Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    2p bonus is pretty weak so they buffed it a bit.

It has nothing to do with Destruction mechanics and such.

People thinking that a set bonus is bad because it only allows more incinerate really doesn't know how strong that can be.
    On my last Nythendra kill I did 450k dps and casted 42 chaos bolts. Imagine if I casted one every 4 seconds (granted that would probably be a bit of a waste with Eradication) that would be a lot of extra incinerates. Probably somewhere in the area of 10-20 extra, each doing 200-250k more damage. That's a lot of extra DPS.

I agree it's not a very interesting set bonus and hell probably not even that good, but to say it's outright useless is definitely not true

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    I agree it's not a very interesting set bonus
    I dunno that I'd agree with that, have you futsed around with it on the PTR? It's something you have to actively think about and changes how you spend shards / use conflagrate (assuming you aren't using RB) since its something you want to maximize. It brings back the whole trying to bank and burst, just in tinier windows.

I actually like both destro set bonuses since they alter your play in tiny bits.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I dunno that I'd agree with that, have you futsed around with it on the PTR? It's something you have to actively think about and changes how you spend shards / use conflagrate (assuming you aren't using RB) since its something you want to maximize. It brings back the whole trying to bank and burst, just in tinier windows.

I actually like both destro set bonuses since they alter your play in tiny bits.
    Yeah I have tested it out and I think it's a bit annoying when you combine it with Eradication since the set bonus is 4 seconds and eradication is 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    Yeah I have tested it out and I think it's a bit annoying when you combine it with Eradication since the set bonus is 4 seconds and eradication is 6 seconds.
    Frankly I don't think its realistic to try to maximize eradication up time, as opposed to just maximizing everything else and letting eradication do as well as it can. Completely ignoring eradication on live I end up with a 70+% up time, and I doubt I can realistically eek that much more out and if I tried it'd be at the expense of maximizing other things like backdraft.

This will especially become a problem with RB, since RB decides when you generate shards which means you HAVE to dump shards before you generate in order to avoid munching or delaying. Pretty much no matter how you slice it you'll have to use *something* in the kit sub-optimally since many things in our kit are competing, and I don't think eradication is worth sacrificing other things for when you still end up with such a high up time.

Deleted
    How does the set bonus work exactly? Is it a snapshot? If I start casting the chaos bolt within the 4 second frame then is the full cast time reduced or do I need to finish the cast before the 4 seconds run out to get the full bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Leia View Post
    How does the set bonus work exactly? Is it a snapshot? If I start casting the chaos bolt within the 4 second frame then is the full cast time reduced or do I need to finish the cast before the 4 seconds run out to get the full bonus?
    It's a buff, and you just need to start the cast no different than any other cast time effect (backdraft for instance).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It's a buff, and you just need to start the cast no different than any other cast time effect (backdraft for instance).
    But you get the buff when your first CB cast is finished, I hope. Not when it lands, right? Otherwise we will have another Soulfire issue like back in the days :0

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    But you get the buff when your first CB cast is finished, I hope. Not when it lands, right? Otherwise we will have another Soulfire issue like back in the days :0
    Correct, when it completes.

So funny story...I just got this 2 set. I also got the trinket off of Chronomatic Anomaly and my haste (when things proc, I have the CoS / Arcway 2 set 3k haste proc shoulders) varies throughout a fight, of course. In addition to me having Backdraft AND when lust is popped I see my GCD fall to 0.9. I noticed that I (and this is a personal thing) tend to get a bit panicky when I get overloaded with shards cause there is so much I want to do. Especially with all the haste, I know I may have been capping.

I have since switched to Roaring Blaze and it seems to have evened out things a little. I may have to switch to Reverse Entropy instead of Empowered Life Tap....though I am not sure since I don't know better choice between 0.5 sec reduction on CB or 10% damage. My DPS with RB is fine right now, around 500-600k, higher with cleave and stuff. I will do some more testing since I have our 2nd raid night tonight. So far I am liking this stuff though! DPS is insane!