Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only terrorists here are the israelis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I never said it was. I said I don't expect the Palestinian's to be happy about it and nobody should. Obviously it's too late to unmake Israel, which would have been the easiest solution, as there are Israelis there who have never known another home. It should have never been made in the first place, but what's done is done. Now we need to find a peaceful resolution to this conflict, which unless we want to engage in genocide, is going to require us to humanize and sympathize with the Palestinians to some degree and not just the Israelis. I don't expect or want anyone to support or genuinely wave away the terrorism carried about by the likes of Hamas, but we also need to ditch the rather colonial attitude of "Why aren't you OK with how your conquerors abuse you?"

- - - Updated - - -

If they feel they're being horribly mistreated by their new overlords, I would understand if they did.
    If Israel was unmade the situation would be reversed with Jewish terrorists bombing Palestinians and probably the British. Just like they were doing throughout World War II and before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I never said it was. I said I don't expect the Palestinian's to be happy about it and nobody should. Obviously it's too late to unmake Israel, which would have been the easiest solution, as there are Israelis there who have never known another home. It should have never been made in the first place, but what's done is done. Now we need to find a peaceful resolution to this conflict, which unless we want to engage in genocide, is going to require us to humanize and sympathize with the Palestinians to some degree and not just the Israelis. I don't expect or want anyone to support or genuinely wave away the terrorism carried about by the likes of Hamas, but we also need to ditch the rather colonial attitude of "Why aren't you OK with how your conquerors abuse you?"

- - - Updated - - -

If they feel they're being horribly mistreated by their new overlords, I would understand if they did.
    כשנשאלה מה היא חושבת על כך שהפך לשהיד ענתה: "השבח לאל, אנחנו מודים לאלוהים על כך. זה מות הקדושים היפה ביותר".

The terrorists sister after she was asked what she thinks about her brothers martyrdom: "Allah be praised, we are grateful to Allah for that. this is the most beautiful martyrdom".

Sympathize with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    The only terrorists here are the israelis.
    Sorry we do not roll over and die for your amusement.

This is starting to get very racist against semites. Endus to close in 3.2.1....
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Live in fear, that will show the terrorists! Pathetic.

I love how we've always got two extremes in this sort of thing: The idiots who think religion is the only motivation, and the idiots who ignore it entirely.
    Well, in the case of ISIS, (which I realize this probably isn't) religion is very close to the only motivation.

And before anyone jumps on me for saying that, I'm not saying religion as a whole is bad or even generalizing Islam as bad. It's incontrovertible fact though that ISIS is motivated almost entirely by religion. They literally wrote a damn book explaining what motivates them to do what they do. Listen to a smart guy talk about the subject for a bit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ToLv3rt1M

If you want more, a former Muslim did an entire video series on ISIS. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...qvqwcOML6PS0Ty

I wonder wtf it would take to get peace in the Middle East... Say what you will, but I've been hearing about wars and conflict and explosions in those areas of the world since I was old enough to pick such matters up. My dad = the same (60's/70's).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Sorry we do not roll over and die for your amusement.
    So you are a Jew? Explains your bias at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I wonder wtf it would take to get peace in the Middle East... Say what you will, but I've been hearing about wars and conflict and explosions in those areas of the world since I was old enough to pick such matters up. My dad = the same (60's/70's).
    A massive global change. Either something good on the level of the Enlightenment or something bad like nuclear war.

I can hardly call it a terrorist attack, only harmed people were soldiers on duty(unless i misread). If this is a terrorist attack then so were all the resistance fighters who fought the nazis in nazi occupied countries during WW2
    Last edited by Xarathan; 2017-01-08 at 05:12 PM.

I don't know what to do about Israel, I throw up my hands.

There were some Jews in Palestine back in the 1800's even, like 5% of the population far as I know these Jews didn't have problems with their neighbors. After WWI European Jews flooded Palestine, buying up land. Okay, they bought the land, it's their's. European Jews had a lot of problems with the locals. WWII saw millions of Jewish Europeans refugees fleeing Europe who wound up in Palestine, they started Israel. There is some debate if Palestine was ever a country.

Too bad we couldn't have got the European Jews to settle in Miami Florida or something.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-01-08 at 06:01 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    So you are a Jew? Explains your bias at least.
    My bias? Truck rams into a bunch of people in my country and I am angry about it... The "bias", are of bad in your head?

You expect me to be tolerant about it, are you kidding me?

10+ Year Old Account
    The terrorist attacked soldiers of an occupying army and not civilians so I'm not super upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    After 2nd World War every country in Europe had their borders shifted, just look at Germany and Poland...Germany lost large part of their country to Poland and Poland to Ukraine. Should Germany and Poland go to war about their lost land?
    Why do you think Poland was pretty much a Russian state through USSR's existence? Polish didn't like it and were not quiet about it.

Also, the Ukrainian comparison doesn't really cover the issue there. The real fun starts when you say the country that did it at the time. There was no Ukrain to take anything from Poland. USSR took a portion of Poland for it self, which now that Ukraine has left, is part of Ukraine. Making it actually that Russia owes Ukrainian land to Poland. But, a conflict between Poland and Ukraine are unlikely. We have a very strong bond due to shared interest in partisan assaults against communist oppression.

Ukrainian language is actually pretty close to a mix of Russian and Polish. With an added fun part being that Kiev, the current capital of Ukraine, was the capital of Russia before Moscow or what ever name St Petersburg had at the time.

Russian history is actually pretty interesting... Russian people's tact of 'screw you guys, I'm going east' resulted in some of the biggest defeats of people on the cusp of taking over the world... if there was ever a sign to represent a force that historically stood in the way of world conquest... it would be an 85 year old looking grandmother in a scarf, dragging her belonging behind her in a blizzard...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Warrior View Post
    If Israel was unmade the situation would be reversed with Jewish terrorists bombing Palestinians and probably the British. Just like they were doing throughout World War II and before it.
    Jews were bombing the British during WW2? Did you learn history from a shoe?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    כשנשאלה מה היא חושבת על כך שהפך לשהיד ענתה: "השבח לאל, אנחנו מודים לאלוהים על כך. זה מות הקדושים היפה ביותר".

The terrorists sister after she was asked what she thinks about her brothers martyrdom: "Allah be praised, we are grateful to Allah for that. this is the most beautiful martyrdom".

Sympathize with that.
    Why would (sy/e)mpathizing with that be difficult? There are plenty of people in the US who think they should have every right to slaughter someone who intrudes into their home. And that's without any extra religious beliefs to bolster their position...

It was tragic , however, I cannot be mad at Palestinians who want to retaliate. IMO it's not the right way, but can't say it's a wrong one either.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Jews were bombing the British during WW2? Did you learn history from a shoe?
    Only British Civilians and officials living in Palistine for the duration of WW2. They shifted their attention from Soldiers because they didn't want to harm the war effort. The second the war turned against the Nazi's they started bombing British soldiers again.

One group of terrorists actually tried to ally with Hitler in exchange for Israel. (This was before all the mass extermination stuff came out, Hitler didn't reply).

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Illegal by whose standards again? yeah..
    I bet you cry that Russia took Ukraine crimea right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Why would (sy/e)mpathizing with that be difficult? There are plenty of people in the US who think they should have every right to slaughter someone who intrudes into their home. And that's without any extra religious beliefs to bolster their position...
    So we should sympathize with religious extremism now, with people who murder others in the name of religion?

Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    Illegal by whose standards again? yeah..

By UN standards