Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiako View Post
    wut? So if my house catches fire your solution is to to let it burn to the ground even if only one room is burning atm? Its not metaphorical at all its a fact with these birth rates their gone lose 1/3 of its population as I said google "japan estimated population 2050" there are alot of information you can read to educate yourself on the shit their faceing and I have yet to read anything about an actual selution. If you know something I do not feel free to enlighten me.

Also to anyone thinking that Japan is so "great" should get real they have are having ever larger social issues there such as women are still to this day expected to give up working to become mothers. Also their xenophobia is beyond what I would call logical my mother has a friend he is married to a japanese woman(they live in japan) and you know what even though the children they have were born in Japan and have never left Japan are still gaijin.

As someone who has actually studied contemporary japanese society and japanese culture it amazes me how people think Japan is some perfect country and this is mostly due to them almost not taking any at all immigrants stop confusing it with what is happening in in the EU. If a country dose one thing you want to happen where you are atm it dose not make it "great" the fact remains Japan has ALOT of issues atm. Is everything bad about Japan? no but its far from some fair tale paradise simply due to having super hard and strict immigration laws.
    Solutions do not actually exist to demographic problems. No country has figured it out how to resolve the crisis and believe me countries have tried every known solution and for the most part it does not work.

Japan is unique in the world in that it isn't using immigration to solve its problem. To me this is a better solution because immigration is a short term solution. As most of the world enters the demographic winter and becomes like Japan in birth rates, there will be fewer countries to import people from and you've still radically changed your country to some extent which the Japanese do not wish to do.

Japan has chosen to weather that storm without substitutions, which IMHO will eventually produce a recovery. Without immigrants properties can become cheap and people can start lives wherever they like in the country. The lower births will eventually help the wages of the young that do exist. In time things will correct themselves. The EU will try and forestall the bad years but they will also forestall recovery IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    in 26 years of life in the US I have never held or seen a gun that wasn't on an officers belt. You sound simply uncultured and have no idea what life here is like. Not even the slightest clue. Do you people in other countries really think we live in this morbidly obese Walmart super center utopia, riding rascals shooting our guns into the air. I mean. Haha yes, those are the jokes. Oh America, so funny, so fat, so crazy. You guys know its mostly jokes right.. or have you never actually been here. Go to any mall. Its a sea of the hottest thinnest women you will find. None of them with gun holsters. Honestly. Can one of you fuckers just come here for a second, look around for 5 min and immediately realize how brainwashed you have been about the US. You know why Americans are so intolerant of the rest of the world. We are the target of so much intolerance. We simply cannot fight your governments brainwashing propaganda. Making you hate us is a very powerful tool to deflect from issues at home.
    Oh boy, you just tried to reason with Espe. Good luck on that. I have a bingo card for his posts:

1. Guns
    2. Republicans
    3. Conservatives
    4. Right Wing
    5. Gun Nuts
    6. Ammosexual
    7. Use icon

The more of these words he squeezes into a post the more points you get.

Edit: Had to update my list for bingo.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-10 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    One that can be reasoned with.
    I want to post some meme, any meme really, of a guy just laughing his ass off.

I don't want an infraction though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The secret, much like Australia's, is that they're an isolated island nations.
    In Australia's case, last I read, their overall crime has remained stagnant pre and post ban of modern firearms.

My memory may be fuzzy on that one, so if I am wrong that is possible.

Deleted
    Would like to see a suicide cases comparison as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    This is the same philosophical question of "Do prostitutes hurt society?"

People will argue that as long as two consulting adults are engaged in the act then there is nothing wrong. Other people will argue while that may be true, it ignores the secondary affects of the spread of disease and the uptick in other crimes intermingled with the profession.

In a perfect world prostitutes would all work like the Bunny Ranch in Nevada. However reality is the extreme opposite of this.
    Unprotected sex happens with or without prostitutes. If disease spreading is the main argument against prostitution, I'm surprised it hasn't been legalized yet. To my understanding, it's more of a "treatment of women" thing. In the end, consent is all that should matter.

Back on topic, I have no problems with guns being used as a hobby or even a sport. I simply shake my head when people tout the whole family protection or self defense line when stats have proven the opposite. Roughly 11-13k die from gun homicides per recent year, I can't find any credible statistics on how many times guns were used in self defense.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I can't find any credible statistics on how many times guns were used in self defense.
    Because there is no incentive to do so.

Play devil's advocate for a moment from both a government standpoint and a media standpoint.

The secret is that it is a very racially homogeneous society with a lot of cohesion. Transplant Detroit into Japan and you'll see the gun crime stats go way up.

Because there is no incentive to do so.

Play devil's advocate for a moment from both a government standpoint and a media standpoint.
    I would think at least conservative media would report on this. I know you surely loved to post them in the past. I also know that not every gun homocide is reported unless it's some "racial" thing or a mass shooting. Happens way too often for any media to report on every incident.

Let's not be blind in thinking guns have saved more people than it has killed.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't find any credible statistics on how many times guns were used in self defense.
    Good luck with that. Unless you actually fire a bullet and cause bodily harm to someone there isn't going to be any reporting beyond the local PD's facebook page.

I would think at least conservative media would report on this. I know you surely loved to post them in the past. I also know that not every gun homocide is reported unless it's some "racial" thing or a mass shooting. Happens way too often for any media to report on every incident.

Let's not be blind in thinking guns have saved more people than it has killed.
    If a report is made by the conservative media it is immediately dismissed. We both know that.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Good luck with that. Unless you actually fire a bullet and cause bodily harm to someone there isn't going to be any reporting beyond the local PD's facebook page.
    This is also true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Solutions do not actually exist to demographic problems. No country has figured it out how to resolve the crisis and believe me countries have tried every known solution and for the most part it does not work.

Japan is unique in the world in that it isn't using immigration to solve its problem. To me this is a better solution because immigration is a short term solution. As most of the world enters the demographic winter and becomes like Japan in birth rates, there will be fewer countries to import people from and you've still radically changed your country to some extent which the Japanese do not wish to do.

Japan has chosen to weather that storm without substitutions, which IMHO will eventually produce a recovery. Without immigrants properties can become cheap and people can start lives wherever they like in the country. The lower births will eventually help the wages of the young that do exist. In time things will correct themselves. The EU will try and forestall the bad years but they will also forestall recovery IMHO.
    The underlying issues behind the low birth rates while not one singular thing/issue is not something you can solve via one thing weather its immegration or implementing social/political reforms it needs to be a combination of more than one thing which is why there is no easy one word selution. Hence why Japan has not found a way out of in fact Japan due to how conservative(this is my opinion based of what I know) is ill suited for the change needed to find a way out of the why no one is getting married and even why married couples are not having children seeing as things have changed since the early 1900s for japan and by ALOT the point I am trying to make here is that they have little intention of solving core issues due to how it would break alot of long established social norms and traditions that in most case they are unable to let go of. While it can be argued for that it has been a massive strength for the japanese and will continue to be the term that I would use is "trim the fat" over time things change and somethings need to be let go of. Fun fact I would like to add its still social stigma for a women to choose to be a single mother aka have children without being married in Japan lul its 2017 now not 1917.

On another topic you are flat out wrong "most" of the world will not enter a "demographic winter" and suffer low birth rates is not happening anytime soon estimates are that we will go up until about a 12billion + population before overall global stagnation will happen. Unless of you are talking about the west and by that mostly western EU + a few other select countries in the world.

To me its very clear you are an very angry person over immergration maybe its due to what has happened/happening where you live? I dont know as I dont know anything about you but its clear you along with alot of people in this thread are having their judgment clouded due to this ONE thing.

Things do no naturally "fix" themselfs this an extremely naive way of seeing things and a final thing on the note of wages for the young their low not because the money is not there but because companies dont want to pay more and irony is that the era we live in now there has never been a bigger gap between the rich and the poor funny that 62 of the richest people in the world own ½ the worlds wealth and that the 1% have 99% of ALL the wealth in the world. Nope bad working conditions and worse wages exist due the greed of the rich and us letting them get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Eh, no. The police report on extreme threats, break-ins, mugging, etc. If you were in danger by someone else, it is (supposed) to be reported on, regardless if you solved the incident with a gun.

- - - Updated - - -

If a report is made by the conservative media it is immediately dismissed. We both know that.
    Biased media or other sites that I consider blogs have reported on some stupid stories with no backing, because it appeals to their audience. This I do acknowledge.

But local media have no trouble reporting on incidents where some burglar or other bad guy was scared off or shot at by the would be victim. They are reported on, you even made efforts in the past to post them here in OT.
    Last edited by kail; 2017-01-09 at 08:53 PM.

Eh, no. The police report on extreme threats, break-ins, mugging, etc. If you were in danger by someone else, it is (supposed) to be reported on, regardless if you solved the incident with a gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Biased media or other sites that I consider blogs have reported on some stupid stories with no backing, because it appeals to their audience. But local media have no trouble reporting on incidents where some burglar or other bad guy was scared off or shot at by the would be victim. They are reported on, you even made efforts in the past to post them here in OT.
    However no one is collecting the data that wouldn't be considered bias. There is literally no incentive for this type of data to be collected and centralized if the end result is not what they want. No one is ever truly neutral on such topics.

With that said, how many reports on a number of topic have been confirmed, debunked, confirmed again, debunked again, and the cycle repeats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Helps to have a completely different culture....

They cut off all the hands/fingers? Can't fire guns w/o hands...

This is the same philosophical question of "Do prostitutes hurt society?"

People will argue that as long as two consulting adults are engaged in the act then there is nothing wrong. Other people will argue while that may be true, it ignores the secondary affects of the spread of disease and the uptick in other crimes intermingled with the profession.

In a perfect world prostitutes would all work like the Bunny Ranch in Nevada. However reality is the extreme opposite of this.
    Actually the reality is some form of prostitution is legal in most of the civilized world. It is only out-right illegal in mostly communist, formerly communist, or arab states....and in the USA of course, which is weird since we pride ourselves on being the land of the free. But hey, republicans are obsessed with using big government to legislate the personal sexual lives of it's citizens, so it's expected.
    Last edited by MozDef; 2017-01-09 at 09:04 PM. Reason: spelling

However no one is collecting the data that wouldn't be considered bias. There is literally no incentive for this type of data to be collected and centralized if the end result is not what they want. No one is ever truly neutral on such topics.

With that said, how many reports on a number of topic have been confirmed, debunked, confirmed again, debunked again, and the cycle repeats.
    Then let me ask this: Do you believe that guns have helped more people defend themselves than it has helped others commit homicide?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Thread is about gun crime. You do need a gun for that.
    It's a meaningless statistic.

I remember when Piers Morgan wouldn't shut the fuck up bragging about how the UK gun-crime rates have dropped since the handgun ban. What he refused to acknowledge or mention in debates was that other violent crimes increased.

If your only goal is to decrease gun crime, then yes, banning those guns (or making them very hard to obtain) will accomplish that. But that is a retarded goal; the goal should be to decrease violent activity in general, not redistribute them and then claim success.

Then let me ask this: Do you believe that guns have helped more people defend themselves than it has helped others commit homicide?
    The question is irrelevant to me truth be told. Either answer should have no bearing on me, a citizen not performing criminal activity.

So I can't answer your question either way. I don't know the answer and as indicated, I really don't care at the end of the day.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-01-09 at 09:20 PM.