Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    On what planet did this speech better the world? If she wanted to use that speech time to talk about money she's raise to fight poverty or whatever than yeah that's fine. All she's doing is bitching about the President Elect.
    Probably because he's said heinous shit and his word has weight now.

Or are Humanitarian speeches no longer worth anything because one of them was used to criticize the Glorious Leader?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    She's abusing her mic time, to speak of something completely irrelevant to the Golden Globes, getting abit tired of celebs who wanna make the world aware of their political stance, I care as much as I care about Justin Biebers political stance.
    Yes, pointing out how the people in the audience are from different upbringing to highlight how wrong the perception of Hollywood is, had nothing to do with Golden Globes.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Those things contribute to society.
    In the way of several thousands of jobs. It's like he doesn't know that all those names in movie credits are people with jobs in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, pointing out how the people in the audience are from different upbringing to highlight how wrong the perception of Hollywood is, had nothing to do with Golden Globes.

Maybe she had to tweet it at 2am to be OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Dogs are dumb anyways :P
    No they're not... But I'm more inclined to believe that everytime someone uses the word "cuck", he's dismantling 3% of his brain capacity. It's a stupid buzzword, but not powerful enough to kill adorable creatures just yet. <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Celebrities are celebrities because most people are sheep and worship them. Ooo you can sing or act good that men's you're more important than someone who actually contributes to society!
    Trump is a celebrity... when the next election can be Kanye West v Paris Hilton, due to not needing any credentials in public office, but do need a lot of celebrity, your bitching has long sailed away. Should have remembered this tact before Trump won, then you might have had a point.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Those things contribute to society.
    Hardly. I think the world could survive without actors.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Oh, I dunno... she is talking abut spreading kindness and love rather than hate and mockery, I would say that if even one person that watched her speech and took some of the positives she was talking about and put it into action in their day to day lives then she's made the world a little better.
    The fact that Trump supporters don't realize this, says it all.

This disabled reporter should be prepared for mocking.

he throw insults at Trump and because he is disabled person he wanna special treatment?

Trump mocks everyone he is not making differences, thats what i call democratic leader.

Not at all little sheep, not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    She's abusing her mic time, to speak of something completely irrelevant to the Golden Globes, getting abit tired of celebs who wanna make the world aware of their political stance, I care as much as I care about Justin Biebers political stance.
    Some advice for you then:

Don't watch awards shows. Where 95% of it are speeches.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    An example of what? You always generalize everyone and then say they're hypocrites. Why you can't make an example of this specific person being a hypocrite instead?
    You can clearly read, from my post that you even quoted, that I reference Hollywood. Considering much of the discussion is about celebrities in general, I'm not sure you even know what you want. At this point though you just like to get your post count up so usually just respond with nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    The ravings of a privileged and wealthy 1%, admonishing those who don't have the wealth or fame to be insulated from the actual problems of the US.

Notice how none of these wealthy and liberal Hollywood types open their estates to house illegal immigrants, or radicalized Arab refugees?

Notice how they never get together and pool their own money together to build housing for illegal immigrants, the homeless, or radicalized Arab refugees in their own neighborhoods?
    Meanwhile Trump is busy putting together the most privileged and wealthy 1% cabinet in history. And Trump supporters, like you, have no problem with his elitism...

Quote Originally Posted by MozDef View Post
    Meanwhile Trump is busy putting together the most privileged and wealthy 1% cabinet in history. And Trump supporters, like you, have no problem with his elitism...
    Naw dude ITS FINE CUZ MAGA OR SOMETHING WOOOOO.

Nothing like running your entire campaign with a slogan 3rd graders can follow.

Probably but they have existed since society itself fucking existed. I think you're just jealous or something.
    How am I jealouse because I want to be entertain than to hear someones political rant? That makes no sense and just shows your ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't like it, don't watch. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    But I think it's stupid how much weight people attribute to the opinions of rich actors living in a bubble. They should speak their mind, they should also have their opinion scrutinized like everyone else fronting political views in the public arena.
    Unless it's our rich actor, then he can say anything, anywhere. because you know, he, partially, confirms our prejudices.

So you generalize every single actor and actress as "Hollywood"? Again, you're just grouping them all together and saying they're all hypocrites. Try to make an actual argument. Come on, I believe in you.
    The entirety of this board is generalizing groups down to buzzwords. The right, the left, dems, trumpettes...

I don't think calling actors "hollywood" is the most offensive of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Naw dude ITS FINE CUZ MAGA OR SOMETHING WOOOOO.

Nothing like running your entire campaign with a slogan 3rd graders can follow.
    3rd graders? I'm quite sure somewhere, right now, an infant's first word is "magaaaaa"

So you generalize every single actor and actress as "Hollywood"? Again, you're just grouping them all together and saying they're all hypocrites. Try to make an actual argument. Come on, I believe in you.
    No, again, if you read, it specifically states those who publicly disgrace themselves. I'm sure your liberal arts degree helped you somewhere with reading comprehension.

This instinct to humiliate, when it’s modeled by someone in the public platform, by someone powerful
    I can't believe a Hollywood celebrity is capable of saying these words with a straight face, the sheer hypocrisy of it is so fucking rage inducing

her clique has spend the past decade humiliating, insulting and talking down to the evil redneck hillbilly white trash and now they have the fucking nerve to complain about political discourse, fuck her and everyone who clapped at this bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Some advice for you then:

Don't watch awards shows. Where 95% of it are speeches.
    So I shouldnt watch an award show to avoid political speeches?

- - - Updated - - -

So I guess everyone should just say thanks and move on?
    Seems more appropriate.