Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    what?

as far as I know it was actually buffed on the PTR to increase Destructions single target damage. Service was buffed too
    It might apply to the temporary doomguard, you know, to push destros into using the imp + that instead of defaulting to the permanent Supremacy one. So the temporary one got buffed but the Supremacy one reverts back to where it is on live by taking 20% back out again

I guess....

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Yeah...that Supremacy nerf is under destruction. They are either pushing using the Imp and the Doomguard cooldown very hard indeed, or it's a fuckup, and it's a 20% buff, for destruction only, to bring up it's ST

It is just plain weird.
    You guys aren't reading the patch notes carefully enough or I am not understanding the patch notes (possible)

Doomguard for Destruction got a HUGE buff, but is then nerfed 20% if you take Supremecy. Still a net increase in damage:

Doom Guard’s Doom Bolt damage is now 275% of spell power (was 210%).
    Grimoire of Supremacy now reduces Doom Guard’s Doom Bolt damage by 20%.

275%/210= 30% buff
    275%*0.8 = 220%. Still a 4.8% buff over current doom bolt spell power

Also, Mortal Coil now does damage regardless!!!

My guess is that the Doomguard buffs aren't Destro specific, but could be wrong.

The nerf of MG back to 20% (if true) really sucks. It won't compare to haunt at 20%
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    It might apply to the temporary doomguard, you know, to push destros into using the imp + that instead of defaulting to the permanent Supremacy one. So the temporary one got buffed but the Supremacy one reverts back to where it is on live by taking 20% back out again

I guess....
    well it could be, but service has better situational use for high priority damage so it would be okay, in theory, to have supremacy do more damage over a longer period of time.

Imp was buffed aswell. Service is already roughly equal with Supremacy. It wouldn't make sense for the to buff imp damage + cooldown doomguard and nerf supremacy doomguard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    You guys aren't reading the patch notes carefully enough or I am not understanding the patch notes (possible)

Doomguard for Destruction got a HUGE buff, but is then nerfed 20% if you take Supremecy. Still a net increase in damage:

275%/210= 30% buff

My guess is that the Doomguard buffs aren't Destro specific, but could be wrong.

The nerf of MG back to 20% (if true) really sucks. It won't compare to haunt at 20%
    what damage are you talking about?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20457825

Here it say 80% to mg. And I think it will end up at 80%. Last time blue post patch notes were also written by some monkey while site ones were almost without mistakes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20457825

Here it say 80% to mg. And I think it will end up at 80%. Last time blue post patch notes were also written by some monkey while site ones were almost without mistakes.
    Here's hoping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post

275%/210= 30% buff

Like I said, what they are doing is pushing the temporary doomguard+imp for destruction, the temporary hits harder than the permanent

That 20% Malefic Grasp is either a type or affliction is really, really fucked

I mean, good god, they specifically nerfed the affliction T19 bonuses to accomodate 80%. Malefic Grasp 20% is not worth using under any circumstance.

Thiago Diniz
    ‏tlira12
    WarcraftDevs Malefic Grasp only doing +20% damage? Is that intended? Used to be +80% until yesterday.

WarcraftDevs ‏WarcraftDevs 20m20 minutes ago
    tlira12 Just a typo, we'll get it fixed. Should be 80%. Thanks!

Deleted
    they are probably panicking right now seeing what a mess the patch notes are, other class forums are complaining too that a loot of things are missing or false, and adjusting them on the fly.

its just me or they just skipped the warlock class on the pvp changes??

15 minute demonic circle duration, THANK THE GODS!

Now I won't hate my raid anymore when they constantly force me to re-apply demonic circle because they waste time ruminating pre-pull.

Deleted
    Yep, rushed out at the last minute with loads of mistakes, also severely lackign in detail

Officialnotes should not say stuff like "spells got their damage increased". Should say which ones, by how much.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-01-09 at 09:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    15 minute demonic circle duration, THANK THE GODS!

Now I won't hate my raid anymore when they constantly force me to re-apply demonic circle because they waste time ruminating pre-pull.
    yeah that is a small QoL change that I actually appreciate a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    its just me or they just skipped the warlock class on the pvp changes??
    ^^

what?

as far as I know it was actually buffed on the PTR to increase Destructions single target damage. Service was buffed too
    Yeah yeah just the permanent Doomguard under Supremacy takes a hit, not the CD-version. I believe it's simply to dissuade people from taking the Supremacy talent for maximising deeps.

Deleted
    Just tried it, the Supremacy change appears to apply to affliction as well, temporary Doomguard hitting considerably harder than the Supremacy one

Shame that Service plus the cooldown doomy both cost shards, probably not worh losing Malefic Grasp powered UA's for Service or the doomguard

On warcraftdevs twitter they said its a typo, Malefic Grasp is 80%.

Great

It's still funny how they increased dmg of spriests, arms warrios and mages while not touching wl damage spells

Just tried it, the Supremacy change appears to apply to affliction as well, temporary Doomguard hitting considerably harder than the Supremacy one

Shame that Service plus the cooldown doomy both cost shards, probably not worh losing Malefic Grasp powered UA's for Service or the doomguard
    I really wish they would remove the shard cost on both doomguard/infernal (cd version) and service. I love affliction but would much rather have my felhunter out and a couple CDs to use outside of Reap without losing tons of DPS due to shards being required to summon. I actually loath my doomguard anymore, too big and bulky for my tastes.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well it could be, but service has better situational use for high priority damage so it would be okay, in theory, to have supremacy do more damage over a longer period of time.

Imp was buffed aswell. Service is already roughly equal with Supremacy. It wouldn't make sense for the to buff imp damage + cooldown doomguard and nerf supremacy doomguard.

- - - Updated - - -

what damage are you talking about?
    Lol, my bad. Mortal Coil HEALZ regardless of whether it fears target.

Also, we need to look at official patch notes. MMO-C outdated.

For example: MG is now back to 80% (someone mentioned this already I believe).

- - - Updated - - -

It's still funny how they increased dmg of spriests, arms warrios and mages while not touching wl damage spells
    Spriests desperately needed the buffs so that account for the changes to StM. They were in a really bad place if they opted not to take StM and now they have options.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    The flat damage increases for SP's was compensation for nerfing StM. Same for fire mages who got rewrites that lowered their damage, so they got it back in flat buffs, whilst arcane and frost were perceived as under-performers

I dunno why they are buffing warriors though. It might be "compensation" for nerfing legendaries, they said they'd bake some of the damage into classes so that people with legendaries do about the same, whilst those without do more

Shame they left out affliction, apparently they feel that the strength of Malefic Grasp and a buff to Contagion are sufficient to make up for hammering the hood by 50%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilkizan View Post
    I really wish they would remove the shard cost on both doomguard/infernal (cd version) and service. I love affliction but would much rather have my felhunter out and a couple CDs to use outside of Reap without losing tons of DPS due to shards being required to summon. I actually loath my doomguard anymore, too big and bulky for my tastes.
    Same. Unstable Affliction plus Grasp + Contagion is so strong that Service demon and temporary doomguard do not feel worth the shard cost. I;d rather affliction had a better cooldown.

I suspect that Supremacy is still the go-to. Might be different for destruction.

Malefic Grasp 'error' has been fixed now on official patch notes. Back up to 80%.