spell.
    I'm very much looking forward to doing more consistent AOE damage throughout mythic+ add packs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Thank god, serenity playstyle is so annoying.
    Indeed, I much perfer SEF for the shadow clone ninja shit and my dragon punch. Way more visually appealing and satisfying to use on CD. Also, I play classes with harder rotations in FFXIV and TERA, serenity rotation really wasn't that complex as people made it out to be tbh.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Indeed, I much perfer SEF for the shadow clone ninja shit and my dragon punch. Way more visually appealing and satisfying to use on CD. Also, I play classes with harder rotations in FFXIV and TERA, serenity rotation really wasn't that complex as people made it out to be tbh.
    It's not complex, but it's more fast-paced, which makes it more fun to play. SEF rotation is just normal rotation, but you deal 50%~ more damage.

oh shit is the expac coming out of beta now

Deleted
    all my calls to holinka finally payed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Ok a few things here

a) There still needs some testing on how the changes work. For example how exactly SEF benefit from Transfer the Power and Hit Combo. These should hopefully be figured out soon.
    b) SimC needs updating with these changes ESPECIALLY the part about trinkets not getting reduced in damage.
    c) Up until players get Elisande's Convergance trinket, SEF and Serenity are actually neck-in-neck in terms of damage based on recent simulations. These simulations assumed that the SEF bugs were fixed (was planning on implementing the "bugs" if nothing came out before the patch). So it comes down to playstyle after that.
    d) WITH THE CURRENT APL (Action Priority List), Serenity pulls ahead after getting the Convergance trinket. However we are still trying to figure out the best APL WITH the trinket for SEF and it could bring SEF back up with Serenity. For those who don't know the Convergance trinket gives a chance for melee abilities to reduce a major cooldown by 5 seconds. In the case of Windwalkers, the abilities that the trinket affect are Storm, Earth and Fire as well as Serenity (which is not listed on the trinket but players were able to test the trinket on the PTR and report that the trinket does work with Serenity).
    Can you show me the results?
    Is it the ones on the simcraft website or are they being post on the monk discord?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the nerfs to Serenity and SeF becoming more reliable will make SeF viable in PvP. I enjoy WDP too much but the clunkiness of SeF made it incredibly difficult to use in PvP.

What I hope these changes will do is make it possible to instantly focus your clones on your own target reliably without them first jumping to random targets before I can command them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningK View Post
    Can you show me the results?
    Is it the ones on the simcraft website or are they being post on the monk discord?
    Just based on testing that I've done personally. Once we can start finalizing stuff, we will post results.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I hope the nerfs to Serenity and SeF becoming more reliable will make SeF viable in PvP. I enjoy WDP too much but the clunkiness of SeF made it incredibly difficult to use in PvP.

What I hope these changes will do is make it possible to instantly focus your clones on your own target reliably without them first jumping to random targets before I can command them.

this oh so very much!!

having the clones rush away from your target literally made the spell impossible to use in PvP.

hey HAVE to make it so that the clones focus one target at first!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    That achievement is easy to get if your lvl 100+ like super easy you just take all 3 bosses and kill them instantly at lvl110.... Admitting I didnt read the wall of text above but that achievement is super easy.
    You really should at least read the first two words of that wall of text because you look pretty dumb right now.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO this is a shit bandaid that doesn't fix anything. Hopefully after this fails miserably blizzard will just give us back old SEF functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuruxd View Post
    It's not complex, but it's more fast-paced, which makes it more fun to play. SEF rotation is just normal rotation, but you deal 50%~ more damage.
    Does serenity replace sef or something? I'm confused as to why you cant use both. Still leveling my monk so pardon the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryreilan View Post
    Does serenity replace sef or something? I'm confused as to why you cant use both. Still leveling my monk so pardon the confusion.
    Exactly. Serenity does replace SEF.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Exactly. Serenity does replace SEF.
    Ok! Thanks for clarifying! Was confused for a bit there lol. I looked at the talent and didnt see it saying that it replaced SEF.

Just based on testing that I've done personally. Once we can start finalizing stuff, we will post results.
    Thank you for the response. I will be waiting.

So is haste going to be good now? Everything has haste on it it seems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rulee View Post
    So is haste going to be good now? Everything has haste on it it seems.
    Not necessarily. The current SimC Mythic Nighthold profile that us theorycrafters are working with has 2768 Haste (~7.91% haste)

https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...r_T19M_NH.simc

# Gear Summary
    # gear_ilvl=912.88
    # gear_agility=21964
    # gear_stamina=35283
    # gear_crit_rating=8079
    # gear_haste_rating=2768
    # gear_mastery_rating=9539
    # gear_versatility_rating=4411
    # gear_armor=2471
    # set_bonus=tier19_2pc=1
    # set_bonus=tier19_4pc=1
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2017-01-08 at 07:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post

SeF will probably never be viable in arena, maybe bgs. The burst with serenity is to good to pass on and being able to use FoF without any chi is nice. Monk burst is probably the only thing that makes ww monks top dog in PvP (arenas still).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, hopefully this fix doesn't make the WW wrist BiS (maybe actually?) and we get the same issue as fire wrist were they all deny that the wrist were pretty strong. Or that they make serenity not viable anymore (might be if they don't revert the CD red nerf)

Not necessarily. The current SimC Mythic Nighthold profile that us theorycrafters are working with has 2768 Haste (~7.91% haste)

https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...r_T19M_NH.simc
    Is this like a single target patchwork type fight? Does haste get better with more targets? There are mainly cleave bosses in nighthold correct?