Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Also, alot of people mention that i need a diploma for all the jobs, to which i disagree, by saying knowledge, not paper, is important. Am i being fooled, and they just dont want me to join their company, implying i have all the knowledge needed?
    It has nothing to do with knowledge. No business is going to take you seriously if you want a high-paying executive job with no college. I personally agree with you, but I'm also satisfied staying as a worker.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Go to school, get a good job, get physically fit and motivate others to do the same.

There's probably 20 other things I could list for you that are a greater achievement than casting a vote for anyone.
    Did the hell out of that, have had several -have one now, been that way since my teens, and I motivate people to MAGA every day.

Keep them coming.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Yet you consider casting a vote as your single greatest achievement? Again, pretty pathetic.
    Did you read the rest of the back and forth between Nixx and I?

Does it strike you as a conversation laced with particular heavy amounts of seriousness?

I think ...you might have just been a little bit triggered by this one Nexx.
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I work as a material lead at a factory. Showing you're capable of doing more means your job is now harder and you are expected to do it all the time. They LOVE to understaff.
    I mean, it depends on your managers and your company's culture I guess. The company I worked for was always on the look out for good people to promote. Managers took pride in promoting people. It's just different in different places I guess.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fake it till you make it.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    They work pretty well for the Ferengi. Except for Quark. He doesn't seem to do as well as he should be doing.
    Hes more hu-mon than ferengi.

Finding loopholes/uncovering information that most companies would deem detrimental, but finding them helped literally save the company from some sort of financial crisis etc. Just don't pull a Larry and Richard or Bernie might try and have you murdered :x

Not sure why you think I'd be triggered by you failing at life.
    Because the ploy was designed to trigger from the start.

As soon as somebody asks you to list your "life accomplishments" on a video game forum you know the conversation has taken a turn to the silly.

I roll with it wherever it takes me that's the fun of forums.
    MAGA

It's always hilarious to me when people make themselves look dumb and then resort to saying you weren't serious or just calling someone triggered.
    See this was the ploy.

Making you sit there, triggered, trying desperately to hammer in your flawed version of what is and what isn't sarcasm - as if you can read minds - all because fruit of that labor is you being able to convince yourself that you're superior to somebody ...on the internet.

Question is how long are you going to keep it up?

Its your move but I suggest withdrawing.
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    -networking; I got the job I have because the engineering lead of my team was a VP at my previous company. That's not saying I'm some privileged idiot, I've demonstrated my skills to previous employers and they held my work to a standard that they felt that it was sufficient enough to bring on to the new team.
    and this is beautifuly proving that "climbing the ladder" concept is pointless - its all about nepotism and knowing right people - i bet there were 20-30 people wanting this promotion inside the company yet they took complete outsider - you - and put in because you know VP not any of seasoned people who worked their butts off for the company .

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no doubt about that. *Cough* Bill *cough* Gates..(well not a high school dropout, but w/e) Implying you have the knowledge etc. Unless there are any legal requirements, and i really doubt it.
    Yes, there are legal requirements for what can be and has to be on a board of directors for example.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and this is beautifuly proving that "climbing the ladder" concept is pointless - its all about nepotism and knowing right people - i bet there were 20-30 people wanting this promotion inside the company yet they took complete outsider - you - and put in because you know VP not any of seasoned people who worked their butts off for the company .
    And the sooner people accept this, the better they will be. The corporation is not a bank where you have the account for all the deeds you've done, and which you can cash out as a promotion on some day when your "worked my ass off" score reaches a certain level. It's not your to be wife or husband who will say yes to the lifelong marriage when you've done the right things during your first months/years and so on.
    You can get promoted because you're good at your job, the others are just worse, you happened to know the <insert title here> from you previous job, college or as a fishing buddy, because they don't want to "lose" the current workers from their current positions, they think you suit there better as a person, not necessarily by your quantifiable qualifications, the list goes on. Nigh everything can be seen as unfair play if you want it to be so. We as the employees are just cheap-ass toys from ebay that can be used, abused and disposed of for whatever reason they like. It blows, but unless you want to run your own business, not much else to do than to tag along.
    Last edited by ifrah; 2017-01-08 at 10:50 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit some of you paint a pretty fucking bleak version of reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    With what little experience I have so far, the majority of it is being social.
    And this, my friend, is why I learned how to card hole and count cards. I suck so bad at the social side of corporate advancement. I'm terrible at modern society. Fortunately I'm resourceful enough to lean on myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    Im really interested in how one actually climbs corporate ladder and so on. I mean, obviously you can be an inovating entrepreneur, but what about the standard plain boring way.
    Find who's the decision maker and be sure to lick his butt.

It is not a requirement to perform in your current task to be promoted, just work the tasks which are related to where you want to be, skipping your current ones if needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want to point out that the correct way to construct an organization so that it runs as flawlessly as possible is to eliminate people with high social status and eliminate people who gossip (basically the same group). The reason is when you do that, you have a group of people that are just focused on their jobs and not a bunch of crap. Basically, you weed out people who think exactly like the poster I quoted thinks. These are the types of people to eliminate from your organization.

Corruption is defined as people who worry more about social status than their job. Corruption means when a hard decision is to be made, they choose the route that best protects their social status instead of doing the job right.
    But who is going to decide to eliminate these people?

The same people which are good at protecting their social status , gossiping, etc...

It's a battle you already lost.
    Last edited by mmoc00230c3bbe; 2017-01-08 at 11:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Socialize. Educate yourself. Build your case for promotion. Be assertive. Most importantly, be aware of opportunities for climbing the ladder. Sometimes those opportunities are with other employers. Always be searching for another job, essentially(it's easier to find another job while you're employed anyway). Oh and work. Work a lot. Work when you don't have to. Do work that's not necessarily your job description.

Take risks and have an idea of where you want to be. Some people just want a comfortable job and aren't particularly ambitious. That's fine. Oh and be prepared for failure. Lots of failure. You will fail more than you will succeed, always.
    Last edited by Flutterguy; 2017-01-08 at 12:05 PM.

Sucking up to your boss, and your boss's boss will make you go fast up the ladder

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    You probably need a business degree to have hopes of climbing. Obviously you need to make yourself stand out amongst your peers. I doubled my salary at a large bank, starting as customer service (taking 80-100 calls per day). Started at $12/hr and ended up making 52k plus bonus about 3.5 years later. Knowing people helps. Showing ambition helps. Taking on more responsibilities and showing you're capable of more helps. I had a psychology degree but was going to school online at the same time. Learn everything you can about the organization, what it stands for, where it's going, and how you can improve it.
    And nothing of worth was lost or gained.
    Basicly trowing your life away to study non stop.
    Seems nice? Don't think so monetary value of ones worth is 0 .

No one should be striving to be a top dog.
    Top dogs are top dogs because they are born that way rest is annoying lil brats like your self that bother people to gain some more cash and ass kiss the current idiot on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    And nothing of worth was lost or gained.
    Basicly trowing your life away to study non stop.
    Seems nice? Don't think so monetary value of ones worth is 0 .

No one should be striving to be a top dog.
    Top dogs are top dogs because they are born that way rest is annoying lil brats like your self that bother people to gain some more cash and ass kiss the current idiot on the top.
    I must confess, the overall tone here makes me curious what you do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Socialize. Educate yourself. Build your case for promotion. Be assertive. Most importantly, be aware of opportunities for climbing the ladder. Sometimes those opportunities are with other employers. Always be searching for another job, essentially(it's easier to find another job while you're employed anyway). Oh and work. Work a lot. Work when you don't have to. Do work that's not necessarily your job description.

Take risks and have an idea of where you want to be. Some people just want a comfortable job and aren't particularly ambitious. That's fine. Oh and be prepared for failure. Lots of failure. You will fail more than you will succeed, always.
    Zug zug zug?
    Work work work?

When do you have time to live your life if you constantly work?