Thread: vsync input lag

10+ Year Old Account

vsync input lag

without vsync screen is tearing and unplayable, with vsync on there is much input lag.

any solution to this ?

gtx 1070, i5 6600, win10
    interestingly enough i dont have this issue on laptop, only on stationary pc

Deleted
    Get a monitor with gsync, not much else you can do about it.
    once you go gsync, you never go back

Deleted
    Acer 271hu will fix this for you

10+ Year Old Account
    People giving crappy advice as usual. It might be a monitor settings. You have to do research on your specific model to find out if it is.

If it's not the monitor:

1. Set triple buffering to off in NVIDIA Control Panel, and make sure it's off in-game also.
    2. If still experiencing input lag, disable vsync or set to Adaptive.
    3. Check if Hardware Cursor in-game is causing the input lag also.

If you're concerned with tearing or overheating:

1. Download NVIDIA Profile Inspector. *IF WINDOWS10 DO NOT RUN INSPECTOR, JUST PROFILE. It may BSOD Hardware error, especially after Anniversary/Cortana update. Harmless BSOD, but will still reset your computer involuntarily.
    2. Open ProfileInspector. Look for "Frame Rate Limiter" under "2 - Sync and Refresh". Set it to your monitor refresh rate +1 (61, 121, etc)
    3. Hit Apply Changes button on the top-right.
    4. If tearing still persists, set vsync to Adaptive.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-01-08 at 11:53 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    without vsync screen is tearing and unplayable, with vsync on there is much input lag.

any solution to this ?

gtx 1070, i5 6600, win10
    interestingly enough i dont have this issue on laptop, only on stationary pc
    there's a few ways to improve it and you can mix and match them to your desire. my recommendation is to go with all three of them:
    • in the nvidia controlpanel set the option "frames render ahead" to 1. this makes it so your input is not stored for 2 additional frames, which results in a better responsiveness.
    • disable vsync (unless you get jittery framepacing because of this) and set wow to borderless windowed mode. this causes to use the windows-integrated vsync, that has a minimal delay (higher than no vsync, but a lot better than the games implementation).
    • enable the option "hardware cursor". your mouse movement won't be linked to the vsync refresh rate.

hope this helps. waiting for feedback

OP, depending on what game you play use "Fastsync" in the Nvidia control panel. Just a note Fastsync not compatible with DX 12 games and will have to use DX 11.

Here's a quick rundown on what it's about. Fastsync