Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilpixel View Post
    I was a bit surprised, I'm whiter then sour cream but apparently I'm not.

imgur.com/su8qDcx unable to post links due to limited post count.
    I'm confused.

You say "but apparently I'm not" but the thing you linked is mostly white north/west/south european O_o
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

7+ Year Old Account
    reminds me of this video of the white supremacist realizing he's partly sub saharan african

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    reminds me of this video of the white supremacist realizing he's partly sub saharan african

This one?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6tPs78ofDPo

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    So, who have I been racist against exactly?
    You are not Canadian, that makes you problematic by definition.

I did it, happy with the results.

My great grandmother said that her grandfather in turn was a Norwegian fisherman who moved to Scotland and turned his hand to farming.

Not wanting to invest time/effort/money into the genealogical side of ancestry research, a DNA test seemed easier. Turned out I do have some Norwegian/Scandinavian ancestry after all.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I would love mandatory testing for black Americans so they can see they are literally 40-70% white and they can stop with all the racial undertones of their politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, never been interested in knowing really. Someone in my family tried to trace our family history, didn't turn up anything interesting though.

anyway, most of my family is fair skinned, blonde hair etc, so i don't think it would turn up anything amazing or surprising, and even if it did turn up than 1/3 Egyptian or something, i don't really care.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! Mostly to check for genetic disease alleles, which I don't have any of, but I do carry 1 copy of a broken gene :'(

The ethnicity stuff is interesting too I guess. No big surprises there.

Deleted
    I did the Ancestry DNA testing.

98% European, 1% East Asian and 1% was ''undertermined''. That was 5 years ago when data base wasn't as rich as it is now.
    I will do another one in 2020 just to see if there are any differences between the two.

I had 77% North European, 18% Central European and 5% Iberian.

I have marble pale skin, deep sea blue eyes and mousish/dark blonde hair.
    196 cm tall.
    Last edited by mmoc70129fcef2; 2017-01-09 at 02:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    If the results say you're half Mexican and half Serbian, I suppose that is kind of cool to know, but both of those countries are less than 200 years old meaning that those identities are modern inventions.
    I forgive you for not knowing the history of Serbia. It's far older than 200 years.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Keep in mind a few things.

23andme has already been shut down a few times for shoddy product. It's not perfect. It's for fun, not education or information. Don't make decisions off it without consulting a doctor and getting a real, actual test for something.
    Their DNA testing kit was put on hold for a while due to congressional posturing and FDA getting involved, saying that 23andMe's tests were being used as a "medical device". The uproar was based around one doctor using the kit against the company's explicit warning that the genetic results were not to be used as a basis for treatment, but he used it for that purpose anyway. The FDA got their panties in a bunch over it, but that's all that happened.

23andMe itself never shut down, and the hold on the test wasn't because the company did anything illegal or wrong, and certainly not for a "shoddy product."

Your medical information (not the actual private stuff, but information nonetheless) will likely be sold off to a company for use. It's not a huge deal but some people have issues with that.
    The information that's collected is genetic analytics. "58% of white people have the gene that causes cilantro to taste like soap" for example. It's not anyone's specific medical information, since people's identities aren't attached to the data, nor is there any "medical" data collected. Just genetic data.
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2017-01-09 at 03:53 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I have, through ancestry DNA, it was not a surprise to me:
    ]
    One of your ancestors went a long way to quench his thirst.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sent my sample off, and uh, if the results are true I need to rethink some of the things I've said for certain nations/ethnicities....

Has anyone else tried this company's testing? Are they accurate or should I take it with a big pinch of salt?
    I am extremely interested in it.

It seems to be the newest trend in discovering your lineage.

My family honestly can't agree on where our ancestors are from, and my grandparents on my father side are dead. So I really really want to know.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I sent my sample off, and uh, if the results are true I need to rethink some of the things I've said for certain nations/ethnicities....

Has anyone else tried this company's testing? Are they accurate or should I take it with a big pinch of salt?
    Don't they tell you about the reliability of the test results? If you're concerned about something you should talk it over with your doctor just in case ...

Deleted
    Wow. Great topic when I just have looked over many essays about "sociology of the body". Alois Hahn said some great things about it, about "danger" and "risk" and how a society has to get ready to judge correctly which in our very current year is likely impossible. The "harmony milieu" is far too strong at the moment and they will redirect this DNA tests into a direction where people with x DNA are considered dangerous instead of the risk of having x exists and is controllable.

Well this is all about making quick bucks. Obviously the actual value of the results is very limited. (ie if you're predisposed to certain types of breast cancer you'll likely get tested anyway and don't need to rely on third party dna test centers.)

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I've considered it, but I haven't had enough drive to actually get it done yet.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    You need a real DNA test to find out what your ancestry is. Spitting into a vial and mailing it off isn't going to tell you anything. The asking price is too high as well. 100 dollars? For what? So they can look me up on google and send it back to me saying "oh you're italian and part african probably I dunno lol".

15+ Year Old Account
    I had to wait for 3 months but finally got the results.
    I ordered the whole report (health + ancestry) and I was not that surprised to find out that I'm 97.4% European, nor that I have elite power athlete muscle composition
    However it was good to find out that I have no genetic diseases.
    I paid $199 for this. Was it worth it? In a way, yeah. My last name is unusual for Balkans (where I was born) so I wanted to find out where I could be from. According to the report I'm 74.2% southern european, 12.2% eastern european, a few percent oceanian, indian and northwestern european.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I had to wait for 3 months but finally got the results.
    I ordered the whole report (health + ancestry) and I was not that surprised to find out that I'm 97.4% European, nor that I have elite power athlete muscle composition
    However it was good to find out that I have no genetic diseases.
    I paid $199 for this. Was it worth it? In a way, yeah. My last name is unusual for Balkans (where I was born) so I wanted to find out where I could be from. According to the report I'm 74.2% southern european, 12.2% eastern european, a few percent oceanian, indian and northwestern european.
    So does that make you 1% victim then?