Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Cutting Edge : Xavius

It's going away this upcoming reset, right?

With the release of nighthold, the week after

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    With the release of nighthold, the week after
    Is this confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Articon92 View Post
    Is this confirmed?
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/11...ng-edge-xavius

"Defeat Xavius in the Emerald Nightmare on Mythic difficulty, before the opening of the Nighthold."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Articon92 View Post
    Is this confirmed?
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-24

"As another note, this means that Cutting Edge: Xavius and Ahead of the Curve: Xavius will become unobtainable with the release of Nighthold on January 17."
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

A bit strange... you were able to get Cutting Edge for Highmaul all the way up until the release of 6.2.

But it makes sense, EN has been relevant for about as long as most tiers despite the lack of a tier being associated with it.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2017-01-09 at 01:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    A bit strange... you were able to get Cutting Edge for Highmaul all the way up until the release of 6.2.

But it makes sense, EN has been relevant for about as long as most tiers despite the lack of a tier being associated with it.
    It's been what.. 3 months? That's a VERY short tier. But yeah, no actual tier set associated with it, so.. Eh.

I'm fairly happy I got my CE achievement already, and I thought it was a decent change distraction, even if only that

10+ Year Old Account

I didn't really raid in WoD but I get the impression that Imperator would have been still somewhat of a challenge even at the end of 6.1, Xavius seems to be fairly easy compared to that. I'd say it's fair.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-01-08 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I didn't really raid in WoD but I get the impression that Imperator would have been still somewhat of a challenge even at the end of 6.1, Xavius seems to be fairly easy compared to that. I'd say it's fair.
    Yeah, Imp was a much more difficult encounter than Xavius. My guild spent nearly a month working on him before BRF was released and we still had to spend a few days working on him after we killed M-Kromog (and that was with tier bonuses and BRF trinkets).

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It's been what.. 3 months? That's a VERY short tier. But yeah, no actual tier set associated with it, so.. Eh.

I'm fairly happy I got my CE achievement already, and I thought it was a decent change distraction, even if only that
    I like to call it pretier raids. MSV/HM/EN are what I consider pretier. I just dont understand why the term isn't widespread. I wasn't the first one to call it pretier. I first heard the term when MSV was around but at this point people should know what a pretier raid and tier raid is.

It's a shame we haven't even had the first tier of raiding in legion yet... Last time we had HM for what, 7+ months and they were like "lol BRF is 6.0 content nubs"

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    I like to call it pretier raids. MSV/HM/EN are what I consider pretier. I just dont understand why the term isn't widespread. I wasn't the first one to call it pretier. I first heard the term when MSV was around but at this point people should know what a pretier raid and tier raid is.
    It's a perfectly logical name for it but this does mark the first time Blizzard has removed parity from the "pretier" content and Cutting Edge achievements.

edit: I'd surmise this has more to do the the ToV "mini-tier" than anything else.

Imp was the hardest fight in WoD with the gear you had. Downing him before BRF is one of the best accomplishments of my WoW career

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Imp was the hardest fight in WoD with the gear you had. Downing him before BRF is one of the best accomplishments of my WoW career
    Pre-HFC Blackhand was pretty tough, too. And Archimonde before the ilvl boost was pretty hard as well.

Mythic Cenarius and pre-nerf Helya are likely the most difficult encounters this expansion. Helya's difficulty is skewed by bugs and generally poor design, though. Hopefully NH will be more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's a shame we haven't even had the first tier of raiding in legion yet... Last time we had HM for what, 7+ months and they were like "lol BRF is 6.0 content nubs"
    Well, BRF was released 2 months after Highmaul. (december 2 -> february 3) so I don't know where you took 7 months.

7 months was the release of Hellfire Citadel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, BRF was released 2 months after Highmaul. (december 2 -> february 3) so I don't know where you took 7 months.

7 months was the release of Hellfire Citadel.
    I think what they meant is that you could still get the Highmaul CE achievement all the way up until HFC's release. It is a bit odd that they're removing it this early but as I said it likely has a lot to do with the ToV mini-raid than anything else.

Deleted
    Oh crap i really will need to kill that stupid boss now ...But XaviusCE is not that prestige anyway to collect it

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Oh crap i really will need to kill that stupid boss now ...But XaviusCE is not that prestige anyway to collect it
    Cenarius should have the CE, not Xavius... lol.

Pre-HFC Blackhand was pretty tough, too. And Archimonde before the ilvl boost was pretty hard as well.

Mythic Cenarius and pre-nerf Helya are likely the most difficult encounters this expansion. Helya's difficulty is skewed by bugs and generally poor design, though. Hopefully NH will be more exciting.

Helya is waaay harder then cenarius, even post nerf. But yes, i think that every one could agree that davius was a joke .

Blackhand was much more strict with comps than Helya. Most of the first kills had something like 3 Rogues, 3-4 Hunters, 3 Boomkins.

For Helya all you needed was 3 Shadow Priests really, and some immunity soakers(which there are a lot of, and tanks also work).