Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    There is plenty of punishment if you fuck up your BW opener and every BW window in the fight. People saying just spam anything off CD = winning at BM are just retarded. I'm in no way saying BM is hard to play but it has much more thought going into it than just spamming anything off GCD/is glowing.
    That doesn't come close to what little other specs have left to manage.

1. The main goal is to use KC/BW/Direbeast as often as possible
    2. You have no control over your focus generation because of 1.
    3. You don't have to manage target uptime because most of your stuff is instant, has range and your pet is doing that for you
    4. you don't have to worry about GCD usage because you can use every GCD whenever you like and even if you run out of range for some reason, it doesn't always matter because you have downtime anyway.
    5. How do you even fuck up a BW window, by using Cobra 2 times in a row?

It's not even unlikely that you could not use Cobra outside of BW at all (and thus never fucking anything up at all) and still get a 90-99% parse. Because that's how little Cobra does.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-08 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Just bashing buttons is clearly not optimal but that does not mean the spec is hard.
    And again, it is by far the easiest spec even though there are other specs that are quite easy to do ok with as well.

You do however get super defensive every damn time someone complains about the BM spec.
    Not really sure why.
    And you always go on the offensive about BM. So why is that fine but me defending isn't? I never claimed BM is hard, just the part where people say you can spam anything and do just as well as someone who actually thinks about what they are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post

3. You don't have to manage target uptime because most of your stuff is instant, has range and your pet is doing that for you
    4. you don't have to worry about GCD usage because you can use every GCD whenever you like and even if you run out of range for some reason, it doesn't always matter because you have downtime anyway.
    Well if you follow the spam everything off GCD approach that everyone says you can do on BM then you'll have no focus or other CD's to use during BW. But no, lets spam everything off CD and having nothing for the burst window where all BM damage comes from.

Deleted
    And in what universe did you see me saying anything like that in that post?

I actually said it's easer because you don't have to spam everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    And you always go on the offensive about BM. So why is that fine but me defending isn't? I never claimed BM is hard, just the part where people say you can spam anything and do just as well as someone who actually thinks about what they are doing.
    I am indeed annoyed that they made the spec so braindead.
    I would really like the WoD version back or just have them remake it to something more intresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    What about it is true? I'm not saying BM is hard, it's not, but there is nothing hard what so ever about shooting Aimed Shot within the right time and using True Shot properly.

And BM is hardly difficult, but let's not act as if you can just spam all the buttons in between Bestial Wraths. If you do that you'll end up focus starved and give up damage because you can't cast Kill Command on cool down.
    Only hard part about MM is timing your shots within vulnerable window, and plan your movement accordingly, its not the class/spec you have to master but the fights in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    There is no skill cap in BM. The best way to maximize your DPS is to just hit whatever comes off CD, only needing to really conserve for the BW phase. It's so bad that BM has major downtime in it's rotation where you don't have much you can do.

You are right that you have to use your CDs more frequently, but that isn't challenging. You literally just want to use it the moment it's off CD in nearly every scenario. Trueshot you need to plan accordingly or you lose a ton of DPS that it provides. If I mess BW up slightly, it isn't as big of a deal that one time vs that one Trueshot I messed up which will tank my DPS. There is also way more RNG involved in the MM rotation for procs and since the majority of MM is still spaming AiS positioning is 100% more important than it is with BM. BM actually winds up being the best ranged for movement, EVER, because you don't have to cast anything. Honestly is Cobra was still a casted shot that might help with the downtime that is felt, but even then it really wouldn't be changing too much.

BM is mechanically easier, has an easier rotation and don't have to deal with the stupid RNG elements MM has to.

Don't believe anyone thinks that BM is a spec that requires elite skills to play, but that can be said with every other class/spec in the game. Granted, BM might have a semi-easy learning curve compared to some of the other specs out there, but in reality, none of those other spec require highly set of elite skills to play/master.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post

It's not even unlikely that you could not use Cobra outside of BW at all (and thus never fucking anything up at all) and still get a 90-99% parse. Because that's how little Cobra does.
    1. the main goal of mm is to use sidewinder procs/markedshot/barrage/windburst as often as possible , see what i did there? whats the difference?

2. i dont understand whats your point here

3. i dont understand this point either

4. whatt?

5. this can happen with gnomesequencer if you spam 1 button , it may skip kill command due to gcd and jump to cobra shot again

I think not using cobra shot outside of bw is a dps loss but i dont know how much dps loss it is.

Look at keybinding

as mm i have to keybind

aimedshot+marked shot macro / siderwinders / barrage / windburst / trueshot , thats 5 skills and 3-4 of them require casting which make it optimal to keybind on the keyboard since you wont have to move and cast at the same time , also you dont even have to worry about your aoe.

As bm i have to keybind

Dire beast / kill command / cobra shot / murder of crows / multishot / aspect of the wild.

Aoe is more complex as bm because it change dynamically your rotation and you have to monitor stuff , bw phases require perfection to maximize dps and cds are more frequent than mm , i still dont understand why mm is harder. I dont neccesarily say that bm is hard but what im saying is that mm is not really hard with proper weak aura setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Houludini View Post
    Only hard part about MM is timing your shots within vulnerable window, and plan your movement accordingly, its not the class/spec you have to master but the fights in particular.
    You left out the part where MM (even BM for that matter) REQUIRES the RNG gods to favor you with the RIGHT legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    1. the main goal of mm is to use sidewinder procs/markedshot/barrage/windburst as often as possible , see what i did there? whats the difference?

2. i dont understand whats your point here

3. i dont understand this point either

4. whatt?

5. this can happen with gnomesequencer if you spam 1 button , it may skip kill command due to gcd and jump to cobra shot again

I think not using cobra shot outside of bw is a dps loss but i dont know how much dps loss it is.

Look at keybinding

as mm i have to keybind

aimedshot+marked shot macro / siderwinders / barrage / windburst / trueshot , thats 5 skills and 3-4 of them require casting which make it optimal to keybind on the keyboard since you wont have to move and cast at the same time , also you dont even have to worry about your aoe.

As bm i have to keybind

Dire beast / kill command / cobra shot / murder of crows / multishot / aspect of the wild.

Aoe is more complex as bm because it change dynamically your rotation and you have to monitor stuff , bw phases require perfection to maximize dps and cds are more frequent than mm , i still dont understand why mm is harder. I dont neccesarily say that bm is hard but what im saying is that mm is not really hard with proper weak aura setup.
    It's okay if you don't understand it, that's why BM is cool for you or anyone trying to defend it's playstyle.

"1." wasn't even meant as a downside or anything, not sure why are trying to make it look like one.
    It's the lack of any interaction whatsoever between these skills that make the spec awful.
    You don't have to watch *anything* you just press these 3 skills whenever they are up, maybe you can align a cooldown or two, but that's about it. Cobra is the only skill you don't press like a maniac, but it's also the only skill that does basically nothing outside of BW.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-08 at 08:44 PM.

The only thing that makes MM harder is that as MM you have to plan your movement out as a caster would do. BM can just do their rotation while running around in circles and jumping on the spot. As far as the rotations go, they are both very simple compared to all other ranged classes. The only other ranged class that comes close to the simplicity of hunter is Elemental Shaman, and their optimal rotation is becoming a lot more complex in 7.1.5.

Not filler with cobra shot outside of bw is about 20k dps loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Not filler with cobra shot outside of bw is about 20k dps loss.
    I thought it'd be higher but that's ridicilously low. Obviously you want to get what you can get.... but you know, that's basically not even the difference between having a good or bad day.

they're both badly designed and boring as fuck. who cares which one is harder to play..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    they're both badly designed and boring as fuck. who cares which one is harder to play..

it's not about which is harder, but which is unplayable because of how poorly and boring they are designed in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    What about it is true? I'm not saying BM is hard, it's not, but there is nothing hard what so ever about shooting Aimed Shot within the right time and using True Shot properly.

And BM is hardly difficult, but let's not act as if you can just spam all the buttons in between Bestial Wraths. If you do that you'll end up focus starved and give up damage because you can't cast Kill Command on cool down.
    It's the fact that Aimed cannot be cast on the move. Movement hampers MM and you have to prioritize your positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by dethstalker View Post
    You left out the part where MM (even BM for that matter) REQUIRES the RNG gods to favor you with the RIGHT legendaries.
    That doesn't add to skill cap though, RNG is just that...RNG. I wasn't commenting on that :-)

Again, there are so many BM vs. MM threads that this new thread didn't need creating to hash over the same arguments again. Closing.

P.S. you should be keybinding in all specs to play optimally.