Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @almara2512 Thing is you virtually never need more aoe, as that is one of the most plentiful things you tend to have in raid. Burst aoe specifically there are significantly stronger classes for it, that dwarf what demo is capable of. You only need so many people to be aoeing ever in a fight, so you're better served having the classes who are better at it doing that job, and you doing the dmg they can't do or would have to sacrifice more for.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    You can barely fill 2 action bars worth with often used spells as is.
    You obviously aren't playing affliction this expansion :^)
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Deleted
    I don't think Legion Warlock is asking too much of you to just write a couple of pet command macros into your spells, so I don't get what the issue is with nerfed sacrifice.

Lots of people don;t like pets. Basically they are just a dot with liabilities. The AI can be very flakey when it comes to target switching, Avoidance isn;t all that reliable (though it's much better than it was in BC/Wrath when pets died with distressing frequency)

Pathing can be a right pain with pets. Particularly in somethinglike a M+ when you're trying to sidestep in a place like Court, or jumping down to avoid spiders etc.

One reason people run with Supremacy Doomguard is that it's ranged. I don;t like the idea of affliction having to rely on that dumbass dog, which for one thing doesn;t have a gap closer. And also have a ramp component, since Shadow Bite is reliant on the number of dots you have. It's a horrid thing for target switching, and is probably better lef ton passive and directly commanded to attack the boss so that it doesn;t do anything else.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Legion Warlock is asking too much of you to just write a couple of pet command macros into your spells, so I don't get what the issue is with nerfed sacrifice.

Unless you play affliction lol
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-01-08 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    You obviously aren't playing affliction this expansion :^)
    The post I responded too was about destruction in context. Obviously soul effigy focus cast macros are an entirely different beast. I wouldn't say affliction without soul effigy is that populated anyways.

Deleted
    The post I responded too was about destruction in context. Obviously soul effigy focus cast macros are an entirely different beast. I wouldn't say affliction without soul effigy is that populated anyways.
    tbh my Aff/Demo/Destro bars are all about equal in the number of bindings. I use 5 bars total and I think I have 4 filled but that includes everything from food/flask to professions to mounts etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @almara2512 Thing is you virtually never need more aoe, as that is one of the most plentiful things you tend to have in raid. Burst aoe specifically there are significantly stronger classes for it, that dwarf what demo is capable of. You only need so many people to be aoeing ever in a fight, so you're better served having the classes who are better at it doing that job, and you doing the dmg they can't do or would have to sacrifice more for.
    this is very true, i just think ppl are greatly underestimating demo's capabilities, and if you have the doom belt too then your capabilities for sustained aoe and even cleave becomes very good as well, not destro lvl cleaves but certainly better than afflic, i think a lot of ppl look at demo and think its a ST spec but it really isnt.

- - - Updated - - -

luckily, effigy becomes a lot less important for afflic next patch as you would not take it with MG since it will reduce the uptime on MG, and suddenly SC and PS(especially after the buff) becomes very good options.

All the specs of warlock seens really strong in this patch, honestly I really hope this work can endurace the rest of the expansion which is not gonna be short unlike wod.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Lots of people don;t like pets. Basically they are just a dot with liabilities. The AI can be very flakey when it comes to target switching, Avoidance isn;t all that reliable (though it's much better than it was in BC/Wrath when pets died with distressing frequency)

Pathing can be a right pain with pets. Particularly in somethinglike a M+ when you're trying to sidestep in a place like Court, or jumping down to avoid spiders etc.

One reason people run with Supremacy Doomguard is that it's ranged. I don;t like the idea of affliction having to rely on that dumbs dog...
    Pretty much this. Pet AI is horrible (still). Macros only help so much. I can't count the number of times I've seen my imp or doomguard in past expansions suddenly stop casting or have patching issues or swap to another target too quickly/slowly. I like that they fixed the deaths from early xpacs. But destro and AFF just feel so much better without a pet (though I don't mind Doomy too much this xpac, he's not a deal breaker or anything).
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2017-01-08 at 09:09 PM.

Lul question:

Does Malefic Grasp increase Drain Soul damage? (It's a yes or no question btw)
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    this is very true, i just think ppl are greatly underestimating demo's capabilities, and if you have the doom belt too then your capabilities for sustained aoe and even cleave becomes very good as well, not destro lvl cleaves but certainly better than afflic, i think a lot of ppl look at demo and think its a ST spec but it really isnt.

- - - Updated - - -

luckily, effigy becomes a lot less important for afflic next patch as you would not take it with MG since it will reduce the uptime on MG, and suddenly SC and PS(especially after the buff) becomes very good options.
    Yeah with the demo belt on trash packs in EN like the ones before dragons with doom on the entire pack i can hold well over a mil dps with a single target spec. Lots of dooms with lots of minions is good for a huge burst of deeps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Yeah with the demo belt on trash packs in EN like the ones before dragons with doom on the entire pack i can hold well over a mil dps with a single target spec. Lots of dooms with lots of minions is good for a huge burst of deeps.
    yeah and in 7.1.5, its only going to get better with impending doom getting a 3 sec duration reduction for faster ticks

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Lul question:

Does Malefic Grasp increase Drain Soul damage? (It's a yes or no question btw)
    Technically no, it does a portion of dot dmg every time drain soul ticks. So you can view it either way.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Uhm, I think the only fight where you would want to play Demo, if you had the choice, would be on ST fights, like Guarm, Nythendra.
    If you want to play ST in Nighthold, play affliction. A lot of people all expansion have been greatly underestimating how strong Demo 3 target cleave is w/ Implosion. The ST loss from not taking Improved dreadstalkers isn't nearly as big as you would think it is. Implosion doesn't necessarily mean AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    If you want to play ST in Nighthold, play affliction. A lot of people all expansion have been greatly underestimating how strong Demo 3 target cleave is w/ Implosion. The ST loss from not taking Improved dreadstalkers isn't nearly as big as you would think it is. Implosion doesn't necessarily mean AoE.
    Uh it kinda does since you sacrifice the imps to do the implosions, and imps are 25 % of your damage .. and at the same time implosion then has anti syngergy with your demon bolt, thatkiels, mastery stat legendary belt and the list goes on.

It appears they have fixed the interaction between CDF and Havoc on the PTR. CDF is no longer affected by havoc.

https://streamable.com/qfbya
    Last edited by Toastiekins; 2017-01-09 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    It appears they have fixed the interaction between CDF and Havoc on the PTR. CDF is no longer affected by havoc.

https://streamable.com/qfbya
    Well that's lame. Was looking forward to shenanigans

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    Uh it kinda does since you sacrifice the imps to do the implosions, and imps are 25 % of your damage .. and at the same time implosion then has anti syngergy with your demon bolt, thatkiels, mastery stat legendary belt and the list goes on.
    that depends entirely on how you use it tho.

Deleted
    that depends entirely on how you use it tho.
    Not really, you will always murder IMPs before they expire, thus lowering the damage of Doombelt/Demonbolt/Mastery. You can minimize this with proper play but you will always lose some, thus anti-synergy is the right word for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Not really, you will always murder IMPs before they expire, thus lowering the damage of Doombelt/Demonbolt/Mastery. You can minimize this with proper play but you will always lose some, thus anti-synergy is the right word for it.
    which is made up by the fact that you get more dmg from implosion'ing imps with 2ish secs left, and im fairly sure that 2 secs of firebolts on 1 target is significantly less than 4 imploding imps on 3+ targets and you have more than enough time to get 4 new imps out b4 your doom ticks.

which is made up by the fact that you get more dmg from implosion'ing imps with 2ish secs left, and im fairly sure that 2 secs of firebolts on 1 target is significantly less than 4 imploding imps on 3+ targets and you have more than enough time to get 4 new imps out b4 your doom ticks.
    You have to compare Implosion vs. Impending Doom and Improved Dreadstalkers, not Implosion vs. nothing.
    With Imp DS, you have 2 extra imps - +36% demonbolt damage, +10% doom damage with belt.
    With Impending Doom, on a 5 minute fight, you get ~25 Doom ticks instead of ~20, which means 5 more shards to spend and 25 more imps.

Also, only Implosion has a GCD cost on that talent tier.