Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Same as wow, except:

Raids would be set at 10m only. No Mythic+, only regular and heroic.
    More 5 mans and raids.
    No flying, mounts can not be purchased, only obtained through quest lines like the pally and lock mount use to be with rare mounts available by raids.
    Quest lines in each zone would have to be completed before opening up new zones.
    To Raid you would have to do the story quest and obtain a key.
    Harder to get to max level.
    CC becomes a very important part of the game in questing and raiding.
    Limit to 5 spells or actions but better CDs to pay attention to including CC.

I could go on, but these are the main things I would like to see change.
    So not world of warcraft?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    It would be a RvR game - focus on the battle between the alliance and hordes, rather than some outside enemy like a demon or dragon.
    The game would be about controlling zones to gather resources. When enough resources are gathered you can acces a small raid with a random single boss that rewards epics or gold.
    As you control more zones the battlefield gets moved closer towards the other factions main base SW\ org.
    Flightpoints are only accessible to those who control the zone.
    Everyone would just play one faction to gain the advantage and break the game.
    Aye mate

In the future with Nazi orcs...

Oh wait, that's been done already.
    http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/o...allods-wut.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow II shouldn't happen until the average PC or console is fully VR enabled, and by that I mean full 4k or above VR headset along with full tactile response body suit. I want other players to actually feel the heat when I burn them with a fireball and to be winded when I smack them in the chest with a big two hand mace.

I doubt that we will truly see a major advance in the mmorpg scene until full on VR is commonplace. Just imagine wow experienced as if you were there, as a full on total immersion video game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    That would be terrible for the game. Putting it on console would require them to change the combat, interface and UI far to much for anyone that currently likes wow to play. It would mean it would be a completely different game. Not world of warcraft.
    FFXIV is on consoles and has an almost identical control and UI to WoW

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Hypothetical discussion because WoW II is unlikely but what would your WoW II be like?

For me:

It would be set 100+ years in the future
    Horde and Alliance are now one faction
    Vastly improved graphics but retaining the art style
    Legacy characters (can import WoW characters over with all mounts toys and mogs exclusive)
    New worlds to visit
    Two new classes
    Two new races
    Available on PC, XBOX & PS
    So you just want an expansion.

What could WoW 2 possibly bring that this one can't?

Deleted
    My primary requirement would be 3 or more factions. Loose example; 1. Tauren/Nelf/Faydragon other forest stuff etc. Faction, 2. Troll/Orc/Goblin/Ogre Faction, 3. Worgen/Human/Vrykul Faction, 4. Blood/High/Nightborne/Naga Faction, 5. Forsaken/Valkyr Faction, 6. (expansion could make demons playable faction/race or add to faction 5?):

1. Better lore that actually made races other than humans and orcs prevalent. My big issue with wow is that it has so many great characters and stories that are ret-conned or never fully explained or given justice. I mean all leaders getting the same attention and screen time as Illidan, Thrall or Khadgar currently do. A proper Troll City like a massive one on a similar size if not bigger than say Stormwind, not some broken up isles.

2. World pvp would be amazing 3 or more sides fighting each other and can set the stage for real time world pvp events like taking territory with controlling faction gaining a certain weekly perk and other factions a chance to invade in an pve instanced/dungeon style setting for said perk or similar buff/reward. There can be multiple hubs across the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Wow II shouldn't happen until the average PC or console is fully VR enabled, and by that I mean full 4k or above VR headset along with full tactile response body suit. I want other players to actually feel the heat when I burn them with a fireball and to be winded when I smack them in the chest with a big two hand mace.

I doubt that we will truly see a major advance in the mmorpg scene until full on VR is commonplace. Just imagine wow experienced as if you were there, as a full on total immersion video game.
    VR is too niche

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    200-300 years in.
    New engine
    New setup
    3 factions
    No connection with older characters, other than 'relics' and wealth, and name, of course.
    Many more dimensions and worlds to visit.
    Reduce current classes, apply aprox 3 new classes.
    Switch around, about 5-6 races on each faction.
    On PC only.

*insert generic spam report here*
    Sorry bud, when a game moves on to a "part 2" you usually do NOT get to carry over your wealth. That is wishful thinking. In a new game the economy needs to be 100% reset , carrying over gold does not promote that in the elast bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Set 25.000 years in the future.
    4 factions, no racial restrictions.
    New entire solarsystems to explore.
    Stargates instead of portals.
    Lasers instead of magic.
    Combat in space instead of on the ground.
    Classes are now selected as ships instead of locked in at creation, so you can swap as needed.
    Gear ships instead of character.
    Old lore only vaguely remebered as something that happened a long time ago and no actual information has survived for that long.
    New lore written from the end of WoW 1.
    so world of Starcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Sorry bud, when a game moves on to a "part 2" you usually do NOT get to carry over your wealth. That is wishful thinking. In a new game the economy needs to be 100% reset , carrying over gold does not promote that in the elast bit.

- - - Updated - - -

so world of Starcraft?
    Honestly I don't see an MMO for either Diablo and Starcraft with the direction they seem to be taking those 2 games recently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    So you just want an expansion.

What could WoW 2 possibly bring that this one can't?
    No because an expansion is limited to an outdated engine besides it worked for GW2

Deleted
    Hypothetical discussion because WoW II is unlikely but what would your WoW II be like?

For me:

It would be set 100+ years in the future
    Horde and Alliance are now one faction
    Vastly improved graphics but retaining the art style
    Legacy characters (can import WoW characters over with all mounts toys and mogs exclusive)
    New worlds to visit
    Two new classes
    Two new races
    Available on PC, XBOX & PS
    ROFLMAO

/10c

No because an expansion is limited to an outdated engine besides it worked for GW2
    You know GW2 uses a heavily modded GW1 engine right? Just like WoW uses a heavily modded WC3 engine. So eventually even GW2 will be limited.

Deleted
    I actually think factions are an outdated concept, you don't need it for pvp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You know GW2 uses a heavily modded GW1 engine right? Just like WoW uses a heavily modded WC3 engine. So eventually even GW2 will be limited.
    I'm more going with similar gameplay

Deleted
    I actually think factions are an outdated concept, you don't need it for pvp
    You asked for my opinion...

In my wow 2 I want to feel part of a faction with a background story.

I'm not just out there for a reward (well we are) but the event if completed benefits your faction. It's an mmo if i want to be a mercenary i'll play an fps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    You asked for my opinion...

In my wow 2 I want to feel part of a faction with a background story.

I'm not just out there for a reward (well we are) but the event if completed benefits your faction. It's an mmo if i want to be a mercenary i'll play an fps
    Im not saying your opinion is wrong

They merge Warcraft and starcraft together
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    An expansion and not a stand-alone game.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    OP: Sounds like an x-pac with better graphics ^^ (and people would cry how Ally and Horde as one faction "kills" it)
    Probably but those features wouldn't work as an expansion but then again I don't know many game sequels that completely diverge from the original gameplay

Deleted
    I think that centralisation of power would lead to (a word that wow players and devs love) more homogenisation. Less potrayal of other hero's and just a focus on whoever the leader of the joint Horde/Alliance faction would be.. It's also a bit ya know predictable and dare i say boring?

Everyone working towards a common good requires a common bad guy and after Sargeras and the void lords are gone what do you have next?
    It's that us and them which would get tedious after an expansion.

Blur the lines however, make it so that there is no good or bad guy just multiple interests and point of views and you make for interesting story telling plus a virtually infinite amount of ideas and potential content.

If there was one faction what would happen to world pvp? How could there be pvp if the enemy were all NPC's? Outside of Duelling there is no real player to attack cus you're all on the same side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    I think that centralisation of power would lead to (a word that wow players and devs love) more homogenisation. Less potrayal of other hero's and just a focus on whoever the leader of the joint Horde/Alliance faction would be.. It's also a bit ya know predictable and dare i say boring?

Everyone working towards a common good requires a common bad guy and after Sargeras and the void lords are gone what do you have next?
    It's that us and them which would get tedious after an expansion.

Blur the lines however, make it so that there is no good or bad guy just multiple interests and point of views and you make for interesting story telling plus a virtually infinite amount of ideas and potential content.

If there was one faction what would happen to world pvp? How could there be pvp if the enemy were all NPC's? Outside of Duelling there is no real player to attack cus you're all on the same side.
    TBF I think WPVP is a lost cause however single faction can still have BGs, Arena and PvP free for all zones