Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hei Bai View Post
    Anyone tested the 4 piece before and after? Was it too good? Do you still want it asap?
    Is there an active blog or smg about theorycrafting these stuff? the blogs I used to read are quite inactive nowadays.
    I'll be using my own number of rejuv ticks for the examples here, which I get 9 ticks with only 1 Persistence relic and 7000 something haste.

So, at a 2% proc rate, there would be a 98%^9 (0.98^9) chance for it to NOT proc, which is 0.8337, or a 16.63% chance for an individual rejuv TO proc with the 4p over the course of it's entire duration. Meaning, with no waste (combination of Germination and it being a smart heal would help towards that), you would get a 16.63% healing output increase from your rejuv.

Now, at 1.5% proc rate, you get approx 3/4 of the previous. 0.985^9 = 0.8728, or a 12.72% chance proc rate, eg a 12.72% increase on rejuv healing.

All-in-all, it's worth (for me, at 30% rejuv healing), about a 3.8% healing increase. I might mess around with Germination, but obviously, on fights where tranq is super important, you should likely use that instead.

Worth noting, the legendary shoulders DO work on the 4p. BUT, with it being a smart heal, it's not really worth it to use, imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I'll be using my own number of rejuv ticks for the examples here, which I get 9 ticks with only 1 Persistence relic and 7000 something haste.

So, at a 2% proc rate, there would be a 98%^9 (0.98^9) chance for it to NOT proc, which is 0.8337, or a 16.63% chance for an individual rejuv TO proc with the 4p over the course of it's entire duration. Meaning, with no waste (combination of Germination and it being a smart heal would help towards that), you would get a 16.63% healing output increase from your rejuv.

Now, at 1.5% proc rate, you get approx 3/4 of the previous. 0.985^9 = 0.8728, or a 12.72% chance proc rate, eg a 12.72% increase on rejuv healing.

All-in-all, it's worth (for me, at 30% rejuv healing), about a 3.8% healing increase. I might mess around with Germination, but obviously, on fights where tranq is super important, you should likely use that instead.

Worth noting, the legendary shoulders DO work on the 4p. BUT, with it being a smart heal, it's not really worth it to use, imo.
    thanks for the info. with tearstone/pota and now this you should get a lot of rejus out. that's just further increases the number of jumps. also mastery keeps getting better. I already end up having a HoT on most ppl in the raid, so I already started kinda favoring mastery a bit over crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the info. with tearstone/pota and now this you should get a lot of rejus out. that's just further increases the number of jumps. also mastery keeps getting better. I already end up having a HoT on most ppl in the raid, so I already started kinda favoring mastery a bit over crit.
    In theory, mastery should support Germination quite nicely. But in practice, I am not sure about Germination in raids. I was not able to do any raid testing with the tier.

One other thing to note, is that the 4p will increase Dreamwalker a bit, and Flourish will be tremendously more potent. Not to mention our artifact active. All-in-all though, I have not calcualted anything else, aside form proc rates on the 4p bonus. So take all of this with a few shakers of salt.

That's incorrect. What you calculated is the odds of proccing /at least/ once. If you have 9 ticks and 1.5% proc chance per tick, then it's a straight up 9*1.5=13.5% boost to rejuv.
    Actually, it's more than that, because the proc'ed rejuv has a chance to to proc again. This puts the bonus at slightly over 15% boost.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    That's incorrect. What you calculated is the odds of proccing /at least/ once. If you have 9 ticks and 1.5% proc chance per tick, then it's a straight up 9*1.5=13.5% boost to rejuv.
    Actually, it's more than that, because the proc'ed rejuv has a chance to to proc again. This puts the bonus at slightly over 15% boost.
    And a matching ~15% increase to Dreamwalker and Cultivation healing, since it's on new targets.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenangel-succ View Post
    Well shit...you're right.

As for calculating procs on the procs, tossing in an infinite convergence seems a tad overkill (although much more accurate)...but yeah, it's around 15.2%?
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-12-30 at 07:38 PM.

Well shit...you're right.

As for calculating procs on the procs, tossing in an infinite convergence seems a tad overkill (although much more accurate)...but yeah, it's around 15.2%?
    The exact formula for expected number of ticks with 4pc is T/(1-0.015*T), where T is the base number of ticks for your rejuvenation. With 9 ticks you can expect rejuvenate to tick 10.4 times, which is a 15.6% increase. I made an image with the in-depth theory crafting here:

imgur.com/dPinFEH.png
    (I can't post real links yet)

10+ Year Old Account

Linking chart for others to see more easily.

BTW, this is the kind of stuff that I miss from MoP and prior with hbp...
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-12-31 at 05:17 PM.

Legendary question time!

For Mythic raiding, which combination of: Edraith (wrists), Ekowraith (chest), or Dark Titan's (belt) does everyone suggest?

For M+ Dungeons, I'm betting belt + wrists is the better combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Legendary question time!

For Mythic raiding, which combination of: Edraith (wrists), Ekowraith (chest), or Dark Titan's (belt) does everyone suggest?

For M+ Dungeons, I'm betting belt + wrists is the better combo.
    I'd say Chest and Wrists. Belt may be useful on fights where both the tanks have problems surviving.

I've been surprised at how much healing the belt contributes in raids; I have eko and the belt competing for my second leg and I used eko at first but swapped to the belt when I got a well-itemized 890 chest. It's not something you can use on-demand ofc but if you're watching the pandemic window on lifebloom you can pretty often get use out of it. It seemed to me to contribute about the same amount of ehps as ekowraith, and the belt is itemized better for raiding (crit/haste vs. high mastery on ekowraith.)

I would definitely use the wrists in m+ and raid, and probably the belt too unless you really want the mastery from ekowraith in m+

Deleted
    Short question. This is me: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Ciupearca/advanced
    Last night a Heightened Senses 890 dropped. I didn't have a chance to test it. Does anyone know what procs it for us and how often does it proc?
    I'm looking to see if it's better since versa isn't really something I'm looking for.

Deleted
    Heightened senses is actually a good trinket. I'm not sure why it's going around here that it's weak. The proc is really frequent and strong. Tbh the best trinket in EN. I'd definitely use an 890

Heightened senses is actually a good trinket. I'm not sure why it's going around here that it's weak. The proc is really frequent and strong. Tbh the best trinket in EN. I'd definitely use an 890
    Its mid range at best - its often considered weak for 2 main reasons:
    1) it's slightly underbudget for its ilvl compared to others.
    2) Throughput procs for a healer are mediocre at best since they can occur when they aren't really needed.

It is however an easily obtained trinket and as such, sees a lot of use. It is one of the better trinkets from EN - but that's not saying much (its one of the shinier turds, yes)... a mid range titanforge stat stick from a world quest will beat it. As will a lower ilvl chronoshard ,flask arcanocrystal, bile, urn, etc

What are people's thoughts on neck enchants when 7.1.5 goes live. New static +200 secondary enchants are going live, and Mark of the Ancient Priestess is getting buffed. Mark of the Claw may well not be the default enchant anymore.

- Mark of the Claw is an average of 132 Crit + 132 Haste, but is a semi-random proc that can't be controlled
    - You could go with one of the new cheap static stat enchants (either +200 Haste or +200 Crit whichever you prefer). 200 static is arguably going to be better than 264 of a proc based average.
    - Mark of the Ancient Priestess has been buffed to scale with spell power instead of being a ~50k static heal. At my gear level on the PTR, it is about a 215k heal, so the enchant has been buffed by just over 400% for people at ~893 ilvl. We need to see logs of how it performs, but the current live version was typically doing around 0.5% healing. The buffed version will theoretically be at about 2.0% of our output. That's strong enough that it's worth considering.

My inclination is that Ancient Priestess is likely now the BiS enchant - as long as it performs at that ~2% total healing level. +200 haste = +0.6% haste rating, which isn't anywhere near +2% total output. Mark of the Claw gives you an average of +0.4% haste and +0.4% crit - also probably less than half the value of +2% total healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    What are people's thoughts on neck enchants when 7.1.5 goes live. New static +200 secondary enchants are going live, and Mark of the Ancient Priestess is getting buffed. Mark of the Claw may well not be the default enchant anymore.

- Mark of the Claw is an average of 132 Crit + 132 Haste, but is a semi-random proc that can't be controlled
    - You could go with one of the new cheap static stat enchants (either +200 Haste or +200 Crit whichever you prefer). 200 static is arguably going to be better than 264 of a proc based average.
    - Mark of the Ancient Priestess has been buffed to scale with spell power instead of being a ~50k static heal. At my gear level on the PTR, it is about a 215k heal, so the enchant has been buffed by just over 400% for people at ~893 ilvl. We need to see logs of how it performs, but the current live version was typically doing around 0.5% healing. The buffed version will theoretically be at about 2.0% of our output. That's strong enough that it's worth considering.

My inclination is that Ancient Priestess is likely now the BiS enchant - as long as it performs at that ~2% total healing level. +200 haste = +0.6% haste rating, which isn't anywhere near +2% total output. Mark of the Claw gives you an average of +0.4% haste and +0.4% crit - also probably less than half the value of +2% total healing.
    Dont forget the +300 static mastery entchant.

I personally would favor it at the moment. I hugely dislike proccs as a healer and so 300mastery>264 best stats in my opinion.

Since in raid PvE mastery isnt really a strong stat for us, the new ancient priestess seems like the new go to-choice.

Does anybody knows if its a smart, semi-smart/whatever-heal or just totally random?
    If it would heal the lowest target -->smartsmart-heal(^^) then it would gain some value

My inclination is that Ancient Priestess is likely now the BiS enchant - as long as it performs at that ~2% total healing level.
    Pretty much. If it ends up being as good as it looks, it'll be a bit better than the alternatives. On paper, anyway. In practice, it's very random and most of your procs may end up being wasted during an attempt. Even if the targeting is smart, the timing isn't. Not sure if I'd bother replacing a current mastery enchant with it.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Also, according to the official patch notes, Trained Soldier was buffed from 300 to 600 mastery. That makes it clearly the best of the static stat enchants and way better than Claw; it's just whether it beats the ~2% static throughput of Priestess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, according to the official patch notes, Trained Soldier was buffed from 300 to 600 mastery. That makes it clearly the best of the static stat enchants and way better than Claw; it's just whether it beats the ~2% static throughput of Priestess.
    With our current mastery, that's what..1.1% mastery? Prior to the stat nerfs coming in 7.1.5.

What are the 4 pieces from nighthold that you guys are going to use? chest, gloves, shoulder, cloak?