Poll: Your opinion of the change

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Artifact traits at 35+ in PVP (now disabled)

Original Post: From the patch notes: "Artifact traits at 35 points and above are now enabled in PvP."

7.1.5 change. Didn't expect this to happen, what's your take?

===========

UPDATE: Disabled Until Season 3

"Character progression is a core element of World of Warcraft, and that includes PvP. In Legion, empowering your Artifact to become stronger is a key part of character progression. When Artifact Knowledge levels were low at the beginning of the expansion, we deactivated the 35+ Artifact Traits in instanced PvP to avoid having large power gaps when compared to players who hadn't made much progress on their Artifact yet.

In Patch 7.1.5, we added several methods that allow players to catch up their Artifact progression very quickly. Brand new players can advance up to Artifact Knowledge level 15 without any research time, and existing players can mail Artifact Knowledge Compendiums to alts, which immediately bring them as high as level 20. At this point, the power gap between a player with 35+ traits in their Artifact and a player just starting out is significantly less of a concern, as the gap can be closed very rapidly. For those reasons, we felt that Patch 7.1.5 was the right time to re-open Artifact progression to PvPers who had already earned the first 34 traits.

However, we did not communicate this change (and its purpose) with enough advance notice to allow players to effectively prepare for it. Furthermore, while the improvements in Patch 7.1.5 make it much easier to unlock those final traits for new players or alternate characters, they weren't available until today. While we still believe activating these traits is the correct choice for World of Warcraft PvP, the middle of an ongoing season is not the right time to make this change.

As of a few minutes ago, we've applied a hotfix that once again disables the 35+ Artifact Traits in instanced PvP on North American and Oceanic servers. In other regions, this hotfix will be applied with the patch. The 35+ Artifact Traits will remain disabled for Legion PvP Season 2.

Once Season 3 begins, we'll re-enable them. Note that Patch 7.2 will include some further expansions to the Artifact system that will make it highly valuable to have spent some Artifact Power on those traits (another reason we feel it's important that they be enabled in PvP). We'll have more details to share on those changes once Patch 7.2 has begun its public testing phase.

Thanks for your feedback and understanding on this topic."
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2017-01-11 at 02:41 AM.

They are going to end up altering it somehow. The buff for some specs or classes is going to really change the pre set stats they have for everything. People might actually go back to tank flag carriers now if they don't.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

This is not fair to people with alts or new players.

This is a big negative.

If they want add incentive to PVP they need to improve gear rewards so people can work towards something.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post

If they want add incentive to PVP they need to improve gear rewards so people can work towards something.
    They should remove the silly 840 Combatant set stuff mixed in with the 855 gear, maybe add more artifact power rewards inside the green boxes you get for winning, or increase the AP you get from a close loss (current 25000 at 25AK)

If they buff the amount of AP you get from pvp by ALOT then fine.

Otherwise this is a dumb change favoring pve in pvp even more than it does now...

what is this artifact crap?
    isnst just some % stamina ?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    If they buff the amount of AP you get from pvp by ALOT then fine.

Otherwise this is a dumb change favoring pve in pvp even more than it does now...
    I rather get an AP token every honor level instead of alternating with 200 gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    No, stamina is up to 34, 35-54 is 5%-15% damage or healing or 10%-29% armor scaling upwards
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-01-09 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    No...

RIP WoW PVP.

Bad change IMO. I'm putting all my AP into my raid spec, and now my PvP spec will be way behind.

meh, i doubt 15% more dmg will change anything
    but everyone should be at the same lvl in pvp in regards to gear so its a bad change, but considering what blizzard did in pvp so far its far from end of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I rather get an AP token every honor level instead of alternating with 200 gold.

- - - Updated - - -

No, stamina is up to 34, 35-54 is 5%-15% damage or healing or 10%-29% armor scaling upwards

Stamina continues to increase by 0.75% from 35-54 along with the 5%-15% damage increase. Blizzard confirmed this is working as intended. I am at lvl 44 and still gain HP each time I add another point.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wacked2015 View Post
    Stamina continues to increase by 0.75% from 35-54 along with the 5%-15% damage increase. Blizzard confirmed this is working as intended. I am at lvl 44 and still gain HP each time I add another point.
    Good to know the tooltip is bugged then, well the tooltip better be fixed in patch then.

Aww, nuts. I either need to learn how to do mythic+ as disc (when I have 2 holy exclusive legendaries) or learn to pvp as holy (rofl... like that is allowed).

Deleted
    This might actually be the worst PvP change this expansion beating Pure of Heart and basically everything about Feral.

Deleted
    They changed that, i changed my subscription to "i don't buy"...

Quote Originally Posted by wacked2015 View Post
    Yup so someone without any artifact talents is missing literally 30%+ HP facing off someone at 54 AP. And if no honor talents (eg HP talent) it is worse....

Deleted
    Hmmm... second thought...
    Didn't they say traits will go from 3/3 to 4/4 in 7.2(?) ... what if they mean those traits as 35+?
    (It may sounds silly though, because why they would announce it now and not by the time it happens...but still it may be some mistake and something to be about that...just saying).
    Because doing this for the +15% damage and how much life it is (8%?)... it's a bit suicidal.

Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath View Post
    Hmmm... second thought...
    Didn't they say traits will go from 3/3 to 4/4 in 7.2(?) ... what if they mean those traits as 35+?
    (It may sounds silly though, because why they would announce it now and not by the time it happens...but still it may be some mistake and something to be about that...just saying).
    Because doing this for the +15% damage and how much life it is (8%?)... it's a bit suicidal.
    Even if that is the case i believe they said you won't be able to unlock those 4/4 without having 54/54, so you're still going to have to farm 65m artifact power for each spec you play, on any character you play. Right now i have 35/35 on sub and assassin weapons, so if i want the 4/4 traits for pvp in 7.2 i'll need to farm 120m artifact power between the two of them. 65m for one is probably doable, 120m might even be as well if i play a decent amount and depending on when 7,2 is realeased. But i don't see how it's possible to do it on more than one character. They've released catch up mechanics and in the same patch basically shat all over them.

Deleted
    Ahahahahahahahaha, oh god someone shoot me please. What is wrong with Blizzard. This isn't even funny anymore. They wrecked World PvP to the point where it's dead, they smashed random BGs flat and reduced the participation to no end, they wrecked the rewards for all PvP and hammered RBG into the ground and then began to knock out the pillars upholding Arena now this.

Don't give me the whole "ITEM LEVEL DOESN'T MATTER", yes it frigging does. Quite a bit actually. Now with this, it will matter even more. They basically just threw it to the PvE players even harder than before. Remember, all this stuff scales with one another. So a higher item level plus artifact level will help enhance each others impact and both are found more abundantly and easily in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It's also stamina. Stamna increase from trait 1 to 54. And healing/damage is 14.5%, not 15%