Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    so will the new patch legit go live without the (old) malefic grasp animation ?

Deleted
    Guess so. Shame, affliction could do with some visuals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Guess so. Shame, affliction could do with some visuals
    Fixed : Shame, warlock could do with some visuals (even the old one).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    You have to compare Implosion vs. Impending Doom and Improved Dreadstalkers, not Implosion vs. nothing.
    With Imp DS, you have 2 extra imps - +36% demonbolt damage, +10% doom damage with belt.
    With Impending Doom, on a 5 minute fight, you get ~25 Doom ticks instead of ~20, which means 5 more shards to spend and 25 more imps.

Also, only Implosion has a GCD cost on that talent tier.
    Besides the fact that you will blow up imps with longer then 2s remaining. With my 41% I will always have 8 imps out unless heavy movement/lifetap. Thus I either Implode with every HoG, losing about 50% uptime or I implode 1 set with <2s and 1 set with 8s left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post
    Fixed : Shame, warlock could do with some visuals (even the old one).
    Demo and destruction do have some; as an afflock most of what I see is me waving my arms, barely visible purple glows and a purple beam lol

Don;t even benefit from green fire except burning rush and dreadsteed lol

Demo and destruction do have some; as an afflock most of what I see is me waving my arms, barely visible purple glows and a purple beam lol

Don;t even benefit from green fire except burning rush and dreadsteed lol
    Soul flame procs have a green spell effect on your hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    so will the new patch legit go live without the (old) malefic grasp animation ?

We got fantastic Wotlk Drain Soul animation.

Deleted
    lol official patch notes say Malefic Grasp is 20%

lol official patch notes say Malefic Grasp is 20%
    It was originally this in the first build right? Perhaps it's just an error in the patch notes. Here's hoping.

Deleted
    oh got the patch notes. so many screw ups. Malefic Grasp 20%, Grimoire of Synergy listed as Affliction ability. Oh boy blizzard come on

Grimoire of Supremacy now reduces Doom Guard’s Doom Bolt damage by 20%.
    Grimoire of Synergy bonus damage is now 35% (was 40%). (under destruction)

what the hell is going on with those patch notes?

Deleted
    It was. It was also worthless at 20%

It's either a typo or affliction is, err, fucked. It would be crazy to have it at 80% and then take it down to 20% live.

Particularly when almost every other class starts with "the damage of most abilities has been increased...."

That's probably aimed at the legendary nerfs as compensation, but the affliction BIS got hammered by 50% with no generalised increase: it's all built into Malfic Grasp/Haunt/Contagion. Our basic spells are the same.

Affliction will have worst single target than now. Gratz Blizz, only you could achieve it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    oh got the patch notes. so many screw ups. Malefic Grasp 20%, Grimoire of Synergy listed as Affliction ability. Oh boy blizzard come on

Grimoire of Synergy bonus damage is now 35% (was 40%). (under destruction)

what the hell is going on with those patch notes?
    Yeah...that Supremacy nerf is under destruction. They are either pushing using the Imp and the Doomguard cooldown very hard indeed, or it's a fuckup, and it's a 20% buff, for destruction only, to bring up it's ST

It is just plain weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    This is probs legit. It'll be there to stop it Doomguard under Supremacy from being too good, which I'm fine with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Affliction will have worst single target than now. Gratz Blizz, only you could get it.
    It's GOT to be a screwup. I can;t see them buffing it to 80% on the PTR and then dropping it back down to 20% at the last minute. If it;s true then affliction is screwed, as almost every other class seems to have had buffs handed out like free candy.

A 20% Malefic Grasp is worthless. It's why it's 80%. This has got to be a mistake.

The notes are clearly riddled with typos, you people are weird.

Also WEW! Did not expect them to actually change this:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mortal Coil now always heals you, regardless of whether the target is affected by the Horror.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2017-01-09 at 09:27 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esinar View Post
    This is probs legit. It'll be there to stop it Doomguard under Supremacy from being too good, which I'm fine with.
    iirc on the PTR the Supremacy Doomguard did more...but only for destruction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esinar View Post
    what?

as far as I know it was actually buffed on the PTR to increase Destructions single target damage. Service was buffed too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Also WEW! Did not expect them to actually change this:

Mortal Coil now always heals you, regardless of whether the target is affected by the Horror.
    Yeah. These notes come across as very rushed. Out at the last minute and riddled with mistakes, plus generalisms about "spells and abilities being increased" but not much about which ones or how much.

Destruction for example, has that. On the PTR that's a buff aura which is quicker than applying changes to individual abilities, but on live, we should be seeing which abilities and by how much. iirc it was about 4% on a number of things.

There was a bit of a row about the lateness of the notes and Ornyx got a bit heated. It comes across as rushe dout at the last minute and a job handed to someone who doesn;t actually know but is typed from a scribbled list lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I simply expect more quality from a billion dollar company

They are, in fact, the official patch notes from Blizzard.