Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    then, yes, I'd be wrong about the ptr, but right about the caches. At least the mythic ones. And again, there is no indicator that emmisary ones are different.
    All I know, is that emissary boxes, give the same base loot on live and ptr, but the legendary is a proc chance upon opening. People have gotten caches from live, huge amounts, copied to ptr, opened the same loot as they did on live, but gotten 7.1.5 legendaries from them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    It is not confirmed for emissary quests,
    Yes EXACTLY this was confirmed by the blues shortly before the holidays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I think its worth not using your AK knowledges that come out over the next couple of days and save them for wednesday or tuesday.
    when you can buy ak 20, if you have a couple of knowledge scrolls ready you can get to ak 22 instead of using them now and not getting much from it.
    no you cant as the scrolls are used and deleted when you use the book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    Healers saying they do WQ with their offspec, but still get healing legendary when opening later.
    the loot spec is what counts NOT the spec you are in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcaz View Post
    emissary quests will be reset on patch day, complete them before or lose them
    what makes you think that?

afaik only world quests (those that actually are on the map) will reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordie View Post
    Source?
    Blues and the fact that they reseted on 7.1 so yes theykk do it on 7.1.5 again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    no you cant as the scrolls are used and deleted when you use the book.
    - - - Updated - - -
    did you try this with ak items not picked up yet and also with being in queue?

i guess thats what he is talking about, trying that one myself, got 1 not picked up but ready and another in queue which will be shortly finished after patch, to get straight 22.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    No they are in the caches. Ive had 4 in caches now, and its always been when I opened it. It also always rolled to the spec the character was currently in at opening not quest turn in (Emissary quest turned in as Ele with Ele as spec, changed to resto and recieved resto shaman bracers etc).
    Thats because you LOOT spec was resto all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorwido View Post
    did you try this with ak items not picked up yet and also with being in queue?
    that couldnt be tried on ptr so noone knows that (yet) - wait till tomorrow when us make the test for eu

you must have some sort of auto use addon or something.

i did have another queued perhaps that why it let me hold on to it i'm not sure i don't see why that would affect it.

It would be pretty funny if some of the people in this thread got a Sephuz right before the patch hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    No buy a book and use it that instantly gives you ak 10/15/.../25 and the scroll is gone....

No buy a book and use it that instantly gives you ak 10/15/.../25 and the scroll is gone....
    good point, i guess ill just test it on wednesday and see if your right i guess you can leave them in the pile perhaps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It would be pretty funny if some of the people in this thread got a Sephuz right before the patch hit.
    why that would be funny, got it 4 days ago, not right before but close to it, kicks an unwanted leg from the table and increase the chance to get the one i want which only comes in 7.1.5

Thats because you LOOT spec was resto all the time.
    How do you know?

Your loot spec changes when you change spec. So unless the person changed loot spec after changing to ele.. then no, their loot spec was probably not resto..
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Do not. They reset and you will get 3 emissary quests tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I don't give a shit how loot is generated. It wasn't even the point of our discussion. We were talking about WHEN loot is generated. This is when you moved goalposts.
    No, I didn't. Because when was included in how.

You didn't just offer an explanation. You first said "No, they don't." Implying you know for sure that's not how they work and then you proceeded to say how they do work. Not how you think they work.
    The very first paragraph of my very first post.

This is you backtracking when you deny you did this.

Please, quote me where you first suggested that you don't actually know and you're only guessing. I guarantee you it's after I called you out on your bullshit.
    No. It is in that very same post. "Assuming this is true." Which was right befor you even started posting.

Just like when you tried to suggest I was wrong about looting a legendary rather than it going straight into my bags. Why don't you go back and edit that post and admit you were bullshitting then too? Or were you basing that on reasonable assumptions?
    Who's shifting goal posts now?

And yes, I was. I have not looted a single one of the 3 I have. A rather small sample group, I'll admit.

When are you going to adress the issue of you calling me a liar without any basis for it? Not at all, I'd suspect. You don't strike me as the person who has the backbone to admit that not only is he potentially wrong, but also at best rude.

Yes EXACTLY this was confirmed by the blues shortly before the holidays.
    Do you have a quote on that?

no, your loot spec doesnt depend on your current spec

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The chance to get legendary from emmisary cache is miniscule. Like rolling 3 times miniscule. Do it or not do it I don't understand why there had to be 7 pages of posts regarding this.
    But you replied anyway. Considering I've got 7 out of 8 of my legendaries from the cache it's a valid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Well as you have 8 legendaries the chance to get a 9th is in the millions at the moment and I think its obvious unless this is a bragging post "look I has 8 legendaries".
    Well I have 16 and 13 of them came from the cache, obviously not on a single char. And many of those who only got one until now are very likely to get another one in the next days.

I truly believe that the reward is generated when the item is opened - especially for legendaries.

For example, think about having 100 emissary chests. If the existence of a legendary is determined right when the cache is obtained, then that means that there isn't additional BLP added to the next emissary chest.

Someone that has done no legendary eligible stuff other than emissary chests would have 0 BLP applied to all 100 chests. Perhaps this is the case, but that would be very punishing to the player.

Whereas, if loot was generated as it was opened, the first chest would have no BLP, the 2nd chest would have the first chest's BLP, the 100th chest would have the previous amount of BLP added to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    I truly believe that the reward is generated when the item is opened - especially for legendaries.

For example, think about having 100 emissary chests. If the existence of a legendary is determined right when the cache is obtained, then that means that there isn't additional BLP added to the next emissary chest.

Someone that has done no legendary eligible stuff other than emissary chests would have 0 BLP applied to all 100 chests. Perhaps this is the case, but that would be very punishing to the player.

Whereas, if loot was generated as it was opened, the first chest would have no BLP, the 2nd chest would have the first chest's BLP, the 100th chest would have the previous amount of BLP added to it.
    BLP is another factor we know even less about. You assume the BLP is increased everytime you open a cache, but what if it is applied when you turn in your quest? So that would mean that BLP got applied 100 times (in your example), and as soon as you get the first legendary out of your 100 boxes BLP is reduced to 0, so getting a legendary in the remaining chests is lower.
    And I don't see how this would be punishing for the player, he choose to collect 100 caches instead of opening them at once as it very likely is meant by the designer.