Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic but they funny thing about the normal person bit is so many people here on MMO-C in the self-proclaimed lower income tiers believe Trump is going to help them. His tax policy alone is more beneficial to the upper tiers so dirty well-to-do liberals are going to see more of a benefit than his followers. Yet we have the Hollywood Elite (who are definitely going to benefit from his proposed policy) saying the guy is bad news. Maybe money isn't everything?
    The thing that makes this especially ironic, considering Trump supporter's reaction, is that Trump is a reality TV celebrity who collects a pension from Screen Actors Guild. When they talk about why celebrities should shut up, they will undoubtedly list reasons why supporting Trump is [insert insult being tossed at Hollywood celebrities].
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Draq View Post
    Some of you wanted to know if he actually did mock the reporter, so I'll just put this here and you can make up your own mind.

watch?v=5aYFC_7ZIn4&t
    ^ youtube
    He absolutely did.

Thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This is probably the dumbest thing I have read in a while. You aren't some wealthy patron with actors and musicians under you lol. Musician and actors are typically the wealthy ones who enjoy entertaining the masses follow what they do so much so that aspects of our society are driven by what they do or wear, or sing about.
    I'm a VP at Disney. So, they are my puppets. Literally. Should have seen the shit we made Bob Downey do to get his newest contract extension.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Cuck Conservative Warrior? CCW!

Every time someone uses the word cuck a puppy dies.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I'm a VP at Disney. So, they are my puppets. Literally. Should have seen the shit we made Bob Downey do to get his newest contract extension.
    Is Disney in ownership of all actors and musicians in the world? What's that no? So that means your statement is still retarded, okay thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Every time someone uses the word cuck a puppy dies.
    Dogs are dumb anyways :P

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    the sooner that the baby boomers die out, the better we will ultimately be as a society.
    You're in for the shock of your life in decades to come

Things can always get worse. Getting enthusiastic about the reign of Gens Y & Z is a mystery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    This thread is almost as much of an echochamber as Hollywood.

Sadly the latter still hasn't realized the service it has done to Trump over the past year.
    Yeah it did a lot of service to one of their own... How much did Hollywood's Screen Actors Guild pay out to Trump for his reality TV show and sitcoms appearances?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    he actually did mock the reporter
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

He absolutely did.

Thanks for trying.
    Maybe you should watch the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    You're in for the shock of your life in decades to come

Things can always get worse. Getting enthusiastic about the reign of Gens Y & Z is a mystery.
    I mean I live in America, of course things can always get worse. I'm not so much enthusiastic about my generation taking over (Because then we deal with the SJW problem more fully if it hasn't died out yet), I'm more enthusiastic with a large portion of my parents' generation being out of power, making assbackward, contradictory, and nonsensical decisions and the rest of us get fucked over by it. The whole "pulling up the ladder after they used it themselves" deal.

Of course not everybody is like that, obviously, but that sentiment seems way more popular with my parents' generation rather than mine. The generation that could get a very well paying job without going to college, then, when in control, decided that if you wanted to file papers you needed a 4 year degree, and then bitch about all these out of work millennials being bums.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should watch the video.
    I watched the actual video, not the propaganda piece you linked.

And he absolutely did.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-01-09 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even necessarily low-income, but I think low-intelligent, sadly. Or maybe gullible people would be better? My parents are in the upper middle class and my dad bought all his shit hook, line, and sinker. Which was especially odd seeing he's a Union Steward (The contradiction gets ignored when I bring it up, trust me, I've tried), and he's not stupid by any stretch of the imagination.

There's just this stupid notion of "WE SHOULD SWITCH PARTY LEADERS EVERY 8 YEARS" that so many people have ingrained in them and I donno why. I have no idea why this idea of just complete ignorance of the facts just to uphold some kind of ritual is acceptable to them.
    I would go with more gullible people or the fact that some people don't think they're being represented enough. The Union bit I understand all too well. Being a Union Engineer I have quite a bit of my co-workers who think that they're being bamboozled by the Union and Democrats. Many of them seem to think that Obamacare was some huge disaster even though their own insurance has stayed at $200/month for the last 8 years -- and even started granting birth control for free about four years ago. Changing leadership I can understand -- cutting off your nose to spite your face is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The thing that makes this especially ironic, considering Trump supporter's reaction, is that Trump is a reality TV celebrity who collects a pension from Screen Actors Guild. When they talk about why celebrities should shut up, they will undoubtedly list reasons why supporting Trump is [insert insult being tossed at Hollywood celebrities].
    Well that's because they're saying bad things about their Glorious Leader. If there's anything to be said about the common Trump supporter is that they believe he can do no wrong even if there's evidence to the contrary. It's all feels before reals....
    Last edited by Captain N; 2017-01-09 at 03:35 PM.

I watched the actual video, not the propaganda piece you linked.

And he absolutely did.
    So you didn't watch the one I linked, thanks for not trying to better yourself. I guess I shouldn't expect more from mmochan.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    I love it when the entertainment elites climb down from their ivory towers to school us commoners and plebs, with all the experience living in a sheltered bubble gives you.

I love it when the Talking Head elites, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh (all make tens of millions of dollars a year) broadcast from their ivory towers to brainwash and incite anger in the commoners and plebs, with all the experience living in a sheltered bubble gives you.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Trump would have been easily defeated, except the Democrats cheated themselves just so they could run one of the most hated and corrupt politicians of all time against him.
    Trump hasn't even taken office yet and he's already the most corrupt President ever. So that makes Hillary the 2nd most corrupt politicians of all time. Get the facts straight.

I don't think the first amendment is going to last 4 years under the oppressive Trump conservative regime. Conservatives are always trying to shut up dissenters. "celebrities opinions don't matter, but Steve Doocey is an expert on something". "You can't discuss religion, because under any scrutiny our deepest beliefs fall apart" and for that matter any "Supply side economic theory falls apart under scrutiny, but O well it sounds good" At least I saw a breath of fresh air when some random conservative guy I've never seen on TV before the other day say Trump's economic policies will lead the US into a recession. Surprised there's still a few of them not just parroting the talking points.

So you didn't watch the one I linked, thanks for not trying to better yourself. I guess I shouldn't expect more from mmochan.
    I watched the actual video. I have no desire to see people try to spin an obvious thing as not an obvious thing because they're supporting a sociopathic prick who ad hominem attacks everybody who disagrees with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting how people who elected a billionaire who literally lives in a gold tower and entered the political discourse by using his celebrity as a platform to secure an audience are now telling celebrities not to use their celebrity as a platform to secure an audience. The irony would be delicious if it weren't so sad.

Your arguments that Streep should shut up and stick to acting would hold more water if Trump stuck to telling people they're fired on TV and ruining small businesses before declaring bankruptcy again and you didn't worship an actor responsible for the second-worst economic conditions in our history by preaching the virtues of trickle-down voodoo economics (which has routinely failed every time it was implemented except as a short-term fix during Reagan's presidency).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Always free to go back to whatever echo chamber you dug up your video from.

Anyone who watched the actual thing will tell you it's pretty clear he was mocking the reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Your arguments that Streep should shut up and stick to acting would hold more water if Trump stuck to telling people they're fired on TV and ruining small businesses before declaring bankruptcy again and you didn't worship an actor responsible for the second-worst economic conditions in our history by preaching the virtues of trickle-down voodoo economics (which has routinely failed every time it was implemented except as a short-term fix during Reagan's presidency).
    I don't remember who said it first, maybe Bill Maher (At least I heard him say it first in my experience), but its the whole "I'm going to be a millionaire eventually if I work hard enough" bullshit belief. So there's this weird delusion going on where they defend the super rich because they see themselves as a millionaire-waiting-in-the-wings. And, surely, THEY aren't bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    You elected a reality TV celebrity and are now telling people, that celebrities should shut up? I'm sorry, but your actual vote has just shown that the only thing you need to be president, is celebrity. You don't get to bitch about celebrities, you get to enjoy Paris Hilton vs Kanye West for president in 2020... because that's what you voted for...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You elected a reality TV celebrity and are now telling people, that celebrities should shut up? I'm sorry, but your actual vote has just shown that the only thing you need to be president, is celebrity. You don't get to bitch about celebrities, you get to enjoy Paris Hilton vs Kanye West for president in 2020... because that's what you voted for...
    Well to be fair Regan was an actor too and he's always been hailed as the best Republican ever. Maybe they think Cheeto Tiny Hands is the Second Coming?