Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Its a good thing they don't have to balancing pve and pvp together anymore. Nobody is even playing Arena anymore because they are no longer fun and they offer little reward. They should focus on making all classes fun to play in pve and pvp again. Since thats all PVP has is gameplay and right now its really shoddy.

Why would you ever campaign for content to be removed...

just
    dont
    play
    it
    and
    move
    along

If Arena "encourages zero social behavior" and that means it should be removed, time to remove dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    It encourages ZERO social behavior.
    I'm sorry, but how does organized multiplayer content NOT encourage social behavior? Arena battles are, by their very nature, social endeavors. They require organization, pre-planning, and constant communication.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    This post is so dumb that it's time to remove raiding. I don't have any evidence, just do it because feels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    It would actually be ok to remove raiding, since such a low % of people raid. When it comes to arena they might as well leave it in, since they don't spend any manpower on it anyway.
    Rather not, we've seen other games making the mistakes not having, adding it later and getting the feel of not being popular.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Feel like what the issue with arena was that they wanted to make a small piece of an mmo into a standalone e-sport, which is hard to do if possible at all.

If they really believed in arena as an e-sport, they could create a standalone arena format, much like a tournament realm but with even less rpg and more pvp.

*should be noted I love arena always have and still do

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Your vanilla realm has arena unlocked?
    Vanilla wow doesn't have arena. Arena was first introduced in BC 2.0.1

They need remove rated pvp. Make alterac valley great again.
    Fuck alterac valley. One if the most commonly blacklisted BG. It barely qualifies as PVP anyway.

Turning AV into the hours long event that it used to be and removing arenas... good thing you aren't a game designer. You'd go hungry

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla wow doesn't have arena. Arena was first introduced in BC 2.0.1
    And the comment went right over your head. You really think you can make design decisions when a single sentence confuses you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Fuck alterac valley. One if the most commonly blacklisted BG. It barely qualifies as PVP anyway.
    LOL, AV is the MOST solo queue BG either.

cya

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really enjoyed arenas..actually I just never did! I loved queuing for warsong gulch with my closest friends in our newly obtained Black War Horses and such, riding into battle..nostalgia.

But anyways, I like the Legion model. You can gear up via pve, then hop into PvP and earn yourself honor talents. I actually kinda forgot arenas existed.

Just don't do it. Problem solved.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Just don't do it. Problem solved.
    Yeah. Even blizzard doesn't remove it, it will die soon. Market economy WORKS!
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-01-09 at 08:23 PM.

I can't believe that this mini game which consists mainly of running around various poles is still a thing...

Your argument seems to come from something one Blizzard employee said back in Wrath and one poster here who agrees with you.

No, it's not time to remove arena. Why are people so damn eager to remove things from the game when they don't like them? Just don't participate.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    Why would you ever campaign for content to be removed...

just
    dont
    play
    it
    and
    move
    along
    Exactly!

I mean, I don't like arena.

I'm not even a big fan of PvP usually.

I'm not campaigning for their removal though, I just don't do it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I do agree that if there ever was a single direct mistake that Blizzard has made when adding massive aspect of play-style to the game: that Arenas were one of the worst long-term design implementations to add to the game. In retrospect, adding Arenas were the direct cause of implementing PvP/PvE Balance tweaks into the game which created the massive on-going plethora of issues with class-homogenization and how CC and Support class-mechanics function, effectively murdering a lot of the immersion and gameplay-feel many classes had in the earliest iterations of the game. Granted, Legion addressed many of these issues in many of the redesigns of many classes and specs.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Yeah. Even blizzard doesn't remove it, it will die soon. Market economy WORKS!
    In theory you are 100% correct.

It encourages ZERO social behavior.
    Yeah, good luck getting any good at arena without talking to anyone ever.
    If I didn't yell at my teammates to peel the double melees of my ass when I need them to I'd just be paste on the floor.

Heck..even if it's just some randoms at 1200 rating or whatever..atleast they still have to find eachother and invite eachother, it gets the ball rolling.

Compare that to other content..like LFR or the dungeonfinder and yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably won't remove it as it speaks to a % (although a very small %) of people playing who gravitate to the hyper competitive aspects of the game.

That said, I think they're doing the next best thing in their mind and generally ignoring / putting minimal effort into the rewards and balance.