Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's not even the inauguration and I'm already losing my mind.
    I have family and friends in the states. I legitimately feel bad for you guys, considering the people themselves didn't vote this person into office.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    So I shouldnt watch an award show to avoid political speeches?
    Yes. Are you new to how awards shows work?

The winner goes up and barfs out shit. A lot of the time its only thanks, but a significant amount of time its not. Especially when you've won a lifetime achievement awards. You basically get to say whatever you want. Plug your passion project.

It's always been like this. Sorry that your cherry was only popped now because you were triggered she said very reasonable things about how you should treat everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I dunno, why are you jealous?
    I am not sure if you're being facetious or a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I have family and friends in the states. I legitimately feel bad for you guys, considering the people themselves didn't vote this person into office.
    Yes, they did. Unless you don't want to give everyone an equal voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Not at all little sheep, not at all.
    You elected a president who is a celebrity, but now have issues with celebrities? Now you call people sheep?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I think actors, unless we're talking about the gentleman in my avatar should stick to acting.
    You mean like how reality show hosts should stick to being on reality shows?

I guess you love being a hypocrite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Yes, they did. Unless you don't want to give everyone an equal voice.
    Uhm... I'm pretty sure that's what he means by 'people them selfs'. Meaning, the fact that everyone didn't have an equal voice, is why people them selfs didn't elect him. He needed the establishment to say what people mater less, so it wasn't people them selfs.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    "A celebrity shouldn't have a political opinion!"
    *turns around and votes for a celebrity*

You Trumpists never cease to amaze with your hypocrite behaviour.

He did.
    Good thing he actually decided to be a politician instead of remaining an arm chair one.

"A celebrity shouldn't have a political opinion!"
    *turns around and votes for a celebrity*

You Trumpists never cease to amaze with your hypocrite behaviour.

He did.
    No one said a celebrity shouldn't have a political opinion, we are saying there is a time and place to express it.

Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Good thing he actually decided to be a politician instead of remaining an arm chair one.
    Now Trump is a politician? I thought he was an outsider, not part of the establishment. In the time it took Trump to announce his candidacy, he stopped being a celebrity and became a politician? Sounds like we need to hear more from celebrities, before they become politicians over night.

No one said a celebrity shouldn't have a political opinion, we are saying there is a time and place to express it.

The same reason it's hard for people like Krazy to understand there are people that didn't like Clinton and also Trump.

Not giving everyone an equal voice (vote) is exactly how he won.
    So you want to live in a world where candidates only pander to two or three states and let the chips fall where they may on others? You want to see tax breaks for specifically New York and California? Maybe extra vacation days? Just take it out of the pay of people from every other state. Who cares!

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe because he thinks knowing the people running for office, is a good thing in avoiding the Trump excuse of 'he wasn't a politician then'. Maybe if more paid attention to Trump before he was a politician, a lot if the disagreement over his competence wouldn't exist.

Also, bonus points for telling a speaker who talked about free press and expression, to know their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Now Trump is a politician? I thought he was an outsider, not part of the establishment. In the time it took Trump to announce his candidacy, he stopped being a celebrity and became a politician? Sounds like we need to hear more from celebrities, before they become politicians over night.
    I thought he was a corporate stooge and pawn for Russia. You guys can't get your talking points in order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    So you want to live in a world where candidates only pander to two or three states and let the chips fall where they may on others? You want to see tax breaks for specifically New York and California? Maybe extra vacation days? Just take it out of the pay of people from every other state. Who cares!
    No, he wants the popular vote, not the current pandering to a few states. Remember, his argument is states shouldn't mater, yours is that it should. You know, how instead of saying tax breaks for NY and California, you would say largest portion of the population...

Why do you get to decide when that time and place is? I believe they decide that and then society decides how to respond. Simply saying "they shouldn't do that!" isn't a very good response.
    You see there is this thing called common sense, people like me shouldn't need to explain when a good time and place is.

Hardly. I think the world could survive without actors.
    Yes, but if you actually thought and reasoned it out, you'd understand why claiming they "hardly" contribute anything to society is shortsighted and ignorant.

Just to be clear, I don't actually expect you to do that. I'm just saying if you did you'd understand the ignorance required to make such a statement.

Like Hitchcock always said "actors are meat puppets with eyes" so in other words STFU. Nobody cares about your 2c
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I thought he was a corporate stooge and pawn for Russia. You guys can't get your talking points in order.
    He is... I wasn't the only claiming he was a politician, you were. I'm not disagreeing with him being a corporate stooge and pawn of Russia, it comes with the territory of incompetence. You need to explain your self, trying to tell me a I think he is incompetent is a big ol' duh...

I don't think that's a good thing.

Literally the first reaction to this thread was someone claiming actors should stick to acting.
    But I guess "no one said".
    I interpret that as, actors sticking to acting at a acting award, not that they shouldn't have a political opinion.

If she got up there and started ranting about the football, wouldn't you want her to shut up? Especially if you tuned in to see an award show?