Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Nighthold Legendary/spec

I'm actually playing Destruction, and I'm trying to loot legendary for this spec, since I only have sephuz and the other destro ring. But watching a few previews of Nighthold, I was wondering if changing to main Affliction, and if so, if I should start changing loot spec to Affly, in order to loot leg for that spec

Quote Originally Posted by Thath View Post
    I'm actually playing Destruction, and I'm trying to loot legendary for this spec, since I only have sephuz and the other destro ring. But watching a few previews of Nighthold, I was wondering if changing to main Affliction, and if so, if I should start changing loot spec to Affly, in order to loot leg for that spec
    If you plan on playing affli primarily then yea (!) go ahead and swap your lootspec!
    I dont really see where the question lies here? Obviously you want legendaries for the spec you are going to be playing.

Play what you enjoy the most..

Quote Originally Posted by Thath View Post
    All 3 specs will be viable in NH.. however both destro and aff will have an easier time than demo, as well as not being as heavily reliant on strong legendaries.

Basically play what you enjoy playing everything will have its strengths

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kisteglad View Post
    If you plan on playing affli primarily then yea (!) go ahead and swap your lootspec!
    I dont really see where the question lies here? Obviously you want legendaries for the spec you are going to be playing.
    Actually, my doubt is "which spec is better? And (since i got shitty legendary for destro) which should i prioritize legendary for?"

Deleted
    I wish I had affliction legendaries other than Sacrolash the 60% corruption movement reduction ring.

Like the Hood + Belt would be super sweet then I would be more calm about what to play, but with Portal Legs, Sacrolash and the Rain of Fire ring it's gonna be real tough ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    I wish I had affliction legendaries other than Sacrolash the 60% corruption movement reduction ring.

Like the Hood + Belt would be super sweet then I would be more calm about what to play, but with Portal Legs, Sacrolash and the Rain of Fire ring it's gonna be real tough ugh.
    Geez. Im using destro belt and cloak. I have boots and neclace for afflition. I want to ST afflction and cleave destro. Seems I will probably do more dmg ST destro as well without good affliction legendaries. I suspect Blizzard will increase legendary drop rates again with 7.1.5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelDude View Post
    Geez. Im using destro belt and cloak. I have boots and neclace for afflition. I want to ST afflction and cleave destro. Seems I will probably do more dmg ST destro as well without good affliction legendaries. I suspect Blizzard will increase legendary drop rates again with 7.1.5.
    dude you have pretty much amazing legendaries.

The boots are insane with 7.1.5 for affliction single target. They are BiS actually. Atleast they are in fights where you have to move from time to time. Let's say Ursoc or nythendra and you can keep on channeling MG.

And Prydaz has the most secondary stats of any item. It's actually quite simple math since it has more secondary it gives you more damage through secondary stats.

if I were you I'd definitively go affliction for ST with those 2 legendaries.

I had no idea. Should I set my loot spec to try for demo bracers then. Ugh... hahah. Maybe I switch loot spec back to destro for shoulders and bracers.

Deleted
    I had no idea. Should I set my loot spec to try for demo bracers then. Ugh... hahah. Maybe I switch loot spec back to destro for shoulders and bracers.
    Yeah I guess so. There are so many variables and noone can be certain right now how things are going to turn out.

I guess destro is a safe bet as a loot specc

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Play what you enjoy the most..
    I've been going with this, 45 lvls in affliction WITH Rain of fire ring(Yeah.) and sephuz(might be good in NH).
    Edit Signature.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    I've been going with this, 45 lvls in affliction WITH Rain of fire ring(Yeah.) and sephuz(might be good in NH).
    Even if you played Destro, the RoF(l) ring is so useless and will be in 7.1.5 for raids, despite the buff. It forces on you Soul Conduit. In 7.1, it forced Cata (well, that one not so much, but it helped) and F&B. In 7.1.5, it will force hard casting Immos, F&B, and all that depending if your raid keeps the mobs under RoF. Plus, any 2nd RoF on the mobs while the first is still on is wasted debuff uptime (which is better than wasted shards, of course, but that's the design problem of the ring). Not sure if in M+ i'd ever switch to SC and forsake Wreak Havoc to use that ring.

The ring has such a deep niche that even if it was 25% increased damage it would be mediocre.
    You have to keep a 3 shard spell on high uptime in order to buff your filler and/or a spell with a massive CD. And to even do that semi-relyably you need conduit (so no option for taking CDF) and belt.
    And on top of that you have to convince the tank to keep the mobs in one place, which is unadvisable on most affixes with kiting being the norm. Double that in raids where getting the whole raid to change mechanics for 10% more dmg to your fillers is dumb.
    Whoever designed this and though "oh it's an AoE DPS legendary totally on par with the ele shammie earthquake or mage blizzard berries" has a special kind of brain. Should be the very same person that saw it doing 15% on the ptr and thought to themselves.."yeeep, totally overpowered".

I hope so, I've been saving my Cache boxes for a week now to open after patch just for the small chance they proc legendary, I'll have a shot at being one of the new ones.

Myself started Demo main spec, got 2 dps legendaries for it (belt/ring)... stayed Demo in hopes to get the Bracers which work for all 3 specs but since they got nerfed by 50% I've changed loot spec to Aff moving forward since its the spec I am enjoying the most by far right now.
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2017-01-09 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    dude you have pretty much amazing legendaries.

The boots are insane with 7.1.5 for affliction single target. They are BiS actually. Atleast they are in fights where you have to move from time to time. Let's say Ursoc or nythendra and you can keep on channeling MG.

And Prydaz has the most secondary stats of any item. It's actually quite simple math since it has more secondary it gives you more damage through secondary stats.

if I were you I'd definitively go affliction for ST with those 2 legendaries.
    No they aren't. The Agony Helm and either UA Belt or Reap Cloak are (not sure on exact numbers). The Boots are actually worse for Affliction in 7.1.5 than they are now, because right now Drain Life/Soul doesn't consume the buff, but in 7.1.5 you have to stand still for like 8 seconds to be able to cast while moving for 5. Affliction can just refresh DoTs on the move anyways. The Boots will be significantly better for Destro and Demo though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No they aren't. The Agony Helm and either UA Belt or Reap Cloak are (not sure on exact numbers). The Boots are actually worse for Affliction in 7.1.5 than they are now, because right now Drain Life/Soul doesn't consume the buff, but in 7.1.5 you have to stand still for like 8 seconds to be able to cast while moving for 5. Affliction can just refresh DoTs on the move anyways. The Boots will be significantly better for Destro and Demo though.
    The point is that you are not missing out the damage buff from malefic grasp, not if you did or did not need the buff before, because drain damage was still very low anyways to really talk (imo) about the boots being decent before.

Not saying he is right, but you seem to have missed his point entirely.
    Last edited by mmocc9cfd5da3c; 2017-01-09 at 09:00 PM.

I have 4 legendaries - pants, necklace, boots, and demo ring.
    was doing affliction for shot at helm, but now i might do destro for the belt, I'm switching to affliction/destro, and i feel that neck/boots for affliction will be a great combo, and boots/belt for destro. The new boot effect is just too nice (maybe I'm misunderstanding it).

Any thoughts??

On the official patch notes it says: Destruction
    The damage done by many Destruction spells has been slightly increased.

what does that even mean? no numbers or anything? just a vague saying that something has been increased?

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post

what does that even mean? no numbers or anything? just a vague saying that something has been increased?
    I think it means that they increase the base damage of many Destruction spells slightly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post

4% across the board iirc.