Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Galakrond vs Lich King

If Galakrond and Arthas faced in battle, who would win?
    Personally, I think that Tyr>Ra-Den (Chronicle called Tyr the strongest of the Watchers ) and Lei Shen=Ra-den (as he stole his strength), and Blizzard said that Lei Shen stronger of the Lich King, it is likely that, Galakrond win.

7+ Year Old Account
    galakrond would devour him with ease....

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Couldn't he just unleash the fury of frostmourne and kill the giant flapper instantly?!?!?
    I think you were half-joking, but I'm not too sure so... actually, Fury of Frostmourne isn't an instant kill spell, it just deal a massive amount of damage. If it can't kill Lei Shen, I'm not too sure how it'd work on Galakrond who should be a lot more durable (not necessarily more powerful, though). Arthas doesn't really have any instant kill that works on everything.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lich King actually not that powerful in 1v1 when compared to some of the big hitters.Galakrond would overwhelm him in a 1v1 fight.

Also ,yeah,Fury of Frostmourne is NOT an insta-kill spell;it just does a lot of damage.

Deleted
    True, even if it was enough to kill the 25 bravest(and presumbly the strongest heroes of that time) soldier/champion/hero of Azeroth.
    But LK has a chance if he do this fancy move at 7:35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7dI_aW3Pds.

Deleted
    In the book Dawn of the Aspects it is said that Galakrond was sort of turning undead after eating his own kind. Also, he had some control over the undead proto drakes he produced, but not much. Considering that the Lich King has ultimate control over the undead, he'd just have to either throw the proto drakes Galakrond makes at him or have him eat them until he turns undead and control him.

Overall, if the Lich King hid somewhere and Galakrond could not find him, he'd win by using his necromantic powers.
    If the Lich King was found somewhere in the open before there were enough undead proto drakes or before Galakrond was undead fully, Galakrond would destroy him.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Considering that the Lich King has ultimate control over the undead, he'd just have to either throw the proto drakes Galakrond makes at him or have him eat them until he turns undead and control him.

Overall, if the Lich King hid somewhere and Galakrond could not find him, he'd win by using his necromantic powers.
    If the Lich King was found somewhere in the open before there were enough undead proto drakes or before Galakrond was undead fully, Galakrond would destroy him.
    Is the bolded part actually true? I'm quite sure he only has control over his own undeaths (the one turned by him / Ner'zhul or their followers) and it doesn't even seem that the control is absolute. Otherwise, he should have been able to regain control over the Forsaken after he became what he was, or that Trag wouldn't be able to break out of the Lich King's control. If a normal undead tauren (turned by power of the Orb of Ner'zhul) was able to resist it, would it work on Galakrond or his undead drakes?
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-01-08 at 01:35 PM.

I think the people in this forum gave arthas to much credit, he WAS a powerful mortal enemy but compared to the really big guys of the azeroth history, he is just a maggot with a big army that can be crushed by a powerful spell or just a powerful footstep from leishen.

wtf? massive mismatch...... Galakrond accidentally kills Arthas when he flaps his wings in his attempt to fly....... stop overrating LK pls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I think the people in this forum gave arthas to much credit, he WAS a powerful mortal enemy but compared to the really big guys of the azeroth history, he is just a maggot with a big army that can be crushed by a powerful spell or just a powerful footstep from leishen.
    Agreed.The Scourge is the Lich King's greatest power.Its probably the second most powerful army ever assembled.Without it LK isn't a big enough threat.Sure he would be around a Cenarius level of power,but anything above would be too much for him.Galakrond stomps in 1v1.And NO he doesnt have ultimate power over all undead.

In the book Dawn of the Aspects it is said that Galakrond was sort of turning undead after eating his own kind. Also, he had some control over the undead proto drakes he produced, but not much. Considering that the Lich King has ultimate control over the undead, he'd just have to either throw the proto drakes Galakrond makes at him or have him eat them until he turns undead and control him.

Have to agree with this point.

Also, Galakrond was basically a massive behemoth who didn't seem to possess that much cunning. He was just an apex predator. The LK would never "beat" Galakrond in a 1v1 brawl, but he'd probably be able to distract him with minions or control his behaviour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd love to know how Galakrond compared in physical size to the Old Gods btw. Could C'thun just . . . eat him?
    AFAIK the Old Gods were described as mountains of flesh, and supposedly dig all the way to the planets core as part of a single entity so assuming C'thun has a large enough tentacle and mouth above-ground and is actually able to catch Galakrond he should be able to.
    Last edited by mmoc5a0555211d; 2017-01-09 at 01:12 PM. Reason: T

10+ Year Old Account

Galakrond was not turning undead himself.. It was the proto drakes he fed on, who turned undead.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I put my bet on galakrond

Deleted
    Arthas isn't THAT powerful. He is extremely powerful alright, but I am welling to bet that he can't even solo any of the Dragon Aspects 1v1, let alone Gala"motherfucking"krond.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    Arthas isn't THAT powerful. He is extremely powerful alright, but I am welling to bet that he can't even solo any of the Dragon Aspects 1v1, let alone Gala"motherfucking"krond.
    I wonder if the soul suck he uses to 1shot saurfang at wrathgate would work on Galakrond.. He'd have to be able to get close safely which maybe could happen if he has the full scourge covering his back

Deleted
    Just how much can you overestimate Arthas? Really?

The proto-dragon would probably accidently step on him and thus end the fight.
    The main source of Arthas's military power is how he can turn his enemies into his minions...
    The only part of his forces that could stand a chance here would be frost-wyrms... and he just doesn't have enough to be a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Randyboob View Post
    I wonder if the soul suck he uses to 1shot saurfang at wrathgate would work on Galakrond.. He'd have to be able to get close safely which maybe could happen if he has the full scourge covering his back
    Which soul suck? They basically just:
    1. Clash their weapons
    2. Frostmourne breaks the orcish axe and cleaves the orc
    3. Frostmourne then absorbs the soul of the dead orc
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-01-09 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Agreed.The Scourge is the Lich King's greatest power.Its probably the second most powerful army ever assembled.Without it LK isn't a big enough threat.Sure he would be around a Cenarius level of power,but anything above would be too much for him.Galakrond stomps in 1v1.And NO he doesnt have ultimate power over all undead.
    Yeah even dreadlords have more power than him, without his army is pretty weak and I dare to say his power is under any demigod o mighty demon, I can't imagine any scenario where arthas can beat some truly monsters like Cenarius at full power or Mannoroth, damm maybe even Tichondrius or Lord Kazzak could beat him, since the major enemy of arthas is himself and his arrogance would be his downfall

Can Galakrond defeat Avatar of Sargeras?

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Can Galakrond defeat Avatar of Sargeras?
    Likely not. Galakrond's only strength in 1v1 was his durability and size, but he still has softer / more vulnerable parts. Anyone smart enough, have strong magic and capable of surviving Galakrond's physical assault would be able to beat him.