Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    Oh i definitely agree it was a very stupid thing to do, which is about on par for Trump, i do doubt though that he did it intentionally mock a disabled person.
    I havent watched other videos of him doing the same thing though.
    Here's video of him doing the same thing to mock Ted Cruz. Also note that the reporter in question does not wave his hands around like Trump did when he speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    In a democracy, everyone's opinion matters when it comes down to it.
    I hope the store clerk tells you his political opinions next time you're in check out line since it matters so much to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    ... and is a reality TV Celebrity who collects a pension from SAG... if people defending Trump have issue with hearing celebrities speak, how did they vote in a guy whose immediate preceding experience is host of the Apprentice? What celebrities say maters more now than ever, because we could be hearing the next president...
    I would have to say it is completely different when one of those celebrities is considered as a serious contender to become President. It's like people who complain about wanting change, but never actually do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    The problem I have with celebrities in politics, at least the ones who publicly disgrace themselves, is that they are hypocrites. These are the same people who complain about rich people having their hands in the pockets of politicians while turn around and try to manipulate politicians. Mark Wahlberg said it best imo when he talked about Hollywood basically being delusional and needing to stay out of politics.
    You mean like trump? A celebrity who went into politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That doesn't even make sense what you're trying to convey.
    Trump has has constant fights with celebrities on twitter. He is saying your indignation is hypocritical.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    I would have to say it is completely different when one of those celebrities is considered as a serious contender to become President. It's like people who complain about wanting change, but never actually do anything.
    When did Trump become a serious contender? Yeah, voting Trump and bitching about celebrities, makes no sense..
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    No need to get salty just because she accurately portrayed your favorite inbred turnip.
    Except you miss the part where I said I don't care who they are ranting about. But keep calling me out on something I never said to show your bias/ignorance, especially since I didn't even vote for the guy. Don't be salty that inbred is more successful/powerful then you can ever hope to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump has has constant fights with celebrities on twitter. He is saying your indignation is hypocritical.
    I really don't like explaining things to you, which is why I tend to not reply to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the store clerk tells you his political opinions next time you're in check out line since it matters so much to you.
    You are arguing in a thread about an opinion you claim doesn't matter. WTF?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so your evidence to refute that he mocked a disabled reporter is by linking a video where you claim he did the same motion while MOCKING Ted Cruz? Sounds to me like you just proved he mocked a disabled reporter.
    Since you seemed to have missed the picture, the video proves that he uses that gesture to mock things people say, the fact that the reporter was disabled was completely irrelevant and had nothing to do with the mocking in question.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't even make sense what you're trying to convey.
    Your post, summarized: Meryl Streep's opinions don't matter any more than some random Joe's, she needs to stop acting like they do.

My post, summarized: A celebrity just won the Presidency off of publicly stating his opinions like they matter more than the other guys', so I wouldn't be so quick to jump on that bandwagon.

What's not to get?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like explaining things to you, which is why I tend to not reply to you.
    Is this like your hypocrite coming out party or what? Tell me more about you not replying to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so your evidence to refute that he mocked a disabled reporter is by linking a video where you claim he did the same motion while MOCKING Ted Cruz? Sounds to me like you just proved he mocked a disabled reporter.
    I didnt post the video, but the video was in response to me, so ill respond anyway.

My point wasn't that i don't think Trump was mocking the reporter at all, he certainly mocked the reporter, but it seemed to me like a general sort of mock, rather than mocking based on disability, the actions trump made look like the same actions teenagers make when making fun of each other and mocking each other for doing something stupid.
    I think what Trump did was stupid, and its likely he researched the reporter beforehand, so would know he was disabled, and he should have avoided doing stuff like that, that could be seen as mocking him based on disability. Even if the reporter wasn't disabled, doing mocking gestures like that is just childish and not something that a presidential candidate should be doing anyway. Uhm, so my point was i see it as a general mockery gesture, i don't think it was intended to be mocking his disability.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Since you seemed to have missed the picture, the video proves that he uses that gesture to mock things people say, the fact that the reporter was disabled was completely irrelevant and had nothing to do with the mocking in question.
    What does mocking Cruz in such a way, aimed to convey? What problem is Trump showing Cruz as having?

Anyone post Trumps or Conway's reactions yet?

Conway's reaction

http://bcove.me/vrbzpxsx

Has Trump not learned yet that sometimes the best response is no response at all?
    Wow Conway's response is such a fucking laughable shitshow of a reaction.

Yes clearly its Meryl Streep causing unrest by saying "Maybe don't mock handicapped people," not Trump riling up people at his rallies into nazi-esque chants and overboard freakouts.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-01-09 at 04:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I mean we have a wealthy reality star as our president so..
    I rest my case

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    I didnt post the video, but the video was in response to me, so ill respond anyway.

My point wasn't that i don't think Trump was mocking the reporter at all, he certainly mocked the reporter, but it seemed to me like a general sort of mock, rather than mocking based on disability, the actions trump made look like the same actions teenagers make when making fun of each other and mocking each other for doing something stupid.
    I think what Trump did was stupid, and its likely he researched the reporter beforehand, so would know he was disabled, and he should have avoided doing stuff like that, that could be seen as mocking him based on disability. Even if the reporter wasn't disabled, doing mocking gestures like that is just childish and not something that a presidential candidate should be doing anyway. Uhm, so my point was i see it as a general mockery gesture, i don't think it was intended to be mocking his disability.
    Not stupid... stupid people don't tend to have convulsion... but, you are getting there...

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    You mean like trump? A celebrity who went into politics.
    I literally responded to this already.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    He still mocked a disabled reporter. Did he mock him specifically for being disabled? Who knows.
    Actually we do know, he didn't. He mocked him for changing his story (which is clearly proven) in what appears to be in a specific way to make Trump look bad. Because the reporter has a disability that should make him immune from criticism? It's ok to mock Ted Cruz in this way but not the reporter?

You didn't make any kind of argument that showed they're hypocrites. You said it's like when these other people are being hypocrites but how is it like that?
    What?
    These are the same people who complain about rich people having their hands in the pockets of politicians while turn around and try to manipulate politicians
    If you don't think that is an example I'm not sure there is help for you. Although that has already been concluded from most of your previous posts.

I'll accept that he will be president, but I still think he's an infantile, petulant, narcissist. I just wish he'd at least pretend to act the part of President, because as of now he just sounds like some kind of emo teen who just found the internet and that the world doesn't always agree with him. Grow up and do your job...sheesh.