Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Only horror game I've played is PT, I'm a huge puss when it comes to horror movies/games so I tend to not go near them

Phantasmagoria back in the day.
    The Suffering on Xbox. First time I saw it I watched a friend play it for 2 hours, scared the living fire out of me with the creatures with knives walking on the ceiling and would scramble along the screen really quick just out of no where and the sounds, make it stop! Knife on concrete taps/scraps. No.

I want to play The Evil Within but I haven't yet. I like reading at night so i'm weighting the two against each other. Easily can spook myself with my imagination and yet I read reddit's /r/nosleep so go figure (hey it's great stories!).

Quote Originally Posted by maunazero View Post
    Phantasmagoria back in the day.
    The Suffering on Xbox. First time I saw it I watched a friend play it for 2 hours, scared the living fire out of me with the creatures with knives walking on the ceiling and would scramble along the screen really quick just out of no where and the sounds, make it stop! Knife on concrete taps/scraps. No.

I want to play The Evil Within but I haven't yet. I like reading at night so i'm weighting the two against each other. Easily can spook myself with my imagination and yet I read reddit's /r/nosleep so go figure (hey it's great stories!).
    Yeah, The Suffering actually was really creepy. My bestie and I would play in the dark and it was creepy as hell.

For genuine scariness I would vote for the Silent Hill series. For creepiness and disturbing would be the My Creepy Diary series in mobile. The first episode was the best one but was unfortunately removed from the Android store due to the content.

Clive Barker's Undying
    That game had amazing atmosphere. Graphically it is rather dated now, but the audio alone still manages to make me nervous.
    https://www.gog.com/game/clive_barkers_undying

He another game called Jericho that was pretty good as well.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Silent Hill. That opening gameplay was definitely creepy as fuck.

Alien Isolation and Amnesia in recent memory.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alien trilogy on the psone.

Deleted
    I didn't play many scary games but i remember being scared shitless on Manhunt because the character was sooo weak compared to the enemies and you were left with only melee weapons verusus people with guns a lot of times.

The other one i played was Siren Blood Curse but i can't remember much of the game. It was so long ago.

Dont get scared easily but my favorite horror games is

Condemned: Criminal Origins
    Alien Isolation
    Dead Space 1

Loved The Evil Within to, got pleasantly surprised as i had heard it was just alright

I like games with high tention like Alien Isolation that game is easily the best movie to game adaptation created.

Then the old ones like Silent Hill 2 and the re games to 4.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-01-09 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a kid Friday the 13th NES. Creepy music and 'first person' looking in the house to find Jason, you'd turn a corner and he'd be there then start chasing you. Scary stuff for a 6-7 year old.
    Teenage years Eternal Darkness but I knew alot of the stuff going into it. I did finish the whole game. Sad we didn't get the full trilogy that was supposedly planned.
    Semi-adult/recent Condemned. Fuck. That. Game. Probably the first game I had to just stop playing cause of sheer ambiance. I haven't played anything truly creepy since having kids, mostly just gory monster stuff like Gears at the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Semi-adult/recent Condemned. Fuck. That. Game. Probably the first game I had to just stop playing cause of sheer ambiance. I haven't played anything truly creepy since having kids, mostly just gory monster stuff like Gears at the worst.
    Always nice to see another Condemned fan, yeah loved that game so much and i think it was the launch title for xbox 360 so got that with call of duty 2 and wow definitely one of my favorite fingers crossed we for a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played many horror games, so mine probably isn't as scary as some of those people mentioned here... That said, Doom 3 was the scariest thing I've ever played, and I the longest I could keep on playing without needing a switch to a different game was around 3 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Hated Amnesia because you can't fight back. I'd rather fight than be chased helplessly. F#ck that game.

My partner wants me to buy the new VR Resident evil. LOL.
    no.

Quote Originally Posted by MCO Readycheck View Post
    My partner wants me to buy the new VR Resident evil. LOL.
    no.
    If i had the cash to put out atm i would get vr just for that game, looks really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Always nice to see another Condemned fan, yeah loved that game so much and i think it was the launch title for xbox 360 so got that with call of duty 2 and wow definitely one of my favorite fingers crossed we for a new one.
    It actually wasn't even mine. My friend who was living next apartment over at the time bought it to play and keep at my house as he couldn't get a 360 at launch. I tried to play it one night after the wife went to bed and I just couldn't do it. I was probably 22 at the time (married young yes I know).

Another one I remember now is Halo's the library first time going thru. Something about the flood and that creepy music made me jumpy. Flood isn't even scary now that we know more about them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    If i had the cash to put out atm i would get vr just for that game, looks really good.
    To be honest, I'm the same. I CAN afford it, but can't justify shelling out that kind of bread for the VR, Camera and move etc for about £500 when I barely find time to play the games I have now. I've also just bought a house so my bank looks wrecked enough.

Back on topic, Resident Evil 3 also makes my list due to being chased all game by something that you essentially cannot kill. STARS.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    It actually wasn't even mine. My friend who was living next apartment over at the time bought it to play and keep at my house as he couldn't get a 360 at launch. I tried to play it one night after the wife went to bed and I just couldn't do it. I was probably 22 at the time (married young yes I know).

Another one I remember now is Halo's the library first time going thru. Something about the flood and that creepy music made me jumpy. Flood isn't even scary now that we know more about them.
    Yeah one of the first games i played where they made such good use of audio.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, I'm the same. I CAN afford it, but can't justify shelling out that kind of bread for the VR, Camera and move etc for about £500 when I barely find time to play the games I have now. I've also just bought a house so my bank looks wrecked enough.
    Back on topic, Resident Evil 3 also makes my list due to being chased all game by something that you essentially cannot kill. STARS.
    Yeah i hear you, seems like a waste if your only going to use it for one game or dont have the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hated Amnesia because you can't fight back. I'd rather fight than be chased helplessly. F#ck that game.
    That's the reason I haven't bought Alien: Isolation, even though I wanted to. The idea of being chased by a virtually invincible monster without being able to fight back, having to hide and cover is not my idea of fun horror.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    That's the reason I haven't bought Alien: Isolation, even though I wanted to. The idea of being chased by a virtually invincible monster without being able to fight back, having to hide and cover is not my idea of fun horror.
    It's tense as fuck, i would buy it just for the pure perfection of the setting and adaptation from the movies, they really nailed the looks and feels from the first movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Aliens was one of my first ever horror films as a young boy and to this day remains one of my favorites.

That game would wreck my head.