Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes he should. Seeing the president of United States troll people on social media is such an absurd situation that I find it absolutely hilarious. I only wish we could have him post on Gen-OT

I think so, yes. It makes him human (we're still unsure if he is at this point).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    The President of the United States is free to use whatever appropriate platform he/she chooses to voice their opinion like any other American.

The question isn't "should they?" the question is "should they think carefully before doing so?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    yah because Trump on twitter has no up side. like him critizing Chevy for sending jobs to Mexico which caused Chevy to rethink that position so they just announced after Trumps criticism they are going to create 2,000 jobs here in America instead of Mexico

So Tweet away Trump
    I can argue with you on why outsourcing is actually a good thing and drops in stock value is not, but as you proven in other threads before, you are not rational enough to consider the facts while forming your opinions, I refuse to waste my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The President of the United States is free to use whatever appropriate platform he/she chooses to voice their opinion like any other American.

The question isn't "should they?" the question is "should they think carefully before doing so?"
    This - 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Yes, yes he should. Seeing the president of United States troll people on social media is such an absurd situation that I find it absolutely hilarious. I only wish we could have him post on Gen-OT
    Are you a maniac or something? The forums would implode. That would mark the end of MMOC-OT :O
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Well obviously somebody has to make sure that the awful, terrible, Liberal media is stopped from using things like "facts" or "truth". They shouldn't be able to lie about stories by reporting what actually happened or was said. Clearly, this is the most important thing that the PotUS should be doing.

Deleted
    It's gonna be huge: China factory hatches giant Trump chickens.

AFP news agency
    Jan 9, 2017

A Chinese factory is hatching giant inflatable chickens resembling Donald Trump to usher in the Year of the Rooster.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Are you a maniac or something? The forums would implode. That would mark the end of MMOC-OT :O
    Yeah, I certainly don't want to be on the receiving end of being know as the "the one who banned Trump from a video game forum".

No he should get the scotus judges in place and let Hilary take over

10+ Year Old Account
    It gives us some Fucking amazing memes, I hope he doesn't stop.

I don't agree with the way he is acting on Twitter, but since this is the age of social media he should absolutely have one with things he could share. I actually think if done right he could potentially bond with his citizens more. I think it's odd to say that it is unprofessional for the POTUS to use twitter, when high ranking officials for companies use social media now on a regular basis. It's like saying you support the advancement of technology, but because previous president's had to write hand written letters to do their communication, it is unprofessional for Trump to do anything outside of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah, I certainly don't want to be on the receiving end of being know as the "the one who banned Trump from a video game forum".
    I can already picture that, in his words no less! (by the way, this is not serious, just a lighthearted take at how I'd picture him on Twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonald Drump
    Jester Joe, one of the most over-rated moderator in mmoc-ot, doesn't know me but attacked last night at the Off Topic forum. He is a.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I don't think even Trump could handle gen-ot.
    Can you picture this for a minute? How quickly it would fall upon his hands to fix this? Or perhaps he has too little handling of such situations...

Ok enough with the bad puns O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Trump would get banned in under 24 hours for flaming and we'd quickly return to normal.
    Nixx... they always come back.

Burn one down, two new grow. I'd rather keep one Trump, please!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Trump is a millennial.

10+ Year Old Account
    He should continue. It gives him a direct communication link with the people which is vital now that main stream media is so openly biased against him.

Deleted
    Trump uses twitter literally for this:

<Trump> Company XYZ invests in mexico! Evil company XYZ! Dont buy from Company XYZ!

<Trump> The press said <insert something interesting about trumps politics> about me! They are all liars! Dont read anything from <insert newspaper here which reported>!

<Trump> The actress <insert actress here> said i <something trump did wrong>! How dare she! She is known to be not good as actress and a private lover of Crooked Hillary!

and

<Trump> China Hurr durr. China evil. China schtonk!

<Trump> Putin is such a nice guy! Everyone say "thanks, vladimir!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Presidents should be able to post on Twitter but only if very reserved. That's why we have a Press Secretary to very carefully answer questions and release policy statements, etc. Otherwise it's very easy (especially in a 140 char tweet) for something to be misconstrued and cause all kinds of diplomatic and foreign relations problems, which is already happening.

Trump about undid 40 years of relationship building with China in 1 tweet. Even most movie and tv stars understand this and run their posts through someone else who actually posts the Tweet, as a filter and check to make sure it's something that should be posted and is worded in a way that won't be taken wrong. It's incredible that someone hasn't be able to convince Trump to do that, or demand that he do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    He should continue. It gives him a direct communication link with the people which is vital now that main stream media is so openly biased against him.
    Yeah, just going on tv like a normal president is obviously not gonna work. It's really "vital" that he goes on twitter to spew his idiotic retoric to morons like you.
    And fyi, the media is (mainly) still just reporting the stupid things he does. OMG, the stupidity of his voters is just amazing. It's not really biased, they're just pointing out all the dumb things he does. The guy is an idiot, and people who lap up his gray semen, like you, are even worse.
    Come on now, get a grip dude!

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-01-09 at 11:28 PM.

In some ways it does make him look childish but on the flip side it also offers him a way of getting ahead of the media on stories without having to be asked 50 questions by giving a formal press conference. He did pretty much help shut down congress trying to do away with the ind ethics committee with only a couple tweets. I think twitter works for him whether people like it or not. He just needs to moderate his use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarun View Post
    I think you missed the point... You expect children to have petty arguments over social media, you don't expect one of the most powerful world leaders make petty tweets against anyone that criticizes him. World leaders are supposed to be diplomatic and professional in public, kids are expected to be petty and childish on twitter.
    Thank you, for that voice of reason :-)