Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Really?

I'm looking at logs now and the only classes that are above balance druids on Mythic Odyn are Spriest, Rogue and Warlock.

Mythic Guarm; Havoc, Mage, Paladin, Spriest, Rogue, Enhance Shaman, Demo (1 affliction log at number 1 the rest and destro are below top 10 balance) and warrior both specs. About level with Feral.

Mythic Helya is the fight where balance appears to struggle along side Feral, Ele and Demonology.

I am not saying Balance is in a good place but too much hyperbole doesn't make for meaningful discussion and paints an inaccurate picture for potential balance players or current balance players going into 7.1.5

We are middle pack of not lower mid and certainly not bottom!

what report are you looking at? are you talking about that 1 moonkin who was 45k above all other moonkin in the 2 week period? something is fishy about that parce 10 ilvs lower then others. No other spec had that big of a difference between #1 and #2.

if we look at raw averages of even then 90% it sure paints a better picture.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=80&boss=1958
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=1958

Both show at least 8-12 above
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...958&dataset=80
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...958&dataset=90

Priest Shadow 541,874.0 711,288.0 2,789
    Rogue Subtlety 500,033.8 551,767.0 267
    Warlock Affliction 482,113.1 601,746.0 652
    Rogue Assassination 476,343.8 582,194.0 2,641
    Rogue Outlaw 472,874.0 617,197.0 289
    Druid Feral 468,835.2 545,690.0 593
    Warlock Destruction 467,738.0 590,981.0 2,266
    Warlock Demonology 465,514.0 554,243.0 369
    Paladin Retribution 448,030.0 558,230.0 1,943
    Warrior Arms 443,502.6 548,667.0 1,268
    Shaman Enhancement 442,394.0 562,671.0 1,550
    Death Knight Frost 441,981.1 537,416.0 1,790
    Druid Balance 435,846.8 578,032.0 2,181

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    I think he's refuting the "boomkin top 10 parses vs. other spec's averages" claim, not averages vs. averages.
    i made reference to both.

averages show the clear picture

max vs average show that on most fights our best kills are not beating other classes averages.
    Some fights this is acceptable for some classes since..shadow priest....everyone accepts they were broken for a few fights.

we are middle, if you discount some pure dps classes underplayed/unplayed specs then we are lower middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i made reference to both.

averages show the clear picture

max vs average show that on most fights our best kills are not beating other classes averages.
    Some fights this is acceptable for some classes since..shadow priest....everyone accepts they were broken for a few fights.

we are middle, if you discount some pure dps classes underplayed/unplayed specs then we are lower middle.
    I think everyone here agrees with that though. We're all aware boomies are just a bit below middle-of-the-pack, so hopefully we receive more than just a 4% buff through the aura. I mean, look at Feral: why should Feral do more DPS on Odyn, when Odyn has dot cleave up for more than 30% of the fight?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the stupid question, BUT, where are the patch notes for 7.15?
    Shouldn't we have something 24 hours before the patch?

reposting some interesting figures:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...3c72&sle=true#

yay #18 dps spec out of 26 (no tier bonuses)

Quote Originally Posted by limis View Post
    reposting some interesting figures:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...3c72&sle=true#

yay #18 dps spec out of 26 (no tier bonuses)
    In Bold Letters

Also, IGNORE THE RAW NUMBERS, just focus on the % gains

Simcraft is really bad for some specs right now... Ive seen 2 different APL's for arcane for example one is 480k one is 650k. Not to Mention final tuning will not happen till after heroic week 1 even if simcraft was right.

Other classes that are low on those sim's.

Ret (who mechanically lost 0 damage and got a 13% buff to make up for losing might 13% damage) Most assume will compete for top melee spec but its lower than moonkin on that chart.

Shadow priest. (Still really strong on PTR but 200k behind arcane mages on this chart and equal to moonkin?)

Outlaw Rogue 700k and #1 rogue spec????? LOLOLOLOL ask any top rogue right now. before the sub tier nerf it was Sub>Assas>Outlaw now its 100% Assas>Sub>Outlaw... Outlaw has to be getting simmed to hit 6 bones every roll or some shit... Those sims are horrendous.

The only way I can assume those numbers being right are some classes being simmed without Legendaries and some without.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-01-09 at 11:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought we'd get some more class changes / ability modifications / talents, but i guess blizzard are happy with boomies. I dont see how anyone could be. are there simply no developers who main balance druid??? wtf is going on
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i thought we'd get some more class changes / ability modifications / talents, but i guess blizzard are happy with boomies. I dont see how anyone could be. are there simply no developers who main balance druid??? wtf is going on
    I'd be happy with a dev having a balance alt

Don't worry wait until the PTR patch for Boomkin changes. Then wait for the holiday break to be over for Boomkin changes. Then wait a week after Nighthold releases for Boomkin changes. Then wait a week after Nighthold mythic releases for changes. Then wait for the next PTR patch for Boomkin changes. Then wait for the next expansion for Boomkin changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Then wait for the next expansion for Boomkin changes.
    I feel like this is too close to the truth and makes me cry. I am crying right now, and my students in class are looking at me funny, and it's hard to explain to them that moonkins are ignored. "What is a moonkin?" they ask. The really sad part is this: I think Blizzard devs ask the same questions and are just as confused as my students.

You guys act like moonkins have always been a top class and now that suddenly in Legion we arnt top, the class is dead.. News flash. Boomkins havnt been top in awhile. Even on Blackhand when boomkin flap was needed, people found better classes to do the ledges like hunters and warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    You guys act like moonkins have always been a top class and now that suddenly in Legion we arnt top, the class is dead.. News flash. Boomkins havnt been top in awhile. Even on Blackhand when boomkin flap was needed, people found better classes to do the ledges like hunters and warlocks.
    Boomkins had great burst and insane aoe

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Don't worry wait until the PTR patch for Boomkin changes. Then wait for the holiday break to be over for Boomkin changes. Then wait a week after Nighthold releases for Boomkin changes. Then wait a week after Nighthold mythic releases for changes. Then wait for the next PTR patch for Boomkin changes. Then wait for the next expansion for Boomkin changes.
    this is the mentality that is advocated by many here, isn't ? Where are they now? I need them to tell me boomkin is gonna be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Boomkins had great burst and insane aoe
    Yea which is why we were top for Kormrok and Iskar right? Oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Surely boomkin wasn't because of flap, but mostly because with our 4pc we could have CDs every other balcony, which paired with starfall, dots and NV meant we could solo them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Celestalon said in an interview at blizzcon that balance is only getting numerical adjustments, so we've known about that for a while now.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killuha View Post
    Celestalon said in an interview at blizzcon that balance is only getting numerical adjustments, so we've known about that for a while now.
    4% aura and 12.5 mastery value, what great numbers these are. Next time they will give us a 0.05% buff, and many would be happy we've given a numbers change.

and the dream is over

The damage done by most Balance spells has been increased by 4%.
    Echoing Stars (Artifact Trait) damage increased by 20%.
    Fury of Elune damage increased by 17%.
    Mastery: Starlight now increases Empowerment effects by 18% (was 16%), and per-Mastery amount increased accordingly.
    Rapid Innervation now gives 10% haste (was 20%).
    Shooting Stars damage increased by 31%.
    Soul of the Forest now increases Empowerments by 20% (was 15%) and reduces Starfall cost by 20 (was 10).
    Stellar Drift increases Starfall damage by 60% (was 20%).
    Stellar Flare cost reduced to 10 astral power (was 15), direct damage increased by 25% and damage over time increased by 23%.
    Warrior of Elune now affect 3 Lunar Strikes (was 2).

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    and the dream is over

The damage done by most Balance spells has been increased by 4%.
    Echoing Stars (Artifact Trait) damage increased by 20%.
    Fury of Elune damage increased by 17%.
    Mastery: Starlight now increases Empowerment effects by 18% (was 16%), and per-Mastery amount increased accordingly.
    Rapid Innervation now gives 10% haste (was 20%).
    Shooting Stars damage increased by 31%.
    Soul of the Forest now increases Empowerments by 20% (was 15%) and reduces Starfall cost by 20 (was 10).
    Stellar Drift increases Starfall damage by 60% (was 20%).
    Stellar Flare cost reduced to 10 astral power (was 15), direct damage increased by 25% and damage over time increased by 23%.
    Warrior of Elune now affect 3 Lunar Strikes (was 2).
    people will tell you to wait some more, there is the week after heroic, there is 7.2, there is next expansion, we are fine!

Take a look over all changes. Did you see any other spec get a "buff" with the number lower than 4%?
    Almost all specs got at least 5% buff. Half of specs even got more than 10 percent. But we only got 4.
    So a flat 4% damage increased is not a real buff but actually a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by phiobos View Post
    Take a look over all changes. Did you see any other spec get a "buff" with the number lower than 4%?
    Almost all specs got at least 5% buff. Half of specs even got more than 10 percent. But we only got 4.
    So a flat 4% damage increased is not a real buff but actually a nerf.
    I saw other classes get more than 4%, and I also saw them get gutted too