Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    And again, this is entertainment and a celebration of her work in entertainment not in politics. No one watched it to hear any of their political views. They were there to be entertained as well as to celebrate their work.

Politics has no place in that format or at that time. Just as you don't go watch a football game to hear the announcers spout off their political views.

There is a time and place for things and the GG wasn't the place to spout off your opinion on politics. She can purchase her own TV time for that.
    Awards shows have done this for years. You still apparently don't seem to get that.

ONLY NOW its suddenly a problem.

Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    And again, this is entertainment and a celebration of her work in entertainment not in politics. No one watched it to hear any of their political views. They were there to be entertained as well as to celebrate their work.

Politics has no place in that format or at that time. Just as you don't go watch a football game to hear the announcers spout off their political views.

There is a time and place for things and the GG wasn't the place to spout off your opinion on politics. She can purchase her own TV time for that.
    First Amendment........

Also this has been going on as long as award shows has been around.

Are you new here?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the Trump supporters get triggered by a liberal speaking their mind?

Tough shit.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post

Tough shit.
    They need their safe space.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Except, you know, that ilk and cuck have entirely different connotations. Do you actually know what ilk means? Are you aware its not actually defaultly negative in its connotation?
    It's negative by purpose of you being excessively negative. But who is my ilk?

The people I was laughing at when they thought Hillary was going to jail or her email server thing wasn't new age Benghazi?

The people I am fully aware would be having a tantrum and I'd be calling them babies if Trump lost?

The people I don't vote for because look how Florida is run?

You are the second person to talk about my "ilk" without actually describing why. So, we're really back to 2009 where idiots get in line talk about fools voting for "Obummer". And I didn't even vote for Trump, so it really is blind lashing out.

Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    Just pointing out how obvious your dodge attempt is by trying to educate you on the underlying literary device you're ignoring.

But it's your choice; you can leave your shit on the floor. Carry on.
    It's not a dodge attempt. It's a technicality based on the factual text present. Not the hypothetical.

10+ Year Old Account

Tough shit.
    Ironic isn't it -- They championed Trump because he "tells it like it is"

But someone dare speak ill of the God Emperor -- they need to be silenced and just stick to acting.

Oh those Trump-Humpers are just as hilarious as their Orange Clown.

It's negative by purpose of you being excessively negative.
    lol, I'm out.

xD

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Oh hush, the irony is lost on those people.
    That's because they elected him, can't say the same about Meryl Streep. Maybe when her opinion is worth something, then she too can be elected! oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    So why did you mention a liberal arts degree then? You're either attacking me attacking people with liberal arts degrees. Like somehow it's inferior yet they at least taught you to read, right?
    By stating you have to obviously have a degree given that is the go to degree and under the assumption that they teach you general reading comprehension, but maybe not?

15+ Year Old Account

Tough shit.
    Well their leader was triggered as well, so they can't really help it. These are the type of underemployed/unemployed rust belt workers that would volunteer for the million strong immigration raid teams to "process" them.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post

But someone dare speak ill of the God Emperor -- they need to be silenced and just stick to acting.

No they didn't get triggered, they just don't understand, and I the same, wtf was about her speech. It was inappropriate, like giving a "eat heathy kids" speech at a senior's retirement center. The venue was about tv shows, movies and media, not politics or social justice. They graded films not political articles!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    lol, I'm out.

xD
    Yep. Full mirror of posters talking about Cucks.

What a tragedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post

Do you think my point is not valid for DJT as well? It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. Keep linking pictures instead of using your brain though, that seems to be your MO so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I'd ask what office she's running for and what she plans to do with the position.
    Well, no that doesn't make her a politician. Remember when you claimed Trump became one. She will lie that she isn't until she wins.

I can't see fault in shit like that. It's mastubatory. Like how McCain/Palin had that maverick tag.
    Being a maverick is not the same as being a politician.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Tell me again why people are upset about a celebrity voicing their opinion about another celebrity.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post

She didn't even name him, which makes me think that much like Zenkai, a lot of the posters attacking her and defending Trump, didn't even watch the speech. She didn't actually say anything controversial...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    No they didn't get triggered, they just don't understand, and I the same, wtf was about her speech. It was inappropriate, like giving a "eat heathy kids" speech at a senior's retirement center. The venue was about tv shows, movies and media, not politics or social justice. They graded films not political articles!
    Oh they got very much triggered as both this thread and Trump's tweets have indicated. I know it's hard to understand a humanitarian speech when you have your head so far up Trump's ass it's hard to tell where you end and he starts but the discussion of politics has been going on during award shows for years. You're only triggered because someone said something bad about the guy you've been banging on and on about for quite some time. I do apologize that her speech had an adverse effect on the low information, low-income, and extremely gullible Trump support team.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    She didn't even name him, which makes me think that much like Zenkai, a lot of the posters attacking her and defending Trump, didn't even watch the speech. She didn't actually say anything controversial...
    Empathy towards fellow Americans is apparently controversial enough to some people. Acknowledging that someone in power did something unacceptable to another American seems to be far-fetched to the Trump supporters.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2017-01-09 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Tell me again why people are upset about a celebrity voicing their opinion about another celebrity.
    Because Baron Trump said so... and I don't mean his son...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Well, no that doesn't make her a politician. Remember when you claimed Trump became one. She will lie that she isn't until she wins.

Being a maverick is not the same as being a politician.
    It's the same thing as being not a politician. It means whatever positive thing you want to voters to think.

Like that Washington outsider bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Because it's annoyed me since 2006, but this year is going to be absurd with grandstanding.