Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    1. You were claiming not speaking the official language in public makes one unintegrated.
    Which is obviously nonsense. As we all know, the more linguistically fragmented a nation is, the more cohesive it will be. Diversity is our strength. Repeat the words of power: Diversity is our Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Not sure if sarcastic?
    Yeah, we've arrived at the Poe's Law point where even the most ridiculous statements can be mistaken for something that people actually talk themselves into when trying to resolve cognitive dissonance. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Why is it a problem speak their own language with each others?
    In a public place you speak the language of the country.
    Unless you are tourist with a tour guide.
    Simple rule, they might as well be telling each other who their next victim is for all we know.

No one in public place should be subjugated to listen to foreign language in their own country.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Were not mad silly. We are winning. We are taking our world back. And I think you elitists will be shocked at just how many of us there are. We are the common man. We are everything and this world belongs to us. Brexit won. Trump won. We are taking it all back from you elites.
    It really makes me sad to hear stuff like this. To know that there are people out there who really have no idea what they're doing. Just like the communists, just like the Nazis, they're making the world a worse place... and they doing it with a smile, all the while thinking it's the right thing to do.

But I understand, people just want to belong, to believe in something...

OnT: If you move to a country, it goes without saying that you should do your very best to learn the language and culture. But it's the government of said country's responsibility to make sure that there are opportunities to do so. Taking people in and dropping them off in ghettos isn't doing anyone any favours. If you want to blame someone, blame the government, not the poor saps escaping war etc.
    Last edited by izayoi80; 2017-01-08 at 03:15 PM.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    It really makes me sad to hear stuff like this. To know that there are people out there who really have no idea what they're doing. Just like the communists, just like the Nazis, they're making the world a worse place... and they doing it with a smile, all the while thinking it's the right thing to do.

But I understand, people just want to belong, to believe in something...

OnT: If you move to a country, it goes without saying that you should do your very best to learn the language and culture. But it's the government of said country's responsibility to make sure that there are opportunities to do so. Taking people in and dropping them off in ghettos isn't doing anyone any favours. If you want to blame someone, blame the government, not the poor saps escaping war etc.
    The majority of immigrants in Western countries aren't escaping war, the majority of refugees aren't either.

The responsibility for learning the language and adapting to the local culture by those who moved for economic reasons should lie with those immigrants, immigration should be entirely of benefit to the host nation, not a financial burden. I personally believe that they shouldn't even be allowed to be enter the immigration process unless they have a decent standard of communication in the local language(s).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Simple rule, they might as well be telling each other who their next victim is for all we know.

No one in public place should be subjugated to listen to foreign language in their own country.
    I'll speak the language of the country if I'm speaking to someone who can't understand my language. No reason why people I'm not speaking to has any right to understand what me and my friends are talking about in our language. Must be so frustrating to not be able to eavesdrop.

Never mind that it's not up to you to decide how people can or can't speak with each other, why the hell are you listening to their conversations anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    The entitlement level required to demand resources in a place that one is a guest is really pretty remarkable. I just can't imagine sincerely believing that if another nation is gracious enough to accept me that they also need to extract resources from their native-born citizens to fund my education.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Never mind that it's not up to you to decide how people can or can't speak with each other, why the hell are you listening to their conversations anyway?
    If you've spent a decent amount of time on public transportation, you're familiar with the reality of the discordant projection of foreign language throughout a train. This does not require villainous eavesdropping to detect.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If you've spent a decent amount of time on public transportation, you're familiar with the reality of the discordant projection of foreign language throughout a train. This does not require villainous eavesdropping to detect.
    Yeah, and then after a few seconds it just becomes background noise that you don't notice anymore. How does it affect you in any way what language other people are speaking in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The entitlement level required to demand resources in a place that one is a guest is really pretty remarkable. I just can't imagine sincerely believing that if another nation is gracious enough to accept me that they also need to extract resources from their native-born citizens to fund my education.
    We currently don't check for any proof of entitlement to use the health service or schools in the UK, so effectively anybody can go and use those services entirely free of charge - we don't pay at point of use, it is entirely tax funded.

Naturally there are calls for this to stop, as it costs a lot of money and is easily fixed, but there have been some claiming that it is wrong to ask for proof of entitlement and that we should accept everybody's word that they are allowed to use them.

Yeah, and then after a few seconds it just becomes background noise that you don't notice anymore. How does it affect you in any way what language other people are speaking in?
    I mostly don't care. I'm not personally impacted in any meaningful way. On a broader scale, I'll say that I don't think linguistic fracturing is a good thing for national continuity and detracts from the likelihood of national cohesion when it comes to potentially altruistic policies. I would prefer that people be comfortable with the native tongue of whatever nation they live in and I would generally say that if I had to put publicly speaking other languages down in the ledger as a good or bad thing, it's obvious in the bad thing column. Not strongly so, but clearly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    I'll speak the language of the country if I'm speaking to someone who can't understand my language. No reason why people I'm not speaking to has any right to understand what me and my friends are talking about in our language. Must be so frustrating to not be able to eavesdrop.
    This has nothing to do with eavesdrop.
    This is pure respect for the country you are in and for the people around you who do not speak what ever gibberish dog shit language you are using to convey what ever you are trying to.
    This is purely for protection of foreign idiots doing dumb things.

Lets not fool our self's 20 years ago this would not be a problem and no one would bat an eye.
    But today foreign people drive trucks in to local markets and blow them self's up speaking random none-sense and some foreign language that any sensible PERSON would want to understand what others are saying.

But keep been dumb and closed inside thinking you have any value when you speak random language.
    You do not and i deem you stupid for thinking any one would want ot eaves drop on you, you are not that important outside of my own safety.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2017-01-08 at 04:00 PM.

This is pure respect for the country you are in and for the people around you who do not speak what ever gibberish dog shit language you are using to convey what ever you are trying to.

Lets not fool our self's 20 years ago this would not be a problem and no one would bat an eye.
    But today foreign people drive trucks in to local markets and blow them self's up speaking random none-sense and some foreign language that any sensible PERSON would want to understand what others are saying.

But keep been dumb and closed inside thinking you have any value when you speak random language.
    You do not and i deem you stupid for thinking any one would want ot eaves drop on you, you are not that important outside of my own safety.
    You should really just stick to your native tongue, your English could use some real work. Be glad we don't actually apply any of the silly rules you are proposing, the Internet being part of America of course.

You should really just stick to your native tongue, your English could use some real work. Be glad we don't actually apply any of the silly rules you are proposing, the Internet being part of America of course.
    This is a pretty weak retort - no one in the thread is complaining about accents, dialects, or grammatical failures.

Deleted

People do not have any right to understand what me and friends are talking about. There's no reason for you to listen to us.

You should go fuck a goat.
    English is my 3rd language i speak.
    Grammar police please what is this the year 2000?

what ever gibberish dog shit language. This is purely for protection of foreign idiots doing dumb things. But keep been dumb. i deem you stupid for thinking any one would want ot eaves drop on you, you are not that important outside of my own safety.
    I'm not sure that making an egocentric, misspelled, poorly worded post with terrible grammar is the best way to deem someone else 'stupid.'

English is not the official language of the USA. And your entire post was about eavesdropping -- listening to a conversation that isn't about you and you have no business being a part of -- and then becoming upset because you can't understand it. Regardless of the reason you're eavesdropping, it's still eavesdropping.

And then justifying being upset because "terrorists!!!!!" Really? So anytime you hear a foreign language your thought process is the incredibly small loop that goes "gibberish, arabic, terrorist!!!"? Since you haven't been blown up yet hopefully you realize that you've been wrong 100% of the time thus far.

A terrorist can speak English too. I live in Fort Lauderdale, the guy who shot up the airport wasn't speaking gibberish. And referring to a language as 'dog shit gibberish' simply because you can't understand it is the definition of narrow-minded. Come on.

A stranger doesn't owe you any respect. Respect is earned, and calling people "been dumb" and "stupid" for speaking "gibberish dog shit" isn't the way to get it. It just comes across as being paranoid and small-minded.

'MURICA!!! ENGLASH!!! SPEAKENY SPEAKY MAH LANGAJE!!

By the way, flaming and trolling others is against the terms of service of the board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    But you have no problem thinking that a immigrant have no problem to be a cop, (then requirement to be a cop include language requirements)
    Training can fix this. As someone said, it takes a while to become a cop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Most likely because east-asians are generally seen as hard-working, compared to immigrants from many other places.
    Citation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I posted a thread based on a study to debunk false claims that are propagated from some segments in society.
    How can you call them false claims when they are true in many cases? Just because 100% of migrants are not raping and looting doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. I live in London, perhaps the most multicultural city in the world, and I am fully on board with the notion that not everyone is a scheming racist anti-white anti-western terrorist, because they're not. That doesn't take away from the fact that there are genuinely areas and groups of people who refuse to integrate into the greater British society and would instead prefer to form their own enclaves that make everyone else feel unwelcome. It's cool at first, seeing an area that has such a different culture to yours; then you stay for a bit longer than a week or two and notice that they brought all the problems that messed up their countries with them and make new problems in the process (specifically with regard to how the more devout muslims see a regular british guy heading down the pub whos family has been here for 8 centuries). Not just muslims, all of them. Albanians have their own little groups and enclaves that are hostile to any Serbians or just anyone that isnt them.

Hell, from my primary school days to when I finally moved to university, I'd say at least 50% of the muslim mothers couldn't speak a word of english. My mother couldnt communicate with them, they didnt understand her and thought she was a kafir for not wearing a headscarf. Not to mention that amount of times I was called Kafir being one of only 3 white british people in my year. The one poor jewish guy who kept his religion a secret for a good year was found out when he was 14 and was quickly and mercilessly assaulted after school and had to leave the next week. This is the kind of culture that occurs when there is non-integration. The kids were more integrated than the parents for sure, but they brought their problems with them and this affected everyone else. The kids were 2nd generation and the parents 1st generation.

Plenty of people, especially the ones that came from the waves of immigration while the British Empire was being dismantled, were more than happy to integrate, and theres families that now have 3rd generation immigrants who you wouldn't be able to tell were different from anyone else, regardless of their religion. These recent waves of immigration however, seem to be bringing more trouble than they are worth, especially when half of them are simply abusing the crisis that real syrian refugees are in by saying they are involved in that conflict somehow.

Maybe in rural Canada it looks like people are just racist fascist anti-brown for not letting the poor immigrants who want a better life into their country, but for the rest of us there are issues that are being caused by open-door immigration.

P.S. Was originally going to say Tennisace is just baiting everyone again but I suppose if he/she is going to give a reason for what they post then a proper response is deserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Training can fix this. As someone said, it takes a while to become a cop.
    They would need to speak the language to a sufficiently high standard before they could begin the training, so you are talking 2-3 years police plus the time required for learning the language.

It would be far more sensible to only accept immigrants that have a high level of language proficiency into the country.