Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Which champions do you use?

Curious which 5 everyone's chosen, also which bodyguard/combat ally you use and why.

Edit: Any/all classes. I'm an altoholic. :P
    Last edited by Lane; 2017-01-09 at 04:58 PM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    For what class? This is General Discussion, did you mean to post for a specific class in their subforum?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I always use combat ally that I can control (ability with cooldown), because I know how enemy bodyguards are irritating on PVP servers. Champions, after I leveled all to epic - random, I usually have 200% on AP/Gold/Mark of Honor missions anyway.

Confusing post. I saw "Champions" and thought someone was posting about League of Legends in the WoW forums (they're usually referred to as followers). Either way, each class has different ones, so you can't ask a generic question like this in GD. You're better off going to your class-specific forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never use combat ally, because 4 champions is not enough for missions..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I never use it tbh, they're rather annoying to have around.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Confusing post. I saw "Champions" and thought someone was posting about League of Legends in the WoW forums (they're usually referred to as followers). Either way, each class has different ones, so you can't ask a generic question like this in GD. You're better off going to your class-specific forum.
    Never played LoL so wouldn't know. Since their technical description is champion that's how I headed the post.

I'm an altoholic, so that'd mean posting this thread in every single class forum.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm an altoholic, so that'd mean posting this thread in every single class forum.
    That would be bad. Crossposting and all that.

Maybe you should just pick your own favourites, or keep the question to using a bodyguard yes/no and if so, which and why.

Edit: For the sake of argument, I present you with the following evidence of why every Priest out there should run with Sol at all times. Taken straight from the top comment of Wowhead:

Quote Originally Posted by Sephramus
    So, the most important thing to know about Sol is that he is a stone-cold badass. If you aren’t taking this muscle-bound slab of lightspawn into the broken isles, you should just uninstall and go throw your computer into a trash can, because Sol has a Master’s Degree in bringing the pain and a PHD in keeping your stupid-ass alive. He literally gives no @#$%s, and will fight anything in the game while screaming “I AM LIGHT INCARNATE” and critting them with massive holy smites from the heavens.

Accidentally pull all of Suramar’s market because you got caught with your pants down by an orbitist? Don’t worry, Sol’s gonna keep you alive with his sweet, sweet healing because he knows that you guys are boys. A so-called group world boss punching your squishy priest body for more than you can shadowmend? Hit fade, and Sol will laugh as he absorbs the blows and keeps on bringing the fiery pain. And in the unlikely event that they take Sol down to 0, Sol just tells your enemies “I will return” and sure as *!@# comes back to life 5 seconds later to keep bringing the pain.

If you do send him out into the world on an Order mission because your job of farming world-quests gets interrupted by your ^&*!ty real-life job, Sol is even a badass there. Sol has countered entire missions by himself, taking on giant birds, angry ghosts, and horny demons with ease. But, don’t send him alone, because Sol gives 15% Bonus Success if he takes acolytes with him. That’s because Sol knows how to party, after crushing a keg Sol and your acolytes will be so hyped that the even Sargeras will be ^&*!ting himself in fear.

Take him world questing, take him exploring, take him to the club to pick up Draenei chicks with those massive guns he calls arms, doesn’t matter. Sol is your loyal wingman, and when you’re walking around with this guy, players and NPCs know you mean business. When your priests are talking about praising the light, they aren’t talking about some unknown human god, they’re talking directly about the unspeakable badass that is Sol.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2017-01-09 at 05:01 PM.

Never played LoL so wouldn't know. Since their technical description is champion that's how I headed the post.

They're all located on your "followers" tab. Also, each class technically has a "bis" setup for followers, which can usually be found on the internet. Anyone straying from the norm is probably not using an ideal setup, which includes the best way to counter all mission abilities. Bodyguards are kinda useless once you're geared enough anyway, and the meager gold/resources they give you isn't worth wasting a follower slot (imo of course). I'd rather have 5 followers to tackle the missions, than 4 + bodyguard, since bodyguards can't be sent out.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I never use combat ally, because 4 champions is not enough for missions..
    You miss a lot gold or resources. With proper equipment you can even got 100 gold or 150 resources for every single world quest that you do with combat ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Maybe you should just pick your own favourites, or keep the question to using a bodyguard yes/no and if so, which and why.
    I didn't think the question was that complicated. Most of my alts haven't completed their class hall campaign, so I'm always left wondering if I should bother fleshing out the champions I have or wait until I get better (if they are). Thought I'd pick the brains of those who've probably had them all unlocked for months and see who they picked, there might be synergies I'm missing.

The bodyguard thing was mostly tacked on at the end. It's not like I don't notice every single priest using the lightspawn at 110, for example, but I thought it'd be interesting to ask anyway. I've never played around with the combat allies, so maybe they have abilities that outshine a full on bodyguard or maybe it's just personal preference.

As a Paladin I use Arator, Liadrin, Aponi, and Boros for missions and Lothraxion as a combat ally. It's not the most ideal setup for champion missions but I really wanted Lothraxion as a combat ally and this provides good mission coverage given that choice.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    As a Paladin I use Arator, Liadrin, Aponi, and Boros for missions and Lothraxion as a combat ally. It's not the most ideal setup for champion missions but I really wanted Lothraxion as a combat ally and this provides good mission coverage given that choice.
    IT IS I LORTHAXION! We have no idea who he is, but hes openinglines were cringy as fuck..

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You miss a lot gold or resources. With proper equipment you can even got 100 gold or 150 resources for every single world quest that you do with combat ally.

It's absolutely more beneficial to spam missions with followers then to try and maintain them for extra resources/gold. You can send followers on missions for 1500-2000g missions pretty frequently. Also not everyone spams WQs, I certainly don't.

As a warrior I use Dvalen for the extra order resources, haven't gotten other classes so far yet.

Druid with the silly non-bear night elf tank dude. In missions, Remulos, Hamuul, the heal girl and I can't remember the other. I wish Hamuul could be my bodyguard.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathme View Post
    It's absolutely more beneficial to spam missions with followers then to try and maintain them for extra resources/gold. You can send followers on missions for 1500-2000g missions pretty frequently. Also not everyone spams WQs, I certainly don't.
    For me 4 followers are good enough to always clear all important missions. I don't spam WQ... yet. When they enable flying, I will sometimes do all quick world quest (cooking for bacon, gathering one, quick rares) it will probably take less than 30 minutes and give a lot of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious which 5 everyone's chosen, also which bodyguard/combat ally you use and why.

Edit: Any/all classes. I'm an altoholic. :P
    I don't use a bodyguard/ally, and I just pick the first five whom are prepared to due for my greed, I mean, the order's need.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Finished two campaigns.

Priest selection seems obvious. Five champions have +success and a good mix of counters.

Warlock, less so. Five champions have +success but excess of Minion counters. To get a mix of counters I have to give up at least one +success trait.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Paladin follower vindicator Boros is super strong for tank for combat ally, his taunt actually works on "Danger" world quests, whereas hunter and voidwalker seem immune to it.

With proper items I pretty much always use 1 follower with world quest bonus (100 resources, 50 gold), and the rest I can usually do 2 missions at 200% with 4 of the m, sometimes swap out 1.

Having 1 follower with items that are buffing troops helps a ton too, sometimes you don't need to counter like an increased cost, or duration, and when you only use heroes or 1 health troops, a green skull isn't that important to counter either.

Cursed(no bonus) and reduced mission success are the most important to counter.

Really I try to prioritize +750 gold or artifact power missions anyway to get 200%, I don't mind not getting 200% on some equipment box.