Thread: Legendary Nerfs

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    It is all about balance, if there would be a legendary which always makes you take 90% less damage then everyone should take that one, even if there was an option to take 10% dps boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Id rather completly delete this garbage
    But the Shadow Priest belt is good. :<
    Solves some issues in the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond View Post
    Yes, obviously if you are the superior player in terms or skill you will not lose to a player just because he has a better legendary. But the problem is, there is absolutely no way to compete with players of same class when they have that certain legendary which gives them a 10% dps boost, as long as the skill level is equal. This is the whole point, and it's not fair.

On a side not, if you are able to outdps a player of your same class who has the bis legendary (and you dont) it's mostly because that player is really really bad. We are not talking about players who dont even know how to properly execute their optimal rotation (which is just basics) and has the bis legendary, most of them don't even raid anyways.
    It's completely fair. They got luckier than you. Besides, why compete in dps? As long as you're at or over the minimum requirements, your group will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    But the Shadow Priest belt is good. :<
    Solves some issues in the rotation.
    EVERY legendary ability needs to be a baseline ability, talent, or honor talent. Locking players out of fundamental abilities makes this the worst implemented idea in this game as it truly a detriment to the game as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    It's completely fair. They got luckier than you. Besides, why compete in dps? As long as you're at or over the minimum requirements, your group will do just fine.
    Because they will use some anecdotal evidence of a top raid progression guild on their server benching people, or worse yet, just lie and claim such a thing, or even worse than that, don't even belong to said guild, or yet again, even more worse than all that, point to some guild they don't belong to AND is on a completely different server.

You'll be amazed at the never ending ladder of excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    who do you think gets upgrades first? guild members have always compete dps ever since most guild scrapped DKP, and even prior to that.

Best players get dibs on all the drop.

Its human nature to be competitive.
    Last edited by iky43210; 2016-12-19 at 07:14 PM.

Still don't get this change, it's from players that cry 24/7 about legendaries, by now the majority of High end Raiders will have between 4-7 legendaries meaning that chance at having 2 good ones is very high. The people crying are the LFR and casual raiders that don't do as much content and may have 2-4 legendaries and may not have their BiS.

All this has caused is a powernerf to them. BiS is still BiS, people that have them will still have them and nothing has changed besides people with them doing slightly less dps.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselol View Post
    Still don't get this change, it's from players that cry 24/7 about legendaries, by now the majority of High end Raiders will have between 4-7 legendaries meaning that chance at having 2 good ones is very high. The people crying are the LFR and casual raiders that don't do as much content and may have 2-4 legendaries and may not have their BiS.

All this has caused is a powernerf to them. BiS is still BiS, people that have them will still have them and nothing has changed besides people with them doing slightly less dps.
    Out of curiosity why SHOULDN'T they cater to Heroic raiders and below? Cutting edge mythic raiders are what, 1% of the WoW population? Quite frankly that 1% isn't important, and shouldn't be catered to. All the AP grind and legendary issues are THEIR issues, they're much less of an issue, or in most cases not at all an issue, for the vast vast vast majority of the playerbase.

The idea is that a Legendary drop should ALWAYS feel exciting. For some specs, you could get a shiny orange drop and just say "fucks sake, first Legendary and it's Sephuz? I need the gloves to do proper dps!". If the best items are nerfed, and worse brought up a bit, the excitement is relatively the same with every Legendary drop.

That's the intention. Still, as a SV hunter who was lucky enough to get bracers that both increase damage, utility AND make rotation more smooth seeing them nerfed to the ground isn't the best. I'd rather see worse items buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Out of curiosity why SHOULDN'T they cater to Heroic raiders and below? Cutting edge mythic raiders are what, 1% of the WoW population? Quite frankly that 1% isn't important, and shouldn't be catered to. All the AP grind and legendary issues are THEIR issues, they're much less of an issue, or in most cases not at all an issue, for the vast vast vast majority of the playerbase.
    Heroic raiders don't need bis legendaries. Truth be told, they'd be fine with no legendaries at all.

But whatever, Location: Nostalrius. Who am I even talking to, lol.

Got Sephuz as my 4th legendary, FeelsBadMan

Hi

Mythic raider here. Farmed artifact to 53, done normal/heroic/mythic about every reset since they've been out. 4 legendaries, gotten my 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th ones. While i'm a capable enough arms warrior to get my raid spot, if a warrior with the MS gloves and execute ring came along, they gain 100,000 dps from those two alone. There's a bonus of having a good legendary, then there's making something unbalanced. Know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysake View Post
    Heroic raiders don't need bis legendaries. Truth be told, they'd be fine with no legendaries at all.
    So don't mythic raiders. Having a performance increasing legendary will make progressing easier, it doesn't matter if you are running for world first mythic kills or stuggling on a heroic mid-tier boss.
    Sure the margin for other means of optimization, like ilevel or skill, are smaller for world first guilds. That doesn't mean a 5% performance boost from a legendary won't help the mythic as well as the heroic raider.

Heroic and LFR players will get their BiS Legendaries as well just likely later than the hardcore base.
    The issue at hand here is that everyone in this game - even people just play the auction house to make money and afk in Dalaran feel entitled to have their BiS legendaries by now because they are a random drop and it's orange.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysake View Post

But whatever, Location: Nostalrius. Who am I even talking to, lol.
    Mythic raiders don't need bis legendaries. Truth be told, if they're good enough to do mythics they'd be fine with no legendaries at all.

See what i did there?

Your argument is BS. The WHOLE point of gear upgrades in wow is to make the content you are doing easier no matter what the content is. This is called character progression.

Legendary should only drop on raids and on HC or Mythic not in any shit like HC dungeons and so on...

The only whining I've seen conserning legendaries is from the group you know say is fine, the majority of the high end raiders. (Or at least players that think they belong in this group). People that have been claiming that people are cut from their raids, (I've yet to see someone that has confirmed this), due to low tier legendaries. These are the guys that made the devs buckle, not the laid-back segment of the subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's important to have lower end players have something to aspire to. Even if they never make it and are happy with getting ahead of the curve just before NH is released, it's important for the vast majority of players to have something to do should they decide to go for it. You never want to have a game where players run out of content. That should include gearing, how hard it is to get the best stuff, what you need to do to get it, etc. Currently they're doing fairly well in that department. I'm in a top 100 guild and we cleared helya M just in time for nighthold. the vast majority of mythic raiding guilds will still have at least 1 or two days in the week to look forward to where they progress bosses they haven't beaten yet .

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    People that have been claiming that people are cut from their raids, (I've yet to see someone that has confirmed this), due to low tier legendaries.
    Most people in a top 100 guild will attest to the fact that having bad legendaries has affected raid spots. Of course you aren't going to just kick someone from the guild for getting unlucky. But if hunter x has two dps legendaries and hunter y has two utility legendaries, who do you think got brought in for Guarm progression?
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Ever gotten a boss to 1 million health? I definitely have. When a legendary is resulting in a single player doing 10-15m damage more over the course of a fight (easily, some legendaries do more than that) suddenly legendaries make a much bigger difference. It doesn't matter if you're a heroic raider or a mythic raider or an LFR raider, getting that legendary makes a big difference in what you can do and how you get to play your class for a lot of them.

Anyway, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. RNG and low droprates is what ruined legendaries, not that some were better than others. Giving players a pathway to getting the specific legendaries they wanted would have been a far better course of action. Especially if they made it so that first legendary was relatively easy, and they got harder to get as time went by, so you had to be choosey