Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    so much fat people hate, it is a harrowing experience.

try putting on a fat person suit and seeing how you go.
    Works both ways. Try losing weight and see how you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Denial of what? Loosing weight? Correct, I want to be exactly as fat as I am.

Therefore I eat exactly what it takes for me to do so, which happens to be 1500 cals a day at this stage of my life choices for me.

Sorry that it doesn't for you, but I really don't care if you want to deny it.

I already figured out how to do it for me.

Good luck figuring out how to do it for you.

If you pay me, I might consider helping you figure it out for you.

Doubt you could afford it though.
    Ouch, the denial grows stronger. Someone feels burned and in desperatly needing to assert some kind of superiority, even if invented.
    But yeah, if I need to double my weight to become a disgusting blob of fat by eating half what I eat today, I might consider paying you. Don't hold your breath, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    so much fat people hate, it is a harrowing experience.

try putting on a fat person suit and seeing how you go.
    I prefer to not become fat in the first place, thanks.

I am 44, female, 5'4", 345lbs for the last 3 years and have eaten 1500 cals a day for those last 3 years and extremely sedentary due to my bad knee and rotater cuff and weak heart
    One does wonder being morbidly obese and having a bad knee and weak heart might be causally related in the other direction.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Thats why people save, to do things. Why make it more expensive? People save up for material things, why is a vacation any different? This is so dense of a comment.
    It's really dense at all.

I honestly don't fly often and have never thought this to be a huge issue, but in the last year I've traveled by plane twice. That's the only two times I've flown in my life. Now I'm 6'1" and ~200lbs. I'm by no means obese and I don't take up more than one seat (because the seats are spacious enough for someone my size), but I'm definitely not a small guy which means I don't have room in my seat to give to someone else.

On those 2 travels, I flew on a total of 8 planes. One of those planes I got lucky enough to sit on an isle of one 1 seat so only the wall and isle on each side. On the other 7, at least 3 were next to fairly large people (I'm talking 280+ and that's probably being nice)and I even had the window seat on some of those. On one of those flights, one guy even had the audacity to lift up the arm rest so that he could be more comfortable which meant easier access to take up my seat. It wasn't a worry of mine until the first time it happened. Now leading up to every single flight I get concerned about whether or not I'll have to be uncomfortable sitting next to someone like that.

Now why exactly should I spend several hundred dollars on a seat only to get 3/4 of my seat max and be uncomfortable for several hours. I already get pains in my back and having to sit incorrectly to try and give myself room makes it worse. I have to pay for more than what I am getting while the guy next to my pays less than what he's getting because he chose to not be healthy. Fine don't pay for 2 seats, but there are sections available at the front of the plane that are more costly with more space so go pay for those. The seat I payed for is big enough for me and I shouldn't have to pay any extra to avoid people like that.

I don't hate obese people and I don't go out of my to try and insult them (even on those flights I kept my mouth shut and let my rage build inside), but if you make certain life decisions then you should have to pay for them to avoid inconveniencing others. That's life. Hell I have a friend that's obese. 5'6" at 250lbs and used to be 350lb+. When he flies he just barely makes it into his seat and even then does everything he can to not inconvenience others including be uncomfortable if that's what it takes. If he didn't make a life decision to lose that 100lbs he would have bought a more expensive seat or 2 seats as it would be the right thing to do.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-01-09 at 01:35 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Ouch, the denial grows stronger. Someone feels burned and in desperatly needing to assert some kind of superiority, even if invented.
    But yeah, if I need to double my weight to become a disgusting blob of fat by eating half what I eat today, I'll pay you. Don't hold your breath, though.

I prefer to not become fat in the first place, thanks.
    Ouch, why educate yourself when you can simply look down on others to make yourself feel superior to them?

I don't feel superior to anyone like you do.

I didn't become fat by eating what I eat today.

I like being the size I am. You don't. Sucks to be you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    One does wonder being morbidly obese and having a bad knee and weak heart might be causally related in the other direction.
    Aww, don't like my size? Sucks to be you. I like my size, so I have no issues.

Bad knee I was born with. Weak heart runs in my family. Not that you care, or anything.

You prefer to look down on others. Whatever you need to do to stay happy.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-09 at 01:37 PM.

I like being the size I am.
    What do you like about being 345?

The things I like about being ~140 are that I can run fast and far, I look nice in a mirror (and to my wife), and I'm at fairly low risk for the majority of health problems.

I realize it's kind of an asshole question, but I don't really understand what someone would like about being extremely obese.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really care in any meaningful way. If someone else chooses to be morbidly obese, this doesn't really impact me at all (other than the occasional flight, but I'm usually upgraded anyway, so this doesn't really matter). I think it's kind of depressing, but that's about it.

I suppose the one thing I like about it is that the fat acceptance movement has been a massive gift to anti-lefitsts, but that may not have anything do with you.

What do you like about being 345?

The things I like about being ~140 are that I can run fast and far, I look nice in a mirror (and to my wife), and I'm at fairly low risk for the majority of health problems.

I realize it's kind of an asshole question, but I don't really understand what someone would like about being extremely obese.
    I like not getting sexual attention (for the most part) from strangers.

There are no downsides to being my size for me.

I have no interest in running fast or far.

I have no interest in "looking nice" (sexually attractive) to strangers.

I don't mind going out to any of the health issues that could happen due to my size.

My size doesn't cause me any issues. I am fine with it.

I am happily married for 10 years. My life is fine. I don't want to live forever.

I already get bored, no way I want that to drag on forever.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-09 at 01:45 PM.

He might be referring to the fact that it might be dangerous.

Anyway, while I do mind sitting next to a obese person on a place, I can understand that it's them who are in a really bad spot there. I flew in this situation once, and the person sitting next to me seemed really uncomfortable, both by being restrained by a small seat and by knowing she is causing a problem to me - at least that's what she told me, she was very nice. There's nothing we can do about it, everyone needs to fly every now and then, and it's the airlines who are choosing to cramp people into a plane like sardines.

And telling people to "stop being fat" or other bullshit like that is only making things worse. People who are actually obese often cannot exercise on their own (or rather at all), and eating less and less while being completly immobilized might only lead to making situation worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennu View Post
    Flying with a fat person sitting at your side is rather horrible.

No idea why they haven't put some weight limit on flying so you don't intrude on other passengers space.
    Because weight and size do not correlate. A 6ft 6 person that weights 250 lbs is going to look a hell of a lot different than a 5ft 2 person that weights 250 lbs. Sure, both are 250 lbs, but they're going to fit into much different spaces.

Frankly, as a larger person both in height and weight, I get it. In reality, it didn't make sense when I with my 6'2 265 lb body and my ex with her 5'4 100 lb body both got charged the same amount on a plane. I took up almost 2 1/2 times more space than she did, but we got charged the same.

Now I'm not one of those people spilling over into other people's seats, and if someone is that big, then yes, they should be forced to buy another ticket to accommodate their girth. If you're so big that you are physically occupying two seats, making someone else be forced to be crushed in under your weight, then there's a problem. Either buy a second ticket or airlines need to start putting seats in exclusively for much larger people that come with a higher price tag. Hell, there will be some people that want to buy those seats just to have the extra room to move in.

This isn't an acceptance issue, this isn't fat shaming, it's reality. The reality is, you can't cram 20 lbs of potatoes into a 10 lb bag and make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    it might be dangerous.
    Life is very dangerous. It causes death 100% of the time. I simply don't mind the ways it can come by being my size.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    you can't cram 20 lbs of potatoes into a 10 lb bag and make it work.
    Japan does. It's awesome how they accomplish it! Our airlines should do this! More passengers = more money!

Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-09 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I'm 6'4, aisle seats are a little better than mid-row seats. God I hate those.
    Window seat is the only really good way to go anyway in most cases; but mid-row is easily the worst.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    or airlines need to start putting seats in exclusively for much larger people that come with a higher price tag.
    They do. Well...not exclusively for larger people, but it's called Business and First class.

If your size isn't very economical then don't fly economy.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

people need to get the fuck over themselves, huh?
    i mean, you're flying in the fucking air for fucks sake...
    You wanna run around and get even more attention at how fucking fat you are by trying to make yourself look like some kind of fucking victim? jesus, that is a mental illness in itself, along with the people that would coddle that type of pathetic victim hood mentality.

I don't mind going out to any of the health issues that could happen due to my size.

I am happily married for 10 years. My life is fine. I don't want to live forever.

This is actually pretty depressing. I guess it's what giving up looks like

This is actually pretty depressing. I guess it's what giving up looks like
    Giving up what exactly? Which part of "I am happy" is not good enough?

Deleted
    Giving up what exactly? Which part of "I am happy" is not good enough?
    Reading that and your posts it doesn't scream happiness to me.

...It just seems like you've resigned yourself to accept the position you're in and take small comforts out of what you can tolerate in your life.

But it's your life and if you're happy then go for it!

Deleted
    I think a fat person dumped Tennisace, would explain his obsession against 'em

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's depressing

Deleted
    "if the backend fits the seat there's no problem"
    I'm European so that's might why I don't understand the issue ^^.
    Im a pretty big guy but never had any issue with personal space while flying. And yes I fly on "cheap budget" tickets - like they can't get any cheaper in any way. My biggest problem (if any) is how close the rows are, which leaves very little space for my legs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    "if the backend fits the seat there's no problem"
    I'm European so that's might why I don't understand the issue ^^.
    Im a pretty big guy but never had any issue with personal space while flying. And yes I fly on "cheap budget" tickets - like they can't get any cheaper in any way. My biggest problem (if any) is how close the rows are, which leaves very little space for my legs.
    Either I have excessively large shoulders (Possible given my Adonis like physique) or everyone else is a midget or a woman.

I'm always knocking shoulders/ arms/ legs in budget flights.

The seats were blatantly designed for children and upscaled 30% for adult use and it's all a conspiracy to make us uncomfortable and pay more moneyz!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Either I have excessively large shoulders (Possible given my Adonis like physique) or everyone else is a midget or a woman.

I'm always knocking shoulders/ arms/ legs in budget flights.

The seats were blatantly designed for children and upscaled 30% for adult use and it's all a conspiracy to make us uncomfortable and pay more moneyz!
    Require pictures for....research