Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Sorry bud, when a game moves on to a "part 2" you usually do NOT get to carry over your wealth. That is wishful thinking. In a new game the economy needs to be 100% reset , carrying over gold does not promote that in the elast bit.
    Was more with a count at the OP's idea. And I know that, but WoW2 would never really be a new game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    World of Diablo.
    Yeah, I think I'd rather see this than a WoW 2. Someone would have to sell me on an interesting premise of WoW 2 that wouldn't just be more of the same that we've done for 12 years.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    so world of Starcraft?
    More like EVE Online

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Same as wow, except:

Raids would be set at 10m only. No Mythic+, only regular and heroic.
    More 5 mans and raids.
    No flying, mounts can not be purchased, only obtained through quest lines like the pally and lock mount use to be with rare mounts available by raids.
    Quest lines in each zone would have to be completed before opening up new zones.
    To Raid you would have to do the story quest and obtain a key.
    Harder to get to max level.
    CC becomes a very important part of the game in questing and raiding.
    Limit to 5 spells or actions but better CDs to pay attention to including CC.

I could go on, but these are the main things I would like to see change.
    1: Limiting raid size to just 10 man is just stupid..
    2: Limiting how people gain their mounts is dumb as..
    3: In other words how it was originally in WoW.. And well other MMO's tried to do that (Wildstar) and it was not that well recieved..
    4: Like it use to be back in vanilla WoW..
    5: Like it used to be back in vanilla WoW..
    6: Probably the only sensible one you in your list..

All in all most of what you want was in Vanilla WoW..

Deleted
    Thing is you are forgetting that wow is an mmo and story telling is central so how or better yet why would you have BG's if there was a single faction?

Surely it makes no sense to even include pvp in your game?

You want an mmo co-op game or you want wow to retain it's pvp features but with no real story or reason for it.

The only reason world pvp is not a thing is because currently it's not balanced around. Not because it isn't enjoyable.

If you tie it into the world around you you can find that sweet spot where pve and pvp merge. Which acts as an incentive for players to engage in pvp (or pvp zones) to get pve rewards or access to pve dungeons. The isle of Quel'danas is one of the most memorable events for many wow players.

Also you the player will have more affinity with your character and get a chance to identify with your faction.

If there is one big faction and I don't like the leader or his style, the way he/she looks or sounds or any number of reasons and forced to play for that faction cus there is nothing else to choose.

An MMo imo should provide in perfect balance the opportunity to Role play, PvP and PvE non should be mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by mmoc877b2d3d8f; 2017-01-08 at 03:27 PM.

It would not be WoW 2. It would be the next obvious progression:

Galaxies of Starcraft

Set in the future. Have two factions, the living and the undead.

undead versions of all current races. Horde and alliance forced to merge to fight off the undead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Thing is you are forgetting that wow is an mmo and story telling is central so how or better yet why would you have BG's if there was a single faction?

Surely it makes no sense to even include pvp in your game?

You want an mmo co-op game or you want wow to retain it's pvp features but with no real story or reason for it.

The only reason world pvp is not a thing is because currently it's not balanced around. Not because it isn't enjoyable.

If you tie it into the world around you you can find that sweet spot where pve and pvp merge. Which acts as an incentive for players to engage in pvp (or pvp zones) to get pve rewards or access to pve dungeons.

Also you the player will have more affinity with your character and get a chance to identify with your faction.

If there is one big faction and I don't like the leader or his style, the way he/she looks or sounds or any number of reasons and I'm shoe horned in to play for that faaction cus there is nothing else to choose.

An MMo imo should provide in perfect balance the opportunity to Role play, PvP and PvE non should be mutually exclusive.
    FFXIV and GW2 didn't have factions but had PvP

Arena and BGs could be competitive tournaments lorewise. I also don't think WPVP is popular in MMORPGs every PvP MMORPG didn't work well

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    They merge Warcraft and starcraft together
    World of Starwarcraft.. lol

But if anything if Blizz do make a new MMO they need to move away from Warcraft as that has already been done.. You have Diablo, Starcraft and maybe Overwatch, or even a totally new IP..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-01-08 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    FFXIV and GW2 didn't have factions but had PvP

Arena and BGs could be competitive tournaments lorewise. I also don't think WPVP is popular in MMORPGs every PvP MMORPG didn't work well
    And FF14s PvP is absolute shite because the Frontlines until next week sort of did have factions. Grand Companies. Once the restriction is removed I imagine Frontline queues will pick up a bit. Especially with the GARO crossover event coming.

Deleted
    I'm not familiar with those games but you would be ret-conning or dumbing down a bunch of races imo that are already under rep'd.

How would you say provide story or a sense of familarity for a Forsaken player from wow going into wow2? Or any other race save perhaps Humans?

We are all just good guys and get along swell now?

If for example Anduin or someone from his bloodline depending how far in the future you wanna go is elected joint leader of the horde/alliance with some orc dude how will you tell the story of all the other races involved that alliance? Or do you expect everyone to accept the treatment gnome players get?

Genuinely curious
    Last edited by mmoc877b2d3d8f; 2017-01-08 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And FF14s PvP is absolute shite because the Frontlines until next week sort of did have factions. Grand Companies. Once the restriction is removed I imagine Frontline queues will pick up a bit. Especially with the GARO crossover event coming.
    I don't PvP personally but just find factions in WoW retarded lorewise

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds terrible. I do not wanna skip ahead to the future nor having horde and allys be one. The whole plot of WoW is ally against horde...

I'd rather not have it at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    I'm not familiar with those games but you would be ret-conning or dumbing down a bunch of races imo that are already under rep'd.

How would you say provide story or a sense of familarity for a Forsaken player from wow going into wow2? Or any other race save perhaps Humans?

We are all just good guys and get along swell now?
    The point would be factions aren't important, they would still be villains within your faction but ultimately you could be an orc friendly with a dwarf or a tauren hating troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    Sounds terrible. I do not wanna skip ahead to the future nor having horde and allys be one. The whole plot of WoW is ally against horde...
    TBF the whole Ally v Horde was invented for RTS reasons, WoW is all about fighting a common enemy

I would have a new engine, new graphics, Better balancing, Flying mounts and ofcourse a new ip or atleast another one that is not warcraft. Like starcraft or diablo

i'd like it to be an mmorpg with good class design

Muich larger world, comparable size of houses, terrain, cities etc. to the Witcher 3
    set in the future 200 yrs (or set in the past a couple thousand years)
    based around open world RPG gameplay, raiding shouldn't be the main gameplay (similar like vanilla)
    Combat based around positioning, using useful items and rather few spells without core rotations (a combination of vanilla WoW with zelda-style gameplay)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, if it lets us import all our achievements and characters, they might as well just work in the background on a new engine, update everything graphically (daunting task, but if you can import your chars, it needs to be done) and continue as World of Warcraft. making Ally and Horde one faction or moving on 100 years....that can be explained in a pre-patch or in the x-pac itself.
    TBF the import characters was more to satisfy the people that would complain about losing their character

honestly i wouldn't touch an mmo with controller support, not in a million years.

the art style and the graphic fidelity aren't mutually exclusive, the low res textures are part of the art style.

when it comes down to it i wouldn't want a wow 2, i'm happy with them improving the current wow. in other words anything that could be in a hypothetical wow 2 could also just as easily be in wow 1.

there are just some games that should never be molded around a controller, not without over simplifying the ui trimming down the pace and game mechanics even further, as is the case with every game that has controller support. if wow could be played with a controller, it would have happened by now.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-01-08 at 03:55 PM.