Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Have you ever started over completely from scratch again?

Been playing for over 13 years now, and I always have the urge to just start over again. Brand new account on a new battle.net. So that I can earn achievements all over again, and recollect everything again.

For example, I have never gone or stepped foot into Culling of Stratholme in a very long time, and on a new account I would have to go do that again to get the Bronze drake again. Etc.

I know I could just go on a new server, level up a new guy, but it's not quite the same.

Just curious if anyone has ever done anything like this.

I've thought of it. But then I remember how I restarted in Animal Crossing when I was 13, and it killed my desire to play the game because I had completed so much in my old town.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2017-01-08 at 12:57 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

That's what private servers are for.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

I didn't start a new account, but during Burning Crusade, my guild fell apart. I abandoned my shadow priest, and rerolled on a new server and a different faction. Since nothing was account bound, it amounted to the same thing as just starting a new account.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I thought of it. But then I remember how I restarted in Animal Crossing when I was 13, and it killed my desire to play the game because I had completed so much in my old town.
    Yeah that's partially preventing me from doing it, just because of certain achievements or paid stuff I had already, or things you can't get anymore lol.

But I know I'll *still* have that stuff on my "main" account, which kind of helps that feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, 7 years ago I cancelled my account and erased every toon. This was before account-bound everything and when restoring was up to the GM.

I sold my original wow account I made during tbc just to make a new one.

I've started on a new server with no characters/gold/friends etc, but no, the appeal of starting completely over, account wise, is not attractive to me.

My vanilla account was unfortunately banned, that was about as much of a full wipe as I've ever done. RIP Blizzcon 2005 murloc pet ; _ ;
    Last edited by Bathory; 2017-01-08 at 01:13 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I never started a new account, but I quit the game during Firelands and came back in SoO. Made a new character on a new server. I now have almost 200 days played on that character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the input guys!

At launch i played in the EU. Then in Wotlk i moved back to the US so had to reroll from scratch. Then when WoD came out I moved back to The EU zone again, so essentially it felt like a reroll.

In someways its refreshing. But there are also things that suck (like rare mounts and acheivments you have on one account that you cant get anymore on the new account).

Even rerolling now, the leveling expereince is very different. Until you get to about level 90 you outlevel zones way before you finish the storyline (even without heirlooms), so you leave so much of the stories with unknown endings. I wish they woukd fix that.

Oh, no, I haven't done it Bnet and all, but I have started on a new server before the age of Heirlooms being able to ship to other servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started from scratch with a new account is something I really want, but only after beating the game on my main acc
    Though unlike before you have to pay for a new account to be able to start from scratch

I've never started from scratch (not taking private servers into account), but in every new xpack I try to "simulate" leveling from scratch - I create new character (new class most likely), level via quests and without heirlooms. I don't want to start completely from scratch. It's too late for me to start from scratch - I play to casually and would never catch up. That's why I don't want to play other MMO, despite of fact, that some of them are better, than Wow.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Something similar, but not quite and not in WoW.

In EVE Online, after a long long break because I was getting tired of doing pretty much the same thing every day, I decided to sell everything I had and give away all the money to a good ingame cause. In WoW terms, I ended up with 0 gold, silver and copper, a beginner weapon and a loincloth. Not even a shirt. I wanted to see how easy/fast it was for me to get back to being ABLE to do the thing I was getting tired of. It was on a pretty high level of activity for that game and that period, so I was wondering about the actual journey there. It had taken me years to get to that point the original way, but how long now, with all the skills I've gathered over time and changes made to the game itself?

I started out in a beginner's spaceship and mined a few asteroids, enough to get me some money to fit decent weapons and then I started doing kill missions. And it was FUN! Not having the comfort of an overpowered spaceship with super awesome stuff fitted on it, I actually had to be careful and consider how I did each mission. Before, I would fly in, target stuff, use one weapon per target and switch when they died, while barely taking any damage. Now I often ended up in hull damage (you have shields, armor and hull. Shields go down first, armor second, when you reach hull you're close to dead) and had to warp out and repair. A lot! But eventually I got things down and moved on to bigger ships with better weapons and could do harder missions that paid out more, so I could move on to even bigger and better stuff.

All in all, it took me two months to work my way up to the level of performance that I had set as my target. I wanted to have a certain amount of money, a certain type of ship with a certain type of modules on it. That was my goal and it only took 2 months. And it was FUN for those two months, because I could see and feel myself progressing through the different stages of the game. In WoW, with every expansion release you sometimes feel like your powerlevel has been reset due to new gear etc. And it's fun getting more powerful when you level up. But it feels like your powerlevel go up the hill throughout expansion 1, then takes a dip when expansion 2 starts only to start going up again. You don't really feel the continuos flow of power unless you start over. And then it can feel a bit more fun.

It certainly did for me in EVE, but I would not put myself through it in WoW. Because those two games are so different, I would constantly remind myself that I was able to do something easily at max level and would then skip through as much as possible to get to that point and THEN do all the skipped content. Like going through CoS for the bronze drake. I wouldn't have the same amount of fun I did when I leveled through each expansion and got the drake at the intended level, the intended way. The game simply doesn't work like that. Very very few people do CoS Heroic at level 80. So in the end, it would be no different from leveling a new alt on the old account. It would only take a bit longer...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Been playing for over 13 years now, and I always have the urge to just start over again. Brand new account on a new battle.net. So that I can earn achievements all over again, and recollect everything again.

For example, I have never gone or stepped foot into Culling of Stratholme in a very long time, and on a new account I would have to go do that again to get the Bronze drake again. Etc.

I know I could just go on a new server, level up a new guy, but it's not quite the same.

Nope, I have not, nor do I wish to.. Well, lies, I did in a way. When TBC was released, I had to buy a new copy to play on EU.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I haven't started new accounts. But I have taken longer breaks for one reason or another, and after them started new characters in new race/faction without any money etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Full on new account status? No.

Deleted all my characters AFTER almost everything was account bound? Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Started from scratch with a new account is something I really want, but only after beating the game on my main acc
    How do you beat WoW.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I had moved my main to a different realm in the same faction and just leveled new alts. So, no, not from scratch.