Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Exactly, 45-50 itemlevels lower then the best gear is an enormous main stat and stamina difference.

Maybe they need to change itemcolors based on current raid tier mythic raid epic, heroic raid blue, and anything under green, and people would see the difference better.

So for nighthold that would mean ilevel 900-910+ epic 885-899 blue and anything below green.
    What difference does it make what colour the item text is.

They should just make them all white and we can be done with this stupid argument.

Higher level gear still requires very good luck(effort) or completing higher tier contents.. So i think it's alright as it keeps people playing.

OP - This is what happens the Diablo Devs take on WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    but old wow didn't really have slow progression at end game till pretty deep into raiding.
    Yeah 40man raids, weekly lockout and 2-3 drops per boss.

You can't compare that to the 6? items bosses barf out nowadays.

I think the loot system is fine just the way it is. I definitely would not be doing WQ's if it they only gave out gold, and if they lowered the amount of rare and epic loot that we get it would completely ruin enchanting. It's already hard enough to get a good amount of chaos crystals without grinding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alederys View Post
    f they lowered the amount of rare and epic loot that we get it would completely ruin enchanting.
    That's hardly a relevant argument, as they can always tune the # of mats needed.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    The problem is that players are being showered with gear, however most of the gear is being seen as "useless". I think this undermines the value of the rewards structure. Gear is supposed to be one of the greatest character progression rewards in an MMO and it is supposed to have meaning. You are supposed to feel really good when you finally receive a piece of gear after your efforts. It is not supposed to be something you cycle through heaps of every play session like in an ARPG.
    Nope. I think you are misinterpreting the loots being rewarded. Players are not being showered with gear. The game is offering more ways to acquire gears. And these are not mutually exclusive. If you play regularly and does everything the game has to offered, you will get more loots because you are playing more. For others, such as those that do everything, such as WQ everyday, raids etc, then they are not being showered with loots.

too much shit loot that no one cares about. Feels like you have to slog through 100s of shit items that instantly get vendored to get anything good.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The quantity of loot has to be this absurd to make the WF/TF/socket system "work", unfortunately.
    Pretty much the best reply in the topic. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Your claims seem odd considering it was when they made the game more catering to casuals and less linear the decline started...
    The causality is likely in the opposite direction (that they made the game easier because of the decline, which would have showed up in their internal numbers before it really affected total global subs), since the one you are posing there makes no sense whatsoever.

It is an incontrovertible fact that most players don't do the difficult content. Your argument requires believing the frankly absurd proposition that the presence of content that a player doesn't, and won't, do makes that player more likely to stay subscribed.

If your argument is correct then Blizzard could keep everyone around by making all the raids impossible except for perfect robot-like play. Ridiculous, right? But that's what your argument leads to.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Sure bis items taking mats from 2nd tier of the expansion.
    Lul ............. are you for real?

No one wants to play a game with million people and have to wait months to get an item.
    Actually... I do. When that happened, it was awesome. Now when you get a "nice" piece you are like... meh, only took 3 days. That's fine for those who are looking for a 1-2 hour a week game... but not an MMO I care to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The causality is likely in the opposite direction (that they made the game easier because of the decline, which would have showed up in their internal numbers before it really affected total global subs), since the one you are posing there makes no sense whatsoever.

It is an incontrovertible fact that most players don't do the difficult content. Your argument requires believing the frankly absurd proposition that the presence of content that a player doesn't, and won't, do makes that player more likely to stay subscribed.

If your argument is correct then Blizzard could keep everyone around by making all the raids impossible except for perfect robot-like play. Ridiculous, right? But that's what your argument leads to.
    No you simply want to twist what I am saying into a strawman arguement you can easily dismiss.

The genius of the old system was how it used its content. It offered slight increases in difficulty so there was always something to do. You even had progression at the heroic dungeon level. It gave all players something to work towards in terms of challenge even if that was killing optional bosses in kara.

Now a days that is gone. It has been replaced with hit a button to queue then face roll then done.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably why the game is so boring for me these days. Last night I found myself falling asleep while doing some horrible quest and it's just been that kind of feeling for the game in general, not just that one quest. There's not much to look forward to anymore aside from leveling up alts. Epic gear is really that epic anymore at least it doesn't feel like it, not like it used to. Profession gear I thought was really cool this time and I hope they keep this system going but they become useless way too fast. It felt awesome being able to craft a piece of gear that I can actually use for once.

I think it would be cool if there were two ways of getting epics. Either by raiding or by crafting. I agree with the idea that epics should only be in raids with a few dungeons that have a rare chance at a raid level epic. With professions it would be a way for solo players to gear up. It would be like questing but without the NPC. It'd be like your own personal mission. It could require you to go out and look for rare materials needed to craft the gear. Some would require you to travel all over the place going into caves or diving deep under water and killing rare spawns that carry what your looking for or it could be tucked away inside a chest or something and they could also make it so some required materials drop off of bosses in dungeons. I can see that being very satisfying and fun if done the right way. It might even put the adventure feeling back into the game. Of course it wouldn't be easy this would be like heroic solo content.

It's nice being able to get epics this easily but it should not be this way, it just feels so wrong. Epics are supposed to be challenging to get not handed out like free candy. I think this is the result of giving in to the over-entitled people who can't be bothered to put in any effort into anything and just want instant gratification.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Complaining about getting too much gear? Something that you just vendor for money, like most every other item you ever got in this game? Then, there is people here bitching that useless epics are being handed out too easily...but why is this a problem at all? What does it matter if the vendor trash you get is some epic belt that is 30 levels lower than what you have, would you rather just get nothing for a WQ? Would it make you feel better if they just gave you the 23g as a reward, instead of giving you a piece of gear to sell? I just don't understand why so many people constantly have to find every little frivolous thing to complain about, and also act like everyone hasn't been complaining since TBC about how easy it is to get epics. It's just always the same argument "blah blah blah entitled people, casuals, epics should feel epic"...yes, we've been hearing this since BC now fellas.
    How are people not used to bad epics being thrown around at this point? Why can't people just worry about themselves, instead of if someone who doesn't raid has a purple item that's not as good as what you may have from raiding. I understand if you think it'd be epic having to go around farming things to make all your own armor instead of getting it from questing, like some here have suggested...but that's not really the way the game has worked in like 10 years now, besides a few pieces here and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    Complaining about getting too much gear? Something that you just vendor for money, like most every other item you ever got in this game? Then, there is people here bitching that useless epics are being handed out too easily...but why is this a problem at all? What does it matter if the vendor trash you get is some epic belt that is 30 levels lower than what you have, would you rather just get nothing for a WQ? Would it make you feel better if they just gave you the 23g as a reward, instead of giving you a piece of gear to sell? I just don't understand why so many people constantly have to find every little frivolous thing to complain about, and also act like everyone hasn't been complaining since TBC about how easy it is to get epics. It's just always the same argument "blah blah blah entitled people, casuals, epics should feel epic"...yes, we've been hearing this since BC now fellas.
    How are people not used to bad epics being thrown around at this point? Why can't people just worry about themselves, instead of if someone who doesn't raid has a purple item that's not as good as what you may have from raiding. I understand if you think it'd be epic having to go around farming things to make all your own armor instead of getting it from questing, like some here have suggested...but that's not really the way the game has worked in like 10 years now, besides a few pieces here and there.
    As far as epics goes, the point is what's the point of the item being epic quality if all I have to do is kill like 10 or 15 of something? What does the word epic even mean in WoW these days? Feels more common than epic. If we're going to be just giving out gear this easily then what's the point of having quality types at all? Just make them all white items. It's just a color after all right?

If you want to talk about how the game works well WoW was never like that back in the days before Cataclysm. If you wanted to be fully decked out in epic gear you had to run raids. And there was never a time back then where I had bags full of epics and that was because epic gear had to be fought for from raids so they were actually considered a rare and "epic" item back then. Now people have a full set of epics just from doing the same world quests over and over and bags full of useless epics which is a thing in of itself right there. Like, how did we get to the point where we just have bags full of useless epics? "Epic" gear is supposed to be...well epic, the best gear in the game. But we just have a whole collection of it in our bags that we just throw away now.

I mean this isn't something that's going to rustle my jimmies but I'm just saying over time it makes the game feel less exciting which leads to a much quicker burnout. I mean unless that's what Blizzard wants then fine but I'd imagine they would want players to keep playing for as long as possible. It's gotten to a point where the game feels less like an adventure filled with mystery and excitement and more of a chore than ever before.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-01-09 at 04:33 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    once you reach a certain level of ilvl, the upgrades slow down and become alot less common. so i would say theres not enough loot!! or the loot that is being thrown around is shit.
    Hi

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I don't think that the issue is "too much loot" more than it is "I vendor too much loot because it's almost always useless."

I think that it would be nicer if you could somehow apply loot towards other loot, maximizing the potential of loot that you like... sort of like destroying something with a tertiary stat and/or and apply it to something that you already have that is usable... Like, if you get legs with indestructible, you could offer gold and/or some form of currency and (perhaps through a maxed out profession) destroy weaker item and take the tertiary stat from it and apply it to your equipped item.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

We've had epics showered upon us from the casuals up to the super hardcore since BC. Epics have been as common as blues if not more so for a lot longer than they were ever "epic." - We've had the issue of getting disappointed by poorly itemized epics since at least WLK.

I don't care that a casual can get some really nice rewards from World Quests on the rare chance that they get a high titanforge. It doesn't impact me in the slightest. My base item level from running mythic+ dungeons makes the likelihood that I'll get a high titanforge much higher than the chance that someone will get one off an 840~ WQ epic.

I think my only "issue" is that they nerfed the +5 ilvl per level of M+ from beta.
    Though, I do understand why, since m6 would drop 870 loot as base which def would be too good a reward.

*shrug* hate waiting for resets and I haven't bothered trying to pug 8+

That being said, my bags have always been full of trash epics. Half of the loot from T6 was vendor trash. Most non tiered naxx 25/10 loot was garbage. Same with ulduar, same with ToC, Same with ICC, pretty much being the way things went till maybe ToT when thunderforges became a thing.

i would like better loot stats more than anything. Useful relics .
    But hey, I don't mind the mats for enchanting materials coming down...so , win in my book.