Poll: Do you like Surrender to Madness

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toroc View Post
    Anything that requires more skill than pressing something that comes off cool down is simply too much for people in this game.

You can't even argue that it has anything to do with gearing around it because thats what you do in general lol.
    Is there anything that connects the content of your post with the topic at hand? If so, please share with the rest of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not voting since i'm not currently playing a priest, but i really enjoy this talent and it was my main reason why i leveled priest to 110. I wish fire mage had this ability instead of shadow priests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I like it a lot . What I don't like about it is that it is the only raiding build with no competition.

Only good for raiding and it has a high skill cap so I don't really think many people will like it.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    Spriest without S2M is the msot borign shit in the game, the rotation is incredibly static, s2m makes it fun to play.
    I see you've not played Demo lock or BM hunter this expansion.

OT: No, can't stand it. Glad it's gonna be dogshit as from tomorrow.

it like the idea of the talent. but i don't want to use it.

and how do you balance a spell, that sacrifices your life?
    it needs to be signifiantly better than others or it is useless. but then it becomes mandatory...
    Last edited by Nozuka; 2017-01-09 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    I absolutely hate it and am looking forward to an alternative with the coming patch.... otherwise I will sadly make my elemental shaman my main...

I absolutely hate how they reinvented Shadow Priests and leave us no way to keep to the original class fantasy.
    The same is true for several other classes that start to feel like something belonging into the World of Diablo, not into the World of Warcraft we played for years.
    Some of these new ideas are great, but most of those are badly implemented and/or do not fit the original class fantasies of WoW.

Additionally, a talent like Surrender to Madness does not fit into a RPG with loot progression because technically any character could use it only once in their existance, thus it is the end of any and all story progression for that character.

Deleted
    Yes and no. It's fun to play but I feel like you have to go for Surrender to Madness if you want to do all the dps you can. I don't like being forced into some talents when playing.

But well, I suppose things will change next patch anyways, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    it like the idea of the talent. but i don't want to use it.
    it needs to be signifiantly better than others or it is useless. but then it becomes mandatory...
    ... the story of every cool mechanic ever implemented (and then nerfed into oblivion.)

Like someone else in this thread said:

Everyone talks about wanting something new and exciting and interesting... until they get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
    ... the story of every cool mechanic ever implemented (and then nerfed into oblivion.)

Like someone else in this thread said:

Everyone talks about wanting something new and exciting and interesting... until they get it.
    What People want are choices not being forced into one Talent that is so good you can only use it in Raids while the other 2 are so Garbage that it doesnt even make a Difference if you take them or not.

It's really punishing if you lag for just a split second at higher stacks, and will usually result in death. For this reason I don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toroc View Post
    Anything that requires more skill than pressing something that comes off cool down is simply too much for people in this game.

You can't even argue that it has anything to do with gearing around it because thats what you do in general lol.
    How ironic considering S2M is wack a mole with Mind Blast, Void Bolt, and SWD at higher stacks with some Void Torrents added in, and a couple Dispersions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Yes and no. It's fun to play but I feel like you have to go for Surrender to Madness if you want to do all the dps you can. I don't like being forced into some talents when playing.

But well, I suppose things will change next patch anyways, so we'll see.

This. If it's the only viable talent, it should be nerfed or baked in so talents have a meaningful interplay - which is exactly what it looks like they've done with 7.1.5. Hurray!

Deleted
    Yep, looks like it's no longer a dominant talent in 7.1.5! It's still better on fights that are below 4 minutes, but that's normally farm ones, so it does not matter. No more progression wipes because you misclicked once, or had to use PWS for the speed boost.