Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Guess you're talking about lfr and heroic dungeons. Certainly not mythic tov, because it was EXACTLY the other way around.

Also have you recently returned after quitting pre cata? I mean come on "dps rotations are harder in Legion"?? xD
    I do think for a lot of specs dps rotations are harder in Legion. Not all of them of course. Anecdotally, I know quite a few players that performed really well in past expansions, (consistently 99%+ on WLC given ideal circumstances) that are now struggling to do good dps.

As a ret paladin, I don't think my dps has suffered, but it definitely requires a bit more forethought and better reactions than WoD or MoP ret, especially with the cloak.

One of my friends tells me that BM hunter is currently one of the most brain dead specs to ever exist, which is why I say it's on a spec by spec basis.

Deleted
    Dps takes much more responsability if you know what you are doing. So many mechanics and encounters are much easier with excellent dps that if you don't perfom almost perfectly you must feel guilty of the wipes. Bad players who can't understand that will thing that meh or standard dps is ok. It isn't, lots of dps's don't pull their wheight and pugs and guild partners suffer from it.

Healing on the other hand is more plain. You heal unaboidable damage? You are a good heal. You save some bad dps bathing in fire? Exellent, but if you can't save him, well, it was his fault anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    no, Hpal love to dps, thats just another option to healers whill dps can only dps
    And you can do up to +9 Mythic with no healer. 4 dps and a tank with everyone using Fighter Chow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    I mean come on "dps rotations are harder in Legion"?? xD
    It is A LOT harder to perform well with Surrender to Madness in a stressful environment than playing any pre Legion version of shadow. Esp when a simple "wrong button" fuckup is punished by death at high stacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    You heal unaboidable damage? You are a good heal. You save some bad dps bathing in fire? Exellent, but if you can't save him, well, it was his fault anyway.
    Yeah but don't expect them to realize that. You'll get flamed anyway for "not healing well".
    Also, there is the whole "do DPS in your downtime" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    In m+, all roles are equally important because any fuck up, especially on high keys is wipe no matter what.
    I disagree, many times ive seen a dps die on a mythic plus high keystone and still be able to get the boss down. But if a healer or tank go down its almost always a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I disagree, many times ive seen a dps die on a mythic plus high keystone and still be able to get the boss down. But if a healer or tank go down its almost always a wipe.
    9-11 is not a "high" keystone. Please make a video how you kill, for example, 13+ tyrannical EoA last boss with two damage dealers only.

I also keep wondering whether we should start calling our cars and other transport as "MPH".
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    9-11 is not a "high" keystone. Please make a video how you kill, for example, 13+ tyrannical EoA last boss with two damage dealers only.

I also keep wondering whether we should start calling our cars and other transport as "MPH".
    Make your own video, I've got better things to do.

And 9-11 is certainly a "high" keystone when we are having a pre-school level argument "dpsing is the most hardest thing in wow".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yeah but don't expect them to realize that. You'll get flamed anyway for "not healing well".
    Also, there is the whole "do DPS in your downtime" thing.
    I don't expect them to realize that, if they flame I post the death recap from skada, if the players knows what it means the discusion ends there, if not I just ignore them and report if insulted me.

The dps in downtime is logical, if no healing is needed I won't be there doing nothing. If I can't dps it is because there is too much unavoidable dmg, I'm healing conservating mana which takes longer or someone is bathing on fire, so I proced as descrived above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I always used to think that dps is the most fun role due to low responsibility and because the gear you get makes you rock the meters and feel good overall about your character , back on vanilla the pve gear was also usefull for pvp so you could rock there aswell with some great pve gear.

Right now its completely different though , due to more complex mechanics on bosses and harder rotations , dps has higher responsbility than healers and has to keep up with the rest of dps and remain competetive , you never see healers soak stuff or do a special role in a raid , they just heal because they have no time to do anything else anyway. On top of that dungeons are far more important than previous expansions and healers always have an instant queue and overall much better experience.

After playing both roles , i feel like that raiding with a dps can potentially be less demanding in some cases but my overall experience playing the game is probably worse than playing a healer.
    ??? xDdDdD Suh dude xDd