Arms Warrior 2pc/4pc Swap

It only makes sense, especially with how much the 2 additional seconds on Battle Cry increases our overall damage.

However, being FORCED to use 4 pieces of Tier 19 with how poorly it's all itemized is very unfortunate. I would not be remotely disappointed with this change if the importance of Mastery was recognized.

What I am talking about:

Update (4:00 AM EST): In addition to the changes announced below, the 2 piece and 4 piece set bonuses have been swapped for the following two specs: Beast Mastery Hunter and Arms Warrior. The spell names do not currently reflect this change on the PTR, but the items themselves do.
    Last edited by Novoal7; 2017-01-08 at 04:18 AM.

Deleted
    They probably saw the post on reddit about how the 2p bonus is the best dps gain out of all set boni. Warri fun detected! Nerf bonus and switch with the worst one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fysm View Post
    They probably saw the post on reddit about how the 2p bonus is the best dps gain out of all set boni. Warri fun detected! Nerf bonus and switch with the worst one.
    Well, i suppose that the idea of tier sets is that people try to get tier pieces over same-slot offset items, but if a set has such crappy bonuses and itemization that most people stop at 2-piece, something has to be done, and considering the current batch of devs and their track record, that something can't be anything logical like improving the secondary stats... :3

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Well, i suppose that the idea of tier sets is that people try to get tier pieces over same-slot offset items, but if a set has such crappy bonuses and itemization that most people stop at 2-piece, something has to be done, and considering the current batch of devs and their track record, that something can't be anything logical like improving the secondary stats... :3
    Yep, I totally get the mindset of swapping the 2 and 4 bonuses, but not addressing the importance of Mastery is puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by Novoal7 View Post
    Yep, I totally get the mindset of swapping the 2 and 4 bonuses, but not addressing the importance of Mastery is puzzling.
    Swapping the bonuses was easy, but the reliance on mastery is a spec-wide problem and as such a lot more involved to fix.

Deleted
    Warriors have the strongest T19 set bonus ingame. What do you expect? According to sims both together are 9.9% dps gain. Noone else has more and some specs have only 5% gain.

I always wonder why people always need to cry. Arms gets a super powerful trinket and set bonus. Nighthold looks great so far for arms. Arms and Rets are considered the strongest melee in NH.

I know there havent been many changes. The only reason i didnt pick arms as main for NH isbecause my arms warr has the wrong legendaries. I still hope my 3rd one will be the right one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't understand the complaining. They did add a lot of mastery to our Arms tier weeks ago and now they swap bonuses so that it actually makes sense and people get upset...

DPS-gain wise, we have the best tier. Isn't that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Swapping the bonuses was easy, but the reliance on mastery is a spec-wide problem and as such a lot more involved to fix.
    The mastery wide reliance is certainly a spec-wide problem (that may or may not need to be addressed). However, the itemization of the T19 gear doesn't reflect that. It's crit heavy, and as nice as that may be, isn't even remotely close to mastery in stat weight.

Where as only ONE of out of the six tier pieces has mastery on it. Swapping the 2 and 4 pieces was certainly necessary, but our gear being so poorly itemized is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus View Post
    Yeah I don't understand the complaining. They did add a lot of mastery to our Arms tier weeks ago and now they swap bonuses so that it actually makes sense and people get upset...

Wait, did they? Based on the Adventure Guide's Item Set T19 list, there is, as I previously stated, only one pieces with main stat mastery. If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it and be graciously happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Novoal7 View Post
    Wait, did they? Based on the Adventure Guide's Item Set T19 list, there is, as I previously stated, only one pieces with main stat mastery. If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it and be graciously happy about it.
    retail adventure guide is outdated, they changed all tiersets few weeks back
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post43631724

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus View Post

In Mythic gear, you have several pieces that don't have any mastery on them. I don't know how itemized the other specs are for the other classes but this is very puzzling as to why they just added Mastery to two pieces ... Just two. That's very poor itemization. At least four would be sufficient, but two? Let alone the helm has a shit ton of haste (which is good) but very low mastery ...

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    retail adventure guide is outdated, they changed all tiersets few weeks back
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post43631724
    Hmm. They were changed but are still horribly itemized.

o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Warriors have the strongest T19 set bonus ingame. What do you expect? According to sims both together are 9.9% dps gain. Noone else has more and some specs have only 5% gain.

I always wonder why people always need to cry. Arms gets a super powerful trinket and set bonus. Nighthold looks great so far for arms. Arms and Rets are considered the strongest melee in NH.

I know there havent been many changes. The only reason i didnt pick arms as main for NH isbecause my arms warr has the wrong legendaries. I still hope my 3rd one will be the right one.
    Woot? Havoc setbonuses has about 11% increase damage

so basically fury will be better then arms now