Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a dream to see Nintendo support and save it like they did with the Bayonetta franchise.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2017-01-09 at 08:58 PM.

After careful deliberation, Microsoft Studios has come to the decision to end production for "Scalebound." We're working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including "Halo Wars 2," "Crackdown 3," "State of Decay 2," "Sea of Thieves" and other great experiences. For more information on our 2017 plans, please visit: https://news.xbox.com/2017/01/05/xbo...-year-in-2016/.
    quotecharcters

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It would be a dream to seeNintendo support and save it like they did with the Bayonetta franchise.
    Nintendo doesn't have a platform this game can run on, without it being scaled back (No pun intended) by a hug amount.

If anyone pick's it up its Sony and good chance they will have Japan Studio finish it or help finish it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    quotecharcters
    That makes it official. The game is dead unless Sony pick's it up or Platinum finish's it at some point later.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Even thought it would take a hit (though maybe only slight) if Nintendo did gobble it up for the Switch, I still kind of want that as an outcome over Sony, if only for it bringing some slight joy in it being a reverse Rare situation and all the GameCube titles that jumped ship to the Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Even thought it would take a hit (though maybe only slight) if Nintendo did gobble it up for the Switch, I still kind of want that as an outcome over Sony, if only for it bringing some slight joy in it being a reverse Rare situation and all the GameCube titles that jumped ship to the Xbox.
    It would be more then a slight hit. The Switch is not powerful enough to come close to what Scalebound was going to do, Hell the XB1 may have barely been able to do it.

I rather it release on a system that can give it the full original vision over a highly watered down version. Also Nintendo did this with Bayonetta and that game didn't sell so well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looked good too. Sad times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well apparently microsoft confirmed it saying "but dont worry you still have halo wars 2"

Aint that a thing.
    Like those two have anything in common other than being Microsoft exclusives...

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Like those two have anything in common other than being Microsoft exclusives...
    Well does the Xbox One have any huge exclusives left for 2017 we already know about? Crackdown 3 is still drifting in the 'maybe vapourware?' ether so its Halo wars 2 and State of Decay 2 in a long 12 months of silence unless they pull out some 'and its out next month' stuff at e3.

Honestly as someone who love the xbox and used my xbox 360 for an obscene amount of gaming in the mid 2000's it just seems like every week there is a new stumbling trip up moment for the xbox brand. Its not Sega in the late 90's bad but man what a strange state of things.

Well does the Xbox One have any huge exclusives left for 2017 we already know about? Crackdown 3 is still drifting in the 'maybe vapourware?' ether so its Halo wars 2 and State of Decay 2 in a long 12 months of silence unless they pull out some 'and its out next month' stuff at e3.

Honestly as someone who love the xbox and used my xbox 360 for an obscene amount of gaming in the mid 2000's it just seems like every week there is a new stumbling trip up moment for the xbox brand. Its not Sega in the late 90's bad but man what a strange state of things.
    The MS gaming division spends their money on stupid shit, this is nothing new. Their 1st/2nd party support has been a joke ever since the 2nd half of the 360s life span.

I hope for Xbox's brand sake they have some big surprises for e3, or scorpio is going to be sent out to die

it seems every week there is a sumbling? What? A game that a majority of gamers hadnt herd of gets canceled and its doom and gloom for xbox? Crackdown is more than enough for my taste, 1 was awsome 2 as good. 3 got delayed from late 2016 into 2017 and its vaporware now? the consoles only goten better since release and tbh i think both systems are in good places for this year. nintendo is the only one thats really up in the air.

10+ Year Old Account

My point was that an action RPG and an RTS really aren't related and don't have similar fanbases. I was somewhat interested in Scalebound, but I wasn't interested in Halo Wars 2 at all, although I'm sure it will be a decent game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    it seems every week there is a sumbling? What? A game that a majority of gamers hadnt herd of gets canceled and its doom and gloom for xbox? Crackdown is more than enough for my taste, 1 was awsome 2 as good. 3 got delayed from late 2016 into 2017 and its vaporware now? the consoles only goten better since release and tbh i think both systems are in good places for this year. nintendo is the only one thats really up in the air.
    What exclusives does the XB1 have coming out this year???

Both Crackdown 3 and State of Decay 2 are maybes, nether has a set release date or even timeframe. Crackdown 3 was suppose to be out 2 years ago.

https://gamerant.com/crackdown-3-sum...ease-date-411/
    Microsoft announced Crackdown 3 at E3 2014, with an implied 2015 release date. However, Microsoft decided not to show Crackdown 3 at E3 2015 and focused on a Gamescom presentation instead. That, along with relative lack of information about Crackdown’s development, should’ve been enough to raise red flags for anyone paying attention. In short: the 2016 release date hardly comes as a surprise.
    Then got a 2016 Summer release date
    Developer Dave Jones confirmed Crackdown 3’s summer 2016 release window in an interview with IGN,
    Now its a maybe holiday 2017 release date. Phantom Dust has bit the dust a year ago it seems.

The only confirmed one (unless I missed something) is Halo Wars 2. Halo Wars 1 was not received well with a user score of 7.2
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/halo-wars

To be quite honest why the fuck Microsoft thinks even making the XboxOne Scrop is a good idea right now I have no clue. The XB1 is lacking in exclusive titles badly compared to both Ps4 and Nintendo (Switch). That's money spent that could be used to make new IP's that is true XB1 exclusives.

Its gotten to the point where they keep fucking paying for timed exclusives (Dead Rising 4).

Let me be 100% clear, I am not ok with how long it has taken Sony to get there head out of there ass. I'm also not ok with the current state of Nintendo. But Microsoft is the one out of the three who can NOT be losing exclusive titles and dropping the ball.

Edit: As for Nintendo if the rumored release titles for the Switch are true then good chance they will do better then Microsoft and maybe even Sony.

The Switch has a lot of hype behind it, I just hope they don't drop the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    If that video holds true then that's just fucken sad and all the blame lays at Microsoft's feet. Also really sad if Scalebound is really a Microsoft IP, That means it may never see the light of day.

- - - Updated - - -

Microsoft is really going out of there way to cut ties from this game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...s-from-youtube
    Microsoft has removed all trailers of Scalebound from its Xbox YouTube page following news of the game's cancellation earlier in the evening.

Twitter posts from the official Scalebound account and Xbox Live head honcho Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb link to Scalebound trailers that are marked as either removed or made private.

Cancelling a highly promoted AAA game after four years of work is an already unprecedented move, but removing footage of its existence is especially odd. Perhaps it's a licensing issue? We've asked Microsoft for comment.

At the moment, there is still some footage of Scalebound tucked away on the Xbox YouTube page, such as brief glimpses of it in this E3 2016 montage.
    The good news is that Scalebound footage is still plentiful on developer Platinum Games' YouTube page. Plus there's some neat videos of it on our nifty Eurogamer YouTube channel.

Indeed, Microsoft can scrub Scalebound trailers from its YouTube channel, but as Captain James T. Kirk once said, "Scalebound's not really dead. As long as we remember it."
    Please give me a E3 2017 (or sooner) PlayStation 4 trailer of scalebound
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-10 at 01:27 AM.

Scalebound is dead as Microsoft owns the IP.

We might see a similar looking and mechanical similar game by Platinum. Maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nintendo doesn't have a platform this game can run on, without it being scaled back (No pun intended) by a hug amount.

If anyone pick's it up its Sony and good chance they will have Japan Studio finish it or help finish it.

- - - Updated - - -

That makes it official. The game is dead unless Sony pick's it up or Platinum finish's it at some point later.
    The Switch is literally around the corner, that console is surely good enough to run the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    The Switch is literally around the corner, that console is surely good enough to run the game.
    The Switch is no where near as close as powerful as a XB1 and the XB1 was having issues with performance already.

The Switch can NOT run Scalebound without massive cutbacks. The Switch is a gaming tablet and it will not come anywhere close to XB1/Ps4 performance. Even more so at a $250 price point.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-10 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The Switch is no where near as close as powerful as a XB1 and the XB1 was having issues with performance already.

The Switch can NOT run Scalebound without massive cutbacks. The Switch is a gaming tablet and it will not come anywhere close to XB1/Ps4 performance. Even more so at a $250 price point.
    Do you honestly think they'd risk making a much weaker console after the wii u failure?
    Also the Xbox one is not even that great. There's a reason why everyone was all ResidentSleeper when they unveiled it, because 1. It's specs sucked and 2. It was the worst design anyone could come up with.
    There is no way the switch is gonna be worse than the first XB1, because if so then it spells the death of Nintendo. And keep in mind that Scalebound was designed for the original XB1, they began working on SB 4 years ago. But Scalebound is dead now, it ain't getting revived as long as Microsoft holds the IP.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    There is no way the switch is gonna be worse than the first XB1
    Do you not fallow The Switch thread? The hardware has already been revealed and yes its less then the original XB1. Once again its a gaming tablet, there is no chance in hell its going to be as powerful as a XB1 or PS4. Name me a tablet on the market that is $250 or less and as powerful as a XB1. Hell name me one that is $500 or less that is as powerful. The Nintendo Switch is a $250 gaming tablet. To expect it to be as powerful as a XB1 (or Ps4) shows a lack in knowledge in hardware.

Edit: Also no everyone was ResidentSleeper about the XB1 due to the always only DRM bullshit they was going to pull alongside all the TV bullshit.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-01-10 at 02:54 AM.

Another reason to not deal with Japanese gaming companies.