Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why does Blizzard not care about tank balance?

I find it disgusting how overpowered druids are compared to the other tanks, along with being brainless they are to play. why does blizzard not balance this? Do people simply not complain enough about tank balance?
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Uh... They're being nerfed tomorrow..

Because it's blizzard? Have they ever cared about anything but your wallet? As long you keep paying they don't give a single fuck...

not..really? you must be unaware how far ahead they are
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Druids and warriors are both getting nerfed tomorrow, while other tanks are getting buffed. Tier bonuses also help quite a bit.

Tank balance will be pretty good after tomorrow, but if you're failing at content while trying to run with something other than a bear than it sounds like a personal problem.

Yeah they are geting a small nerf, they won't be removed from #1.

Aren't most of the tanks is a good spot.

Druid > War > Pally are all solid DH > and maybe Brewmaster if literally there was more than 10 people playing then, might need a tad bit work.

I guess in that sense, ya the other two need work.

Healers are almost all pretty damn close to each other.

Brewmaster is so so so strong if you know what you are doing, we use one in our alt run since hes still gearing it, and it makes it so there is such a smooth damage curve and no real surprises.

Why do children like you always make emotive titles "Blizz don't caaaaaaare!"

What constructive stuff is going to come of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    not..really? you must be unaware how far ahead they are
    Considering I've played one for 7 years, and rerolled away from it for Legion because it's not fun anymore, but still have it and every other class at cap and legendaries on every tank, yeah I don't have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    Considering I've played one for 7 years, and rerolled away from it for Legion because it's not fun anymore, but still have it and every other class at cap and legendaries on every tank, yeah I don't have a clue.
    if your so informative tell me why I need to blow all my cooldowns on a paladin to tank odyn at 20 stacks while our bear needs no cooldowns. and dont say because im bad I tanked the +15 achievement in november. and its my offspec

15+ Year Old Account
    if your so informative tell me why I need to blow all my cooldowns on a paladin to tank odyn at 20 stacks while our bear needs no cooldowns. and dont say because im bad I tanked the +15 achievement in november. and its my offspec
    Provide logs and we can probably dissect it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Each tank has different skills and different things they are strong at. What exactly do you want them balanced against?

DPS, TPS, HPS, DtPS, Effective Health, Required Healing?

This is no different than asking Healers to be balanced when X is overpowered in Y situation.

Quote Originally Posted by mmouser View Post
    Each tank has different skills and different things they are strong at. What exactly do you want them balanced against?

DPS, TPS, HPS, DtPS, Effective Health, Required Healing?

This is no different than asking Healers to be balanced when X is overpowered in Y situation.
    DtPS ofcourse they are tanks

DtPS ofcourse they are tanks
    Great, now provide us proof that on average one tank is worse than other on DtPS. Because I can look at the top "Execution rankings" for odyn and sort by damage taken, I see a variety of tanks and a wide swing of damage taken.

For example, look at the Serenity kill.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=damage-taken

Bear vs Pally and....omg the bear takes a very similar amount of damage.

Look at a kill by "Slack":
    The bear takes way less than Serenitys bear but the warrior picks up the slack.

Nova:
    Bears are taking similar damage to slootbag who is a pally

Now DtPS logs can easily be skewed because your tank can forget to taunt at X stacks or your healers are not providing externals or whatever. If you want to avoid all of that, then create a bunch of SimC profiles and show us that one take is significantly worse than another.

Deleted
    Blizzard cares. Dint worry, it will all be good
    Just because YOU disagree with them on some designs, its wrong to claim that "they don't care".

7+ Year Old Account
    I find it disgusting how overpowered druids are compared to the other tanks, along with being brainless they are to play. why does blizzard not balance this? Do people simply not complain enough about tank balance?
    I think that the reason why they don't see it as a big problem, is because the other tanks are not really bad... Its just druid, that is really good If you can't do current content with your tanks, no matter what class they are, it is more about how they play and not how the tanks are tuned. Tanks are doing very fine atm, some are just doing more then others, but it does not really matter too much, since tanks can't really carry with their stats. It has been a long time ago since i have seen a fight where tank gear/hp/stats were the problem and not dps, hps or amount of skill in each player.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Its the preraid. Nighthold is the big raid. They're doing a bunch of tuning in prep for it.

Overall tank balance is looking pretty good going into nighthold with these 7.1.5 changes.

Top tier tanks will be guardian/BRM monk, followed by paladins. Warriors, DH's, and DK's will be bottom, but significantly better/stronger than they were in EN, and overall the difference between a guardian (best) and a DK (worst) is going to be way smaller than it is now. BRM has a bunch of cheese abilities, and will probably be the most popular tank in NH cutting edge race progression for the top 200 guilds, and by the time anybody not in the top 200 gets there, pretty much everybody will be overgeared as hell and it wont matter.

tanks are fine.

- - - Updated - - -

1. You tanked +15 achiev on your off spec as paladin... so... are you saying that isnt that bad... because you have done it.
    2. Cant understand why in the hell you would put "I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild." i mean, why??? who cares about it lel.

Deleted
    because blizzard has never cared about tank balance as long as every tank can do the content (but if you applied that very same argument to dps specs, oh boy...)

seeing prot paladin dps or druid/brm survivability makes me puke, but what can you do. to be fair, not every tank can be perfectly equal when it comes to surviving, some models being more bursty than others is to be expected. i have a really hard time understanding how tank dps can be left in such a wild imbalanced state though
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2017-01-09 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Brewmaster is so so so strong if you know what you are doing, we use one in our alt run since hes still gearing it, and it makes it so there is such a smooth damage curve and no real surprises.
    Thing with BrMs is that they become stronger the harder the content is (ie the stronger the boss hits them, the better stagger becomes as a mitigation mechanic).

So in Normal or even Heroic level raids, they probably rank towards the bottom (unless there is a specific boss mechanic where stagger shines, like Odyn's 6m+ damage spear), however, the more spike damage and more damage over all a boss does, the better Stagger will scale in comparison with the other tank mechanics.

So in NH, we may actually see some BrMs for Mythic raids, we'll see. They might still not be as good as G Drus for most of the fights though, and Prot Pallies are still the best OTs in the game simply because of their invaluable utility (spell warding, Blessings, LoH, ranged silence shield, etc) on top of their good mitigation.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama