Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

How common is "no sex before marriage" in your place?

Have encountered a fair share of those women through my life, trying to figure out just how they think that's going to even work out. Like, how to deal with it if you're not really meshing sexually after you're married? Divorce them then? Why not just have sex before marriage to make sure you're even compatible with eachother?

i think in my area its the other way around. I dont know of a single person that never had sex before marriage. I think this is a muslim thing?

Not very common. I think it was more common in my parent's day.

We're conservative Democrats, religious and we're like rabbits. It's disgusting.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

If "not really meshing sexually" destroys your marriage, then it was a pretty weak marriage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    If "not really meshing sexually" destroys your marriage, then it was a pretty weak marriage.
    That's quite absurd. If you're not enjoying sex with a partner then the rest of the relationship is going to suffer as an effect of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    A number of Cypriot girls were determined to stay virgins until they got married, so they only gave blow jobs and took it up the arse. I think they misunderstood the spirit of the virginity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i think in my area its the other way around. I dont know of a single person that never had sex before marriage. I think this is a muslim thing?
    I dont think so. Practicing christians dont have sex before marriage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    A number of Cypriot girls were determined to stay virgins until they got married, so they only gave blow jobs and took it up the arse. I think they misunderstood the spirit of the virginity thing.
    lol, this also happens in very conservative countries. In fact look up hymenoplasty and the countries that use it most.. very sad.

Deleted
    Pretty sure there's multiple studies indicating that people/couples who had more partners before getting married, are more likely to be unhappy during marriage and thus more likely to get divorced. So it is very likely that it works the opposite way you described it: People with less/no previous partners, probably don't really care if their sex life is not "meshing" well, and they're happy that way.

For some people, sex isn't everything. It is definitely becoming more rare that people take this stance though, and even if they do, usually doesn't last. I blame society as a whole. In the end, if such studies are correct, it only makes people more unhappy, but isn't necessarily wrong that people do it anyway.

I tried looking up said studies, but came across a bunch of dead links. Gimme a sec here.

EDIT: Not exactly what I was looking for, but relevant: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/...56797612442550
    Couldn't find what I wanted, sadly.
    Last edited by mmoc1b6cea73f4; 2017-01-08 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mainly encountered it in high school. Knew lots of girls (and guys) that were saving themselves and even my ex was like that. Soon as they all graduated and moved away all of that stopped and they started opening up to the idea that sex isn't some scary thing that should only be saved for "the one".

i dont think that this is real, i dont even know a praticing christian that doesnt masturbate D:

10+ Year Old Account
    non-existent
    [/URL]

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Youngins around me say they're saving themselves for marriage, but the teen pregnancy rates in my county say otherwise.

7+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't a thing even when I was young, lol.

This is one of those things people say they wanna do then don't or outright lie about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Never known a christian to actually follow through with that stunted garbage, most grow out of it in their teenage years.

I'm sure there are some though who tell themselves that's why they're not having sex, even though in reality there are many other reasons it isn't happening for them.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    No marriage before sex is a very important rule that should be respected. How else are you going to find out if you want to spend the rest of your life with someone if you've never been intimate with them?

Wait... you were asking about it the other way around? What, are you crazy?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

eeh there was one girl in my class in what's equivalent to high school, which was the first and only girl I've encountered that was like this.. and it was because of some religious reasons. I live in Denmark and like 95% of the youth are atheists and basicly no one "saves themselves for the one". Even the other people I know that have some sort of religious believes doesn'st do this :P

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post

- - - Updated - - -

lol, this also happens in very conservative countries. In fact look up hymenoplasty and the countries that use it most.. very sad.
    I am a practicing christ, catholic type. I go to church nearly every sunday. i pray and i confess regularly.

but i had sex, am not married and i even had sex with myself. i dont recall ever beeing told by a priest or religion teacher to have to enter marriage as virgin. The only stuff i know of is that priests are not allowed to marriage (they are married to god / the church on a sacrament thats the same level as marriage). But even priests are allowed to have sex. (although its a sin, as they are cheating on the church, if found out they will get into some troubles, but nothing severe)

Deleted
    In my place, the no sex after marriage is quite common.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Never known a christian to actually follow through with that stunted garbage, most grow out of it in their teenage years.

I'm sure there are some though who tell themselves that's why they're not having sex, even though in reality there are many other reasons it isn't happening for them.
    Strangely enough I have known a lot. Depends on the country and denomination I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    /agree

Because if sex is that big of a deal for you, something else will happen to make sex the reason your marriage falls apart anyway. It will lose its luster, you'll get bored, it'll lose that 'wow' effect, etc.

Better to marry someone for whom sex doesn't matter that much -- there are numerous other difficulties and challenges in a relationship to overcome without sex being one of them.

/opinion